Willy Hernangomez has superstar talent .. ROY

Kiyaman

Legend
Willy Hernangomez is our best athletic PF on the roster!

Watching Willy movement speed and high IQ on both ends of the court in several preseason games ..
Willy Hernangomez are the real DEAL .. A young superstar PF!
Where's all the New York Knicks HYPE for Willy Hernangomez?

Now i know why Willy got all the playingtime overseas while KP were bench and DNP on the same team.
Willy Hernangomez were the much better player between the two, Phil got the players mixed up on draft night last year, i guess Phil were informed late then bought Willy rights from Philly .. LMAO!

You may not like this ....
My observation from last year to this year preseason games, our 7.3 KP can not play either forward position vs the average NBA teams putting KP at the PF position had us lose so many easy games last season.
Watching the Boston Celtics forwards Crowder and Johnson dance around KP on both sides of the court has prove KP does not have the speed or agility to keep up with any opponent proven NBA forward.

What makes things BAD are Coach Horn does not have the power or guts to tell Phil or Dolan that KP best position in today's small ball NBA is at the center position SMH
If u measure Willy vs KP talent .. Willy gets a TEN to KP five
No! Willy is not a CENTER .. Willy is a pure natural PF .. the same about KOQ,
Quinn is a pure natural PF which the Knicks has never let Quinn play the PF position last year or in this preseason games.

It reminds me of ex-Knicks PF-David Lee when we made David Lee play the center position for 3 years straight. And we also made 5.8 PG-Nate Robinson play the SG position for 4 years straight ...as if we wanted to have 4 straight losing seasons back then SMH

Kiyaman

Legend
This POST is for the great athleticism we seen in the preseason games from Rookie Willy Hernangomez ..
A already developed strong Big-Man that has a high IQ in the paint area as a Center/PF/and SF quickness.

I apologize to all the KP fans that took my comments on KP in a negative way ...my B.Ball experience puts KP 7 foot 3 in. height at the center position at all times .. I did not like coach Scott and Rambis poor development to KP rookie season.

Today the NBA does have a lot of spacing .. being that KP can knock down 3s when we open up space for him to take his defender (center) out on the perimeter should have been a play we ran in the final seconds of a quarter. I believe KP long frame, long reach, belong in the paint learning foot-movements on offense n defense inside the paint throughout his rookie season.
Last season we did not develop KP to grab offensive-rebounds, detour-shots, put-backs, or score easy downlow the things we need to help us become a winning Knicks team, rather than 3 ball shooting.
That's why i Gave Phil Jackson a GRADE "F" for FAILURE last season .. for having not 1 but 2 poor head coaches. We did get a NEW head coach for this season for a reason.

tiger0330

Legend
This POST is for the great athleticism we seen in the preseason games from Rookie Willy Hernangomez ..
A already developed strong Big-Man that has a high IQ in the paint area as a Center/PF/and SF quickness.

I apologize to all the KP fans that took my comments on KP in a negative way ...my B.Ball experience puts KP 7 foot 3 in. height at the center position at all times .. I did not like coach Scott and Rambis poor development to KP rookie season.

Today the NBA does have a lot of spacing .. being that KP can knock down 3s when we open up space for him to take his defender (center) out on the perimeter should have been a play we ran in the final seconds of a quarter. I believe KP long frame, long reach, belong in the paint learning foot-movements on offense n defense inside the paint throughout his rookie season.
Last season we did not develop KP to grab offensive-rebounds, detour-shots, put-backs, or score easy downlow the things we need to help us become a winning Knicks team, rather than 3 ball shooting.
That's why i Gave Phil Jackson a GRADE "F" for FAILURE last season .. for having not 1 but 2 poor head coaches. We did get a NEW head coach for this season for a reason.
Willy is not a great athlete, does a lot of other things very well esp for a young player but super fast or high flyer he is not.

Embiid is eligible for ROY so he would be my top big for winning ROY and not Willy.

Kiyaman

Legend
Willy is not a great athlete, does a lot of other things very well esp for a young player but super fast or high flyer he is not.

Embiid is eligible for ROY so he would be my top big for winning ROY and not Willy.

It would be nice if Embiid health let him play 70 games this season .. Embiid, Noel, and Okafor in a rotation need a better head coach than Brent Brown.

Willy Hernangomez is HUNGRY!
Willy Hernangomez has one of the NBA Top-3 Big-Men (Noah) as a teammate to help guide his rookie season.
If Horn give Willy 26 minute playing time per game as a C/F, Willy could average 12 pts, 8 rb, 1 blk.

pat

Starter
It would be nice if Embiid health let him play 70 games this season .. Embiid, Noel, and Okafor in a rotation need a better head coach than Brent Brown.

Willy Hernangomez is HUNGRY!
Willy Hernangomez has one of the NBA Top-3 Big-Men (Noah) as a teammate to help guide his rookie season.
If Horn give Willy 26 minute playing time per game as a C/F, Willy could average 12 pts, 8 rb, 1 blk.

Oh. Like your man Demetris Nichols? Remember him Kiya? You had him pencilled in for ROY if I remember correctly.

tiger0330

Legend
Oh. Like your man Demetris Nichols? Remember him Kiya? You had him pencilled in for ROY if I remember correctly.
I guarantee Willy is better than Nichols. We all better wait until at least mid-season before making any ROY predictions.

Kiyaman

Legend

ha ha ha .. It wasnt winning the ROY but ...In 2007, Demetris Nichols perimeter shooting and talent as a big-guard were suppose to make the Knicks team.

Think Rookie Willy Hernangomez in the 2016-17 season !!!

pat

Starter
ha ha ha .. It wasnt winning the ROY but ...In 2007, Demetris Nichols perimeter shooting and talent as a big-guard were suppose to make the Knicks team.

Think Rookie Willy Hernangomez in the 2016-17 season !!!

Kiya, he is playing 12 minutes a game in the Russian league, scoring 4 points a game on atrocious shooting percentages. He isn't any good. Willy knows how to ball, but putting him ahead of an equally young 7.3 player who can shoot threes over anybody in the league is a bit of a stretch.

tiger0330

Legend
Stein of ESPN and SI have Embiid leading for ROY honors.

Noel looks like he'll be odd man out in PHI with him complaining about his minutes. We could use Noel more than our bust Noah.

Broadway

All Star
Big Willy Style is not a Superstar and will not win ROY, not even close. He is solid and could potentially be good as Steven Adams, I like his toughness and feel in the paint. He plays like a big boy

Kiyaman

Legend
Big Willy Style is not a Superstar and will not win ROY, not even close. He is solid and could potentially be good as Steven Adams, I like his toughness and feel in the paint. He plays like a big boy

Embid average 24 minute per game as a starter for the 76ers, playing in lineups with practically the same teammates each game.

Willy been averaging consistent DNP and spot-minute in different type of line-up when he do receive playing-time under our question-mark coach Horn.
Its unlikely we will see Willy in a same teammate lineup game after game .. Why?
Because Horn is a question Mark?
Rose is to injury-prone to play over 30 minute a game ..
Melo is to old to play over 30 minute a game ..
KP is to young n raw to play over 30 minute a game ..
The Knicks roster has a dynamic Trio that can control the glass n paint area to be a .600 team in the WEAK NBA. The Trio frontcourt players are Noah, Quinn, and Willy! All three big-men could play both the C/F position well, why are they not in the steady rotation with KP, Melo, Lee, Rose, Jennings, Holiday???