Who do the Knicks draft in 2010??

Paul1355

All Star
There are ALOT of big men in this draft....the exact opposite of last years draft so I'm sure Donnie will pick up a PF and a Center in this draft...some young big men that can block shots and rebound.

I'm excited even if its the 2nd round.

There are some nice big men that we can use as Centers in this draft that would prob get some playing time....Jerome Jordan, Kenneth Faried(friends with his mom, hope he becomes a Knicks), also Charles Garcia, Brackmen, Jerome Jordan....some nice prieces

I'd say we should take a look at Syracuse's Andy Rautins. He is a sleeper. He would be a good fit in D'Antonis offense. Great three point shooter, a very good defender and a very high basketball IQ. He might still be around when it's our pick.

i agree rautins would look good in d'antonis system

jrdrny

Benchwarmer
There are ALOT of big men in this draft....the exact opposite of last years draft so I'm sure Donnie will pick up a PF and a Center in this draft...some young big men that can block shots and rebound.

I'm excited even if its the 2nd round.

There are some nice big men that we can use as Centers in this draft that would prob get some playing time....Jerome Jordan, Kenneth Faried(friends with his mom, hope he becomes a Knicks), also Charles Garcia, Brackmen, Jerome Jordan....some nice prieces
U know what hes going to draft a pg cuz last year it was pg rich draft and we got a pf. lol

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Hopefully we get the "DeJuan Blair" of the draft. That is getting an absolute steal for a low value. I need to study up on the draft, I've been so depressed that we don't have our 1st round draft pick, I forgot about the 2nd rounders we have lol.

And remember how Donnie got LA's first round pick for cash? Maybe he tries doing that again? Albeit it'd be a late first rounder, but it's better than nothing.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
If we're drafting a PG, I think I know who we should get.

Sherron Collins from Kansas.
or Alexy Shved from Europe

Collins is a senior with a very solid offensive game, his D needs a little work, but he is very fast and explosive. Projected to go late 1st-early2nd.

Here's draftexpress on Shved.

Even though he’s not ready to contribute consistently at the highest level in the world outside the NBA right now, Shved is regardless an extremely interesting long-term prospect thanks to his undeniable talent. Extremely fluid, skilled and athletic, even alongside these players, Shved is able to hold his own and them some offensively on a daily basis. He regularly created his own shot with his excellent ball-handling skills and very nice first step, and was able to score consistently with his perimeter jumper. He gets it off both in static fashion or pulling up off the dribble from mid-range, sometimes off a smooth crossover going left or right. He is more than capable of getting to the basket at times, and can use both hands creatively once there, but he struggles to finish in traffic on occasion due to his extremely thin frame.

Playing almost exclusively at the point guard position (despite standing 6-5), Shved showed great vision creating shots for his teammates, sometimes in highlight reel fashion. He is extremely creative and just has a terrific feel in general for making things happen on the court, which is sure to translate itself to the professional level sooner or later. Still a bit on the wild side, he clearly lacks experience in terms of how best to maximize his gifts.
The descriptions remind me of Sergio, very solid and creative, but raw and undeveloped.

Anywho, I don't think Stephenson is a good idea anymore. He's gained a lot of weight and isn't playing up to expectation.
I would take one guard and one big man in this draft if I were Walsh.

insanity4289

Benchwarmer
Other than John Wall no one of the first rounders is worth anyways so i don't really see any second rounders be different.

I know I dont post here alot but I actually can see Wall being a huge bust in the NBA. He was an amazing high school player and has played great this year but he makes soo many turnovers. I think that if he leaves for the nba this year it will be extremely detrimental to his career. He is extremely immature on and off the court and I dont think moving to the next level at this time would be in his best interest. (obviously it would be monetarily, but you get what I am saying)

Paul1355

All Star
I know I dont post here alot but I actually can see Wall being a huge bust in the NBA. He was an amazing high school player and has played great this year but he makes soo many turnovers. I think that if he leaves for the nba this year it will be extremely detrimental to his career. He is extremely immature on and off the court and I dont think moving to the next level at this time would be in his best interest. (obviously it would be monetarily, but you get what I am saying)
maybe Wall needs a Brandon Jennings treatment by going to Europe...i can see him being like a Michael Beesly..having problems off the court and won't be the real player we want him to be until a couple years in the league

Your opinion is more realistic than i originally thought.

Blas

Benchwarmer
Want an almost surefire bust? Draft a center from the NCAA in the 2nd round.

Check out the past 10 years or so. I can only think of 3 centers that came out of the 2nd round: Gasol, Okur, and ZaZa. They are international players.

Do we need a center? Yep, but do we want to waste our pick? Nope.

Statistically, Guards give you your best bang for your buck in the 2nd round.

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
Want an almost surefire bust? Draft a center from the NCAA in the 2nd round.

Check out the past 10 years or so. I can only think of 3 centers that came out of the 2nd round: Gasol, Okur, and ZaZa. They are international players.

Do we need a center? Yep, but do we want to waste our pick? Nope.

Statistically, Guards give you your best bang for your buck in the 2nd round.

then you would have been the one to pass up Gasol, Okur, Redd, Boozer, all of those guys that went in the second round that turned out being gems.

You don't know who will be a 100% bust....

The fact is that we need a center....at least 2 to 3...

The smartest thing would be to sign a veteran like Camby who wold start and then draft a center with our first 2nd round pick so he would get some playing time right away.

Camby can't play 37 minutes a game so we would be developing our picks already and our top pick for the year even though its in the second round.

I see us drafting a Center first, then a PF or SG

Blas

Benchwarmer
then you would have been the one to pass up Gasol, Okur, Redd, Boozer, all of those guys that went in the second round that turned out being gems.

You don't know who will be a 100% bust....

The fact is that we need a center....at least 2 to 3...

The smartest thing would be to sign a veteran like Camby who wold start and then draft a center with our first 2nd round pick so he would get some playing time right away.

Camby can't play 37 minutes a game so we would be developing our picks already and our top pick for the year even though its in the second round.

I see us drafting a Center first, then a PF or SG

I figured when I said "almost" surefire bust did not mean 100%. You are right you do not know who will be 100% bust.

I also said a center from the NCAA.

Redd and Boozer are not centers.

Gasol and Okur did not play for the NCAA.

I guess I did not communicate this very well.

My point, if you want a better chance at a serviceable or gem player in the 2nd round, stay away from centers who play in the NCAA. It would be throwing away our pick.

LeFlume

All Star
Did you guys see Andy Rautins today? I mean the dude can play. He also have a lot of experience playing for the Canadian National Team. Awesome defender and most of all he have the right mind for the game. If he's around when It's our pick we should take him. He can sit on the bench and learn and he wouldn't complain about it. No distraction whatsoever. A TEAM Player.

TAKE HIM

Scribbles

Rotation player
How about that young man from Maryland, Greivis Vasquez? He's quite clutch and isn't afraid to put the game in his hands when it matters.

They lost a heartbreaker to Michigan St. yesterday, but he put in two potential game winners before losing it at the buzzer.

Combo Guard but moreso SG at 6'6.

Averaged 19.5 points per game, 6.4 assists, 4.8 rebounds, and 1.5 steals. Only person to average more than 18 points and 6 assists in the country.

First team All ACC and ACC Player of the Year.

Above all, I like his tenacity and killer instinct. The dude flat out wants to win.

Blas

Benchwarmer
How about that young man from Maryland, Greivis Vasquez? He's quite clutch and isn't afraid to put the game in his hands when it matters.

They lost a heartbreaker to Michigan St. yesterday, but he put in two potential game winners before losing it at the buzzer.

Combo Guard but moreso SG at 6'6.

Averaged 19.5 points per game, 6.4 assists, 4.8 rebounds, and 1.5 steals. Only person to average more than 18 points and 6 assists in the country.

First team All ACC and ACC Player of the Year.

Above all, I like his tenacity and killer instinct. The dude flat out wants to win.

Last year I would have said no, this year YES! This guy loves basketball and he wants win just like you said.

In one year he has matured a lot.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
What do people think of Jimmer Fredette? Nbadraft.net predicted us taking him. I saw him against Florida. He looked awesome, but idk how his college success will realistically translate to NBA success. He could be like Redick on the Magic at best I guess?

And if Hassan Whiteside fell to the second round, it'd be like the time when DeAndre Jordan fell down to the 2nd round. Unfortunetely someone is gonna pick up Whiteside. He's a majorr project, he is soo damn raw offensively, but still I could only wish he'd still be available in the 2nd round.