Who is the BEST shooting & rebounding guard in the NBA??

Toons

is the Bo$$
landry-fields1.jpg

landry-fields.jpg

234297.jpg

r8wn5d.jpg

sp-stanfordmens__0501003484.jpg

alg_knicks_landry_dunk.jpg

The stats don't lie -- Landry Fields is the best shooting and rebounding guard in the NBA. Not among rookies, but the entire league. He's pulling down boards at a clip of 7.2 per game, putting him just ahead of two future Hall of Famers in Dwyane Wade (6.1) and Kobe Bryant (5.8). Not only that, but he leads all guards (and rookies) in shooting, hitting on 54.9 percent of his shots. The next closest is San Antonio's Tony Parker (52. percent). With John Wall in street clothes, it's time to give Fields his due -- and the second rung on the Ladder.
-- Dec. 1, 12:05 a.m. ET

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Channing Frye 2.0

he will probley be better then Frye though, much better. But our only hope to keep him is to sign Melo in the off season.
Gallo, Chandler, Fields >>> Melo

I don't see Melo going through the entire season with Denver. They'd be morons to let that happen considering what they can get for him. Orlando are apparently trying to entice a trade to acquire either him or CP3.

p0nder

Starter
Gallo, Chandler, Fields >>> Melo

I don't see Melo going through the entire season with Denver. They'd be morons to let that happen considering what they can get for him. Orlando are apparently trying to entice a trade to acquire either him or CP3.

Wow, can you imagine how tough it would be to beat orlando with dwight and CP3 on their team? it would be insane. I hope they are unable to land either of those names.

iSaYughh

Starter
Wow, can you imagine how tough it would be to beat orlando with dwight and CP3 on their team? it would be insane. I hope they are unable to land either of those names.

It would be as potent as prime Kobe + Shaq combo. Just filthy.

I could see ORL pulling trigger on a sure thing to lock it up and move forward with sure-thing title hopes.

And itl prolly be for a SG type in this case, which they could truly use.

Rip Hamilton?
Iggy?
Mayo?

iSaYughh

Starter
Sad..... Fields might just get us Melo on this team!

Exactly. Fields is a trading chip coup. He and Chandler and a pick could likely do it.

Effectively it's Fields for Melo straight up since we wouldn't re-sign and keep Wilson as a priority regardless.

I like Fields a lot, but if secures bringing in Melo like that he will go down as a NYK legend as much or more than he ever could have if he actually stayed and WAS a Knick!

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Exactly. Fields is a trading chip coup. He and Chandler and a pick could likely do it.

Effectively it's Fields for Melo straight up since we wouldn't re-sign and keep Wilson as a priority regardless.

I like Fields a lot, but if secures bringing in Melo like that he will go down as a NYK legend as much or more than he ever could have if he actually stayed and WAS a Knick!

It's funny but they talk about NJ and Derrick Favors as being the desirable rookie ; the more palatable player to give to the Denver fans; yet Fields might be rookie of the year beating out Derrick Favors! It's funny how people can't get passed their own tunnel vision! I understand how a big man and a guard with equal talent, the big man will always be viewed as the better player but Fields is starting pull far ahead of his draft class and some veterans... But still, even when you listen to these sports shows they all are in love with Derrick Favors?!?!?!?!?

iSaYughh

Starter
It's funny but they talk about NJ and Derrick Favors as being the desirable rookie ; the more palatable player to give to the Denver fans; yet Fields might be rookie of the year beating out Derrick Favors! It's funny how people can't get passed their own tunnel vision! I understand how a big man and a guard with equal talent, the big man will always be viewed as the better player but Fields is starting pull far ahead of his draft class and some veterans... But still, even when you listen to these sports shows they all are in love with Derrick Favors?!?!?!?!?

"Potential". And emotion.

Fields has to be a top5 rookie right now, or close. And not just in terms of who you want RIGHT now, but going forward.

Smart, solid D, hustle, efficient, great rebounder, versatile, eye for the big play.

To the tune of something like 13-7-4 or so, as a career.

Reminds me of Shane Battier some.

But Favors "could" be an explosive, #1 option type guy. Or like most, a flawed inconsistent player who outs up some nice numbers but never is a truly cohesive player you want, and has baggage of expectations and pedigree.

And def not when building up a n?w championship squad like DEN.

Lawson
Fields
Chandler

Is a safe, sound, effective 1-2-3 to have when you also have tons of picks and cap and guys to trade for more like Billups.

Toons

is the Bo$$
"Potential". And emotion.

Fields has to be a top5 rookie right now, or close. And not just in terms of who you want RIGHT now, but going forward.

Smart, solid D, hustle, efficient, great rebounder, versatile, eye for the big play.

To the tune of something like 13-7-4 or so, as a career.

Reminds me of Shane Battier some.

But Favors "could" be an explosive, #1 option type guy. Or like most, a flawed inconsistent player who outs up some nice numbers but never is a truly cohesive player you want, and has baggage of expectations and pedigree.

And def not when building up a n?w championship squad like DEN.

Lawson
Fields
Chandler

Is a safe, sound, effective 1-2-3 to have when you also have tons of picks and cap and guys to trade for more like Billups.

he's 2nd in rookies. only wall ahead of him. fields is playing better than favors, who to me will turn out to be a zach randolph kind of player...he cant create for himself, and has a very low iq IMO, he get frustrated and angry so quick. we have fields, thats the young talent denver was looking for. Walsh said it earlier, denver may not see our players, but we have a real nice squad