who should the knicks pick up?

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
FearlessHero said:
KnicksFan112 said:
i agree. we shouldn't give up marbury for trash. i would only trade him for expiring contracts or a coachable star. however, i don't like the idea of putting marbury as shooting guard unless we could get a big point guard. he'll always be a liability on defending the shooting guard position.
Id trade Steph just to get rid of that horrible contract, he just isnt a winner

its arright, not everyone can know what their talkin about... ur obviously one of them

paris401

Starter
donchris said:
I'm all for Francis going but not Steph. The idea of him being traded for Griffen. NO WAY. No more trade for trash trades. You guys need to watch the games. Remember, we didn't start to fall off until Steph got injured. That's got to say something. That says alot. I've posted this a half a dozen times now. We must get Al Harrington and Rushard Lewis and a pg. That's really all we need. To fill the PF,SF, and PG. KEEP MARBURY, move him to SG. Problem solved.

when starbury got hurt, i think we had won 6 in a row, but still we had a losing record... the fall started before he got hurt, continued while he was out, and really picked up steam when he returned.

who's fault the season was, why we had such a $hitty season, and what can we do for next year is being left to better minds then mine.

i thought we had a reasonably decent team, not championship caliber, but certainly of playoff caliber. boy was i wrong...

portega1968

El Cacique
It's amazing how many of you can put one player above the whole team. SXMARBURY516. your TWolves jersey says it all... you are a Marbury fan more than a Knick fan. Chances are we won't read you again in this forum once Steph is traded.

The Knicks existed before Starbury and they will continue to exist after he's gone. I'm a Knick fan first and foremost!!!

Stephon is one cool cat but fact is he has ZERO/NIL/NADA/INVISIBLE defense. That is definitely not debatable. One of the main reasons we have lost so many games since he came to NY is that opposing guards just score more against him than what he puts up. Moving him to the 2spot will only make our defense worse.

He doesn't make teammates better and that's a fact that he's proven beyond any doubt after ten years in the league.

And yeah, he sells jerseys, etc. But what Dolan really needs to appease his investors is WINS and Stephon ain't getting those.

I'm not putting the entire blame on Steph for our poor performance since he got here, but he definitely is a big part of it. His departure is the first necessary step for us to become competitive again and that's the bottom line.

How many more losing seasons do ya'll need to accept the truth?

Wake up call!!!

alonreppinNY23

Benchwarmer
wow the only thing i can agree wit is tryin to get garnet or kenyon ..

i dunno but did u watch all the players ur asking for ...we know garnet and kenyon can play consistenly ..but like hinrich , wilcox , and some of there other random people u all tihnk might fit are not as good as most the poeple that we have on the knicks ...

just try to get kenyon or garnet and let everyone else stay ...

and i cant understand how u guys are gonna hate on marbury ...

u obvioulsy havent watched enough games in the season ...

when mabury is out we aint sh*t ...unless we have we have jamal keepin the team in rythm and playin together ...

the first couuple of games marbury was out ...we did not play like a team ...

u all just need to watch more games before u look at the record and blame it on marbury ...

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
and portega gettin back to what u said, yes im a die hard marbury fan. ive been following him since his rookie year. ive based the way i play basketball after his style. but the bottom line is before marbury was even in lincoln i was a KNICKS FAN. but for marbury to win a title with the knicks would be a cinderella story that would be told round ny 4ever. im sure it would even be told down in puerto rico. i say bring in some superstar pf and see what happens. i say this upcoming season should be auditions for the years to come.

NY TIL I DIE

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
caron butler!

The guy is a beast, and a good two way player. He was grabbing more boards in the cavs wiz series then jamison and haywood. I would love to see him starting at the 3 for us.

Is it possible to make this happen, i dont know, i think he is a free agent but he is gonna want some cash, sign and trade will be the only possibility.

Washington will probably cough up some money and keep him though, being his is a good player. Only players the Knicks actually trade for are terrible players that their former teams dont want.

portega1968

El Cacique
Minny owner Glen Taylor wants to trade for Marbury... a draft night trade of Marbury for Marko Jaric, Eddie Griffin and their pick would be acceptable to me. Jaric has the potential to be Larry's type of PG and Eddie is a monster shotblocker that can play all three spots upfront (all he needs is a valid driver's license).

That Minny pick can be used to grab Mardy Collins, Rodney Carney or Ronnie Breweror can be packaged with our other two picks and Steve Francis to grab a higher pick (maybe Portland's pick plus Zach Randolph or Atlanta's pick plus Al Harrington, any of which can net us Tyrus Thomas, LaMarcus Aldridge, Adam Morrison or Rudy Gay).

We'd still have assets left for any trades before the season starts or before the Feb2006 deadline.

I'm no Marbury hater, but I've accepted the fact it's time we move on.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
How's Marko Jaric and Eddie Griffin's contracts like? I like this trade if they have reasonable contracts. According to NBADraft.net, Minnesota has the 6th pick.

johnknicksman

Benchwarmer
i would like to see marbury go to minny and play with kg so they can win that title together and shut all u marbury haterz the hell up i feel bad for starbury everyone blames it all on him thats the problem here i hope they grant u all your wishes and get him out of here so he can kick ass with kg

johnknicksman

Benchwarmer
and marbury is a top 3 point gaurd in this league everyone says he's not a winner well the mavericks are winners arent they they win 60 games a season tell me how many titles do they have and tim duncan the ultimate winner if u send him to the bobcats how many titles will he win u see what im sayin thats overrated

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
i feel ya, either way garnett coming here or marbury going to the t-wolves means the league is in trouble. these 2 were leading their team to the post-season back in steph's rookie year. and now that they're older and their games have peaked i think the 2 of them 2gether again means playoffs for any team lucky enough to pull it off. correct me if im wrong but back in the day they compared starbury and kg to stockton and malone, and if u ever watched them 2gether then u would know it's true. if that's the case than whats with all the "starbury haterz" claimng he doesnt pass and all his assists come off of pick and rolls.

Allen

Benchwarmer
marbury is a top 3 point gaurd in this league

LOL...since when is Marbury a top 3 point guard?

Steve Nash(this year's MVP by the way), Jason Kidd, Chauncey Billups, Tony Parker, Sam Cassel, and Dwayne Wade are so far ahead of Marbury its not even funny. The names mentioned are elite point guards and to think that Marbury is in their class is laughable.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
ok not for nothing but u cant just name all the point guards of the elite teams in the nba and say they are the elite point guards. i agree the best all around is steve nash. jason kidd is the best passing point guard in the league (not to mention his great rebounding). Sam Cassel or Tony Parker are NOT better than Stephon. Both players have a dominant big man who is the frachise player for their team (see Elton Brand & Tim Duncan). Dwayne Wade is NOT A POINT GUARD. The 2 points for the Heat are Jayson Williams & Gary Payton both in which Marbury is better than. And as for Chauncey Billups I think he's really picked up his game these past few years but then again look who he's got to pass the ball to. The Pistons could have had about 5-6 players make it in the all-star game.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
i wouldnt go as far as saying he's better than marbury. for his rookie year the kid was phenominal. but it was only his 1st season. ill agree with u and say he did have a much better season than steph. then again marbury wasn't really playing his style of basketball.

portega1968

El Cacique
Chris Paul is definitely a better PG than Marbury, as well as Chauncey Billups, Tony Parker and Sam Cassell. Marbury is better suited for the And 1 tour.

Out of all the options the Knicks have for next season, I'm praying we stay away from Jared Jeffries. He's a mistake-prone player and would just add to our subpar performances.

I repeat, let's use our chips (Marbury to Minny, Francis, the expiring deals of Jalen Rose and Mo Taylor, our two draft picks and rookies) and land any of the following players:

A top 3 pick (Morrison or Gay)
or a decent lower pick (Josh Boone or Richard Roby)
Paul Pierce
Rashard Lewis
Mike James
Chris Wilcox
Bonzi Wells
Reggie Evans
Marko Jaric
Eddie Griffin

A starting five of:
Mike James
Paul Pierce
Rashard Lewis
Chris Wilcox
Eddy Curry

would kick ass!!!

Even a starting five of:
Marko Jaric
Q-Rich
Al Harrington
Eddie Griffin
Eddy Curry

would be a huge upgrade from this dysfunctional roster surrounding Stephon.

If we stick with Steph, we'll just have another dissapointing season next year plus a devalued PG entering his 30's garnering the loudest jeers in MSG history. Wakeup people!!!

Allen

Benchwarmer
Sam Cassel has made Elton Brand better. He is a big piece the Clippers needed to be better.
Everytime San Antonio or Miami play the Knicks I see time and again, Tony Parker and Dwayne Wade burn Marbury on what seems like on both ends of the floor.
I believe it was 2 seasons ago before Shaq came to town, Dwayne Wade was a huge factor for how Miami was able to get into the playoffs.

Answer 2 questions as it relates to the Knicks and Marbury...

1) Who has benefited when Marbury is on the floor?
2) Is Marbury capable of leading the next incarnation of the Knicks next
season?

Allen

Benchwarmer
The player the Knicks should be keeping an eye on is Devon Harris of the Mavericks. This guy is a future all-star. He can drive into the paint, he can pass and his defense is pretty good. I would go as far as to say Harris is the pg version of Tayshaun Prince(sp?)