Who do we want in the First Round?

Kiyaman

Legend
1) Its to late for the Pacers! The Bucks grabbed them for the first round.
2) Philly 76ers Embiid/Maxey and veterans?
3) Miami Heats .. Last season Play-In to FINALS team?

mafra

Legend
If we’re gonna lose, might as well be to PHI (instead of Indy or MiA). With Butler hurt now, obviously we would take MA)….

But if Knicks win, they get home court and huge confidence boost against MIL.

Didn’t Knicks sweep PHI 3-0 in 1989 or something?

76ers are tough and deep…. But Knicks are too. Should be fun. Can’t complain if they lose, as long as series goes 6-7…

Let Embiid get his and make him work (and tore his body out). Don’t let the supporting cast beat you. Have OG shut down Maxey.

Kiyaman

Legend
Are we looking good getting the (So-Called Injured-Embiid) Philly 76ers in the first round.
Embiid's 23 pts, 15 reb, 5 Dimes in 38 minutes in the Play-In vs Miami, plus Embiid performance came on strong in the 2nd half of the game.
Our only threat in the series will be Embiid getting healthy, and Maxey's first step drive to the lane.
Mitch & Hartenstein & Deuce McBride will be needed for the Knicks to win the series over Philly.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
As a #2 seed, we shouldn't be worry about who our first round opponent is. Personally i think i am much happier with the Sixers than with the Heat and i can hardly wait for Saturday night's game. Yes, with Butler getting injured, Miami's a liability and might not even get past the Bulls. The Sixers are our indicator of how real our position in the standings before the playoffs is and if we can't knock them out in 5 games, then we might as well end any conversation.

Embiid is still not 100% ready and while he is making jumpshots and drawing a lot of fouls i think the Sixers need more from him to compete against our big guys. Yes, he put up great numbers against the Heat who were playing with a hobbled Butler for three quarters. Hell, we might face a bigger threat from Batum. The only thing that really worries me is the health of our core. Bogdanovic finally got comfortable with his role but the latest on his wrist had me a little concerned. However, from what i read is not on his shooting hand and chances are that he will not miss any post season action, let's hope that is true. So i believe that as long as our guys stay intact we won't have any problems against anyone until the conference finals.

Also, will the Bucks actually advance against the Pacers?

mafra

Legend
Yes. We did sweep PHI in 1989. Bye bye Barkley, as Gerald Wilkins swished but shoot late in game 3.

My mother’s work had tickets to one of those games but she forgot to bring them home. Lucky me.

Kiyaman

Legend
As a #2 seed, we shouldn't be worry about who our first round opponent is. Personally i think i am much happier with the Sixers than with the Heat and i can hardly wait for Saturday night's game. Yes, with Butler getting injured, Miami's a liability and might not even get past the Bulls. The Sixers are our indicator of how real our position in the standings before the playoffs is and if we can't knock them out in 5 games, then we might as well end any conversation.

Embiid is still not 100% ready and while he is making jumpshots and drawing a lot of fouls i think the Sixers need more from him to compete against our big guys. Yes, he put up great numbers against the Heat who were playing with a hobbled Butler for three quarters. Hell, we might face a bigger threat from Batum. The only thing that really worries me is the health of our core. Bogdanovic finally got comfortable with his role but the latest on his wrist had me a little concerned. However, from what i read is not on his shooting hand and chances are that he will not miss any post season action, let's hope that is true. So i believe that as long as our guys stay intact we won't have any problems against anyone until the conference finals.

Also, will the Bucks actually advance against the Pacers?

Rady .... We are in danger getting either team (Miami or Philly)., especially when you see these teams past postseason history having their star player.
Super Star Butler LUV beating HC Thibs, especially having Spoe/Riley/and Mourning wit.
And Super Star Embiid has always performed like a winning (injured) Horse in the First round, it's the 2nd round playoffs EmBiid can't win.
There was a reason HC Doc Rivers did not want the Bucks facing Philly or Miami in the first round?
Philly's star Embiid been a consecutive 2nd round playoff team since 2017-18
Miami's Butler/Spoe been to the FINALS twice in the past 4 seasons.

Our 3 seed Knicks team went 1-4 in the first round, without Mitch, and coach Mike Woodson.
Our 2 seed Knicks are without Randle.

It's not that I don't have confidence in the Nova Trio in the regular season games ....
But this is the postseason.
The Knicks Frontcourt trio lineup of OG, Randle, and Hartenstein, was the # 1 winning frontcourt lineup in the EAST during the month of January.
If we had those 3 players entering the playoffs with the return of Mitch ..
Me and millions of Knicks fans would be yelling to the stars the Knicks in 4 or 5 games vs 76ers or Heats !!!