Why Dolan is such a damn idiot

KBlack25

Starter
What I don't like is Dolan going over the head of the President whose job it is to handle this stuff. Walsh has years of experience, he is a very good GM/President and highly regarded, and was HIRED to do this job. I just find it unsettling that Dolan went over the head of his employees, especially if the Isiah rumors are true.

iJoe

Rotation player
I think a lot of you missed the point.

Its the fact that we DIDN'T have to give up all this up for Melo. We could have still had him and all of you that are happy about this trade would have been even happier with us keeping a few more guys.

Lets make it simple;

Nets never really had a play for Melo. Melo never gave any word that he wanted to play there.
Prokohorov worked together with the Nugs to put pressure on the Knicks
Dolan caved in cause he got scared with all the pressure. All he can see is $$$ that Melo advertising can bring in. Does he care about a real championship team? No.

Knicks could and should have played chicken with the Nugs up until the point of the trade deadline. The Nugs would NEVER have let Melo go for nothing like Bron bon.

In the end, Nuggets rookie GM team beat us. Feel good now? We got played. Yes we got a great player, but we got out hustled because of our shit for brains owner.

Should you be happy we got Melo? Yes. Should you be happy about this deal? No. Unless you applaud mediocrity, you really should think about it.

how do you think we gave up alot for melo
we traded 6 players

for

well

6 players lol

and 2 of those players are better than any of the 6 we gave up

billups and melo

plus corey brewer is beyond servicable now that he wont rot in minnesotas ridiculous rebuilding plan that will continue past the point where social security runs out.

plus shelden williams started for the nuggets 80 percent of this season in place of kenyon martin, which means he will probably provide us with the same level of production as mozgofs goofy vodka drinking acne ridden game.

We gave up what we needed to give up

and I am happy we got rid of the inconsistent shooters, the stupid felton floaters , over rated assist numbers, currys fat bench relegated jersey sweat, randolphs bewildered look every game, gallinaris coat hanger in his jersey, and hoove running over the head chuck shots. this makes fields better, it makes amare better with Melo at the high post amare will have dunkathons every night or melo will have shooting clinics in his place, it makes our bench of shooters better with open all day looks, and turiaf will be turiaf, and if we sign an earl barronesque player they will prob put up mozgof numbers as well.

Just get over it

we gave up what we needed to give up

and we robbed the nuggets blind.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I think a lot of you missed the point.

Its the fact that we DIDN'T have to give up all this up for Melo. We could have still had him and all of you that are happy about this trade would have been even happier with us keeping a few more guys.

Lets make it simple;

Nets never really had a play for Melo. Melo never gave any word that he wanted to play there.
Prokohorov worked together with the Nugs to put pressure on the Knicks
Dolan caved in cause he got scared with all the pressure. All he can see is $$$ that Melo advertising can bring in. Does he care about a real championship team? No.

Knicks could and should have played chicken with the Nugs up until the point of the trade deadline. The Nugs would NEVER have let Melo go for nothing like Bron bon.

In the end, Nuggets rookie GM team beat us. Feel good now? We got played. Yes we got a great player, but we got out hustled because of our shit for brains owner.

Should you be happy we got Melo? Yes. Should you be happy about this deal? No. Unless you applaud mediocrity, you really should think about it.

Anthony had told Dolan he wanted that $65 million contract extension, and had no plans on waiting for free agency and the massive pay cut the new collective bargaining agreement would bring. That's why Denver kept pushing for more and more in this deal, and why the Knicks had to keep giving more and more.

As much as the Brooklyn-born forward burned to play for the hometown team, he wasn't about to risk his $65 million payday to do it. Anthony wanted his money, even if he had to take it from the Nuggets or the New Jersey Nets.

"The Knicks knew if they didn't get Carmelo at the trade deadline," said one source close to the negotiations, "they were never going to get him."

This wasn't the case with LeBron James, because James never said he wanted to play in New York. Anthony told everyone he wanted to spend the balance of his prime in the Garden. If the Knicks didn't make it happen, they would've lost whatever respect they had left around the league.

Too big of a risk. We have no idea if Denver folds to our demands or spites us. I can't fault Dolan for not seeing Mozgov worth the risk even if it was a 10% chance of losing Melo.

KBlack25

Starter
Too big of a risk. We have no idea if Denver folds to our demands or spites us. I can't fault Dolan for not seeing Mozgov worth the risk even if was 10% of losing Melo.

But isn't it troublesome that Dolan, an owner who has consistently been inept (even if you think he wasn't in this case) went over the head of his employees? Especially one as well regarded in his scope of employment as Walsh?

iJoe

Rotation player
how do you think we gave up alot for melo
we traded 6 players

Just get over it

we gave up what we needed to give up

and we robbed the nuggets blind.

You again miss the point.

Its not that we got a good deal. Its that we could/should have gotten a better one. The Nugs got the best possible deal they could get. They are the winners since they could have just lost Melo for nothing.

Its that we could have gotten a much better deal. Tell me you wouldn't want to keep at least Felton or Chandler in addition to Melo.

Billups is old. He's definitely not gonna be the future of the franchise. He's also not the ideal point for the system unless we fire the coach (thats another topic). Ask any team who they would want more to rebuild their team now. A young and improving Felton or an over the hill Billups.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
But isn't it troublesome that Dolan, an owner who has consistently been inept (even if you think he wasn't in this case) went over the head of his employees? Especially one as well regarded in his scope of employment as Walsh?

Sure but even a broken clock is right twice a day. They are two separate issues though:

1. Dolan going over Walsh's head. I like Walsh and love what he has done but ultimately it's Dolan's team and right to do as he feels.

2. Whether the trade was good or bad.

So yes, it sucks form the standpoint of 1 but I feel it ultimately got the player we were after therefore issue 2 is what ultimately matters.

KBlack25

Starter
Sure but even a broken clock is right twice a day. They are two separate issues though:

1. Dolan going over Walsh's head. I like Walsh and love what he has done but ultimately it's Dolan's team and right to do as he feels.

2. Whether the trade was good or bad.

So yes, it sucks form the standpoint of 1 but I feel it ultimately got the player we were after therefore issue 2 is what ultimately matters.

I agree...I just hope it's not a trend, especially if the Isiah rumors are true.

oh come ooonnnn!!! are you crying for what?? mozgov?? gallinari?? wake up they don't worth nothing...we need superstars to win!! and melo is a star!
do you really think gallinari will be an all star? i don't! he is a fag often injured..
don't forget billups! he is a great player!
next step is to fire d'antoni and hire a real coach!

ALWAYS GO KNICKS!!!:gony:

iSaYughh

Starter
You again miss the point.

Its not that we got a good deal. Its that we could/should have gotten a better one. The Nugs got the best possible deal they could get. They are the winners since they could have just lost Melo for nothing.

Its that we could have gotten a much better deal. Tell me you wouldn't want to keep at least Felton or Chandler in addition to Melo.

Billups is old. He's definitely not gonna be the future of the franchise. He's also not the ideal point for the system unless we fire the coach (thats another topic). Ask any team who they would want more to rebuild their team now. A young and improving Felton or an over the hill Billups.

This.

It is what breeds mediocrity.

Melo was a windfall.

Amazing player, amazing opportunity.

But we need many more moves to really contend.

My contention, and what if believe Joe is saying, is that this process isnt indicative that we will make the necessary moves; and quite the opposite. If there is any credence to Dolans growing ego and lust to make decisi?ns. And walsh leaving.

Its just bad business, and bodes poorly. We only got the best deal if you looked at it in a vacuum. A la Harper.

We got a 1M scratch off ticket, and managed to exchange it for 750k while going to deposit it at the bank.

Id still be ecstatic. But what are the chances im the guy who goes broke within 5yrs?

Melo only publically showed preference to ny. And dissed the Nets.

Im sure he did imply or say to Walsh he wants a 65m extensi?n. Hes negotiating to, and who wouldnt angle for every edge. Its still an unnamed source so who knows if he implied, or gave a legit ultim?tum.

If its a legit ultim?tum then Den simply demands Fields too.

We just made every player at the poker tables job as easy as possible. We won the huge pot bc we got dealt aces from the beginning.

iSaYughh

Starter
oh come ooonnnn!!! are you crying for what?? mozgov?? gallinari?? wake up they don't worth nothing...we need superstars to win!! and melo is a star!
do you really think gallinari will be an all star? i don't! he is a fag often injured..
don't forget billups! he is a great player!
next step is to fire d'antoni and hire a real coach!

ALWAYS GO KNICKS!!!:gony:

Yes. Three versatile players average age 23, 16pts+, loaded with further potential.

Yes. Worth "NOTHING".

No surprise youre so giddy to fire MDA.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
This.

It is what breeds mediocrity.

Melo was a windfall.

Amazing player, amazing opportunity.

But we need many more moves to really contend.

My contention, and what if believe Joe is saying, is that this process isnt indicative that we will make the necessary moves; and quite the opposite. If there is any credence to Dolans growing ego and lust to make decisi?ns. And walsh leaving.

Its just bad business, and bodes poorly. We only got the best deal if you looked at it in a vacuum. A la Harper.

We got a 1M scratch off ticket, and managed to exchange it for 750k while going to deposit it at the bank.

Id still be ecstatic. But what are the chances im the guy who goes broke within 5yrs?

Melo only publically showed preference to ny. And dissed the Nets.

Im sure he did imply or say to Walsh he wants a 65m extensi?n. Hes negotiating to, and who wouldnt angle for every edge. Its still an unnamed source so who knows if he implied, or gave a legit ultim?tum.

If its a legit ultim?tum then Den simply demands Fields too.

We just made every player at the poker tables job as easy as possible. We won the huge pot bc we got dealt aces from the beginning.

Listen, Melo could have stated I will go to free agency and under no circumstances will I sign with the Nets. At that point sure, you low ball Denver, dare them not to accept forcing them to lose Melo for nothing and we pick him up in FA. That obviously was not the case as Melo implied his priority was to sign an extension and NY was his preferred destination. That combined with a substantial and equally big offer from the Nets gave Denver the leverage to demand Mozgov.

To reiterate, the Nets had a deal that Denver was prepared to accept and Melo would have ultimately signed so the Knicks were forced to up their offer to one that was on par with the Nets. One could guess that Denver would have ultimately made the deal in the 11th hour without the inclusion of Mozgov but that is a big gamble on a undrafted role player.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
Once again imagine we're the Nuggets. You're telling me that you're happy? Really?

Want to know how based in reality these anti Melo trade people are? They are now comparing him to Marbury.

Another example of the planet these people live on being far from Earth? We could have apparently got Melo for Curry.

Melo would have had to stay in Denver and risk losing 15m or sign for the Nets. He'd have gone to the Nets and then we'd have these same hypocrites on here talking about how we can't close for big players.

Gallo wasn't good enough, he never will be and I love the guy but he's never going to be half the player Melo is.

Chandler is the most overrated player we had and will continue to hold back his own development and never play in a championship team.

Mozgof is an average NBA C at best

Felton was a stop gap.

We gave up picks that amount to practically nothing given the class.

What did we get? CARMELO ANTHONY. Who can't he go toe to toe with? No one. He's a superstar, he's every bit as important as LeBron is to Miami regardless of whether he can handle the ball as well or defend as well, he can rack up points just as well IF NOT BETTER.

Billups isn't a long term answer? So what? He's better than Felton and we can always trade up or not renew when the time comes.

We've given up a potential all star (if the league stays poor at SF position and a player who lives and dies by the 3 is the best the all star can do) and, well that's it really. I couldn't care less about losing Mozgof if we get another C in and we will, and that C will probably end up better.

These players weren't going to sit on the bench, they were going to get paid, overpaid and I'm glad it's not us who decided to overpay. Sure we're paying big for Melo and Amar'e, which one isn't worth it?

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Once again imagine we're the Nuggets. You're telling me that you're happy? Really?

Want to know how based in reality these anti Melo trade people are? They are now comparing him to Marbury.

Another example of the planet these people live on being far from Earth? We could have apparently got Melo for Curry.

Melo would have had to stay in Denver and risk losing 15m or sign for the Nets. He'd have gone to the Nets and then we'd have these same hypocrites on here talking about how we can't close for big players.

Gallo wasn't good enough, he never will be and I love the guy but he's never going to be half the player Melo is.

Chandler is the most overrated player we had and will continue to hold back his own development and never play in a championship team.

Mozgof is an average NBA C at best

Felton was a stop gap.

We gave up picks that amount to practically nothing given the class.

What did we get? CARMELO ANTHONY. Who can't he go toe to toe with? No one. He's a superstar, he's every bit as important as LeBron is to Miami regardless of whether he can handle the ball as well or defend as well, he can rack up points just as well IF NOT BETTER.

Billups isn't a long term answer? So what? He's better than Felton and we can always trade up or not renew when the time comes.

We've given up a potential all star (if the league stays poor at SF position and a player who lives and dies by the 3 is the best the all star can do) and, well that's it really. I couldn't care less about losing Mozgof if we get another C in and we will, and that C will probably end up better.

These players weren't going to sit on the bench, they were going to get paid, overpaid and I'm glad it's not us who decided to overpay. Sure we're paying big for Melo and Amar'e, which one isn't worth it?

Exactly,

Dolan is Dolan. F*ck him. All I care about is that this deal got done, especially considering Donnie's even been saying all day that he thought Carmelo would sign w the Nets. If thats true, and I take Donnie at his word, you can't blame him for doing what it took to get Melo.

Overall, considering we acquired him, a legitimately great player, got serviceable pieces along w Billups, who's still a really good player that I'm very excited about, most rational people should come away from the deal saying advantage Knicks. The more I look at what we gave up and what we got in return, that's how I feel.

I mean just look at the player we took from them. Melo is sooooooo friggin good. I'm starting to think people don't really understand how talented he is, similar to when we signed Amare maybe.. Even JVG said this was a good deal for the Knicks.

Sometimes you just have to go out and get the star player.

STAT1

Starter
Jim Dolan has always been a horrible judge of who to trust to run this franchise, & God knows he's been guilty of some idiotic decisions in the past, but the best move he ever made was to hire Donnie Walsh, u have to give him credit for that much. I was also shocked at the comments he made in today's press conference, the dude came off as actually semi-coherent & didn't stutter with the "Du-uhms" I think he made a good account of himself and what he said about Isiah not being involved, while it may be lip service or it might not, still HAD to be said. I think he did a great job at the press conference today, I can't believe I'm actually saying that but today is the first real time I've ever respected the man as our owner.

Please Mr. Dolan don't make me eat my words by not extending Donnie to a contract extension. The man deserves it!