Wink Wink Deal With Johnson?

LJ4ptplay

Starter
JJ is a very good player, but man when are the NYK gonna have the best of the best? The last great player was Ewing and he wasnt even considered better than Hakeem. I say we wait for Melo or Durant in 2011, if they can't sign an elite guy. If we can lure Bosh on his own then we wait for 2011 when Fat Curry's contract expires and we still have the cap space we didn't use in 2010.

While you are probably right, it is very doubtful Donnie would do this. It would be better to get Melo rather than sign Joe Johnson, but who's to say Melo would sign with the Knicks? He has a player option so he would have to leave $17.5 mil behind and sign for less money. No guarantee by any stretch of the imagination.

Forget about Durant. No way he would come. He's already publically said he wants to sign an extension with OKC now and prefers small markets/towns. He has no desire to be in New York. They're building something nice over there in OKC and I wouldn't be surprised to see Lee sign with them.

I'm not sure but I don't think it's ever been done. I don't think a team has ever left $10+ mil in cap space unsigned. Teams usually use all or almost all of their cap space in free agency.

It would be a potentially huge risk to sit on cap space and hope for another year. Getting something would be better than getting nothing.

And seriously, how many New York fans would be alright with Donnie sitting and waiting another year?

iSaYughh

Starter
pg Serg
sg Johnson
sf Chandler
pf Gallo
C Bosh
6th Douglas

Where do people think we go with this team, assuming some sort of natural progression for the "developing" players?

pg Serg
sg Johnson
sf Gallo
pf Bosh
c A. Randolph
6th Chandler

Does GSW have any overpaid scrubs we could take back to make this trade really work?

Curry + Douglas for a C is my favorite trade scenario, where we can keep Chandler as a top-tier, dynamic 6th man.

The above lineup, assuming natural progression for Serg, Randolph, Chandler, Gallo, and even Bosh...is a team I'd be extremely happy with.

The problem is JJ is 29..and this team is really *MOST* primed to reach their elite status in 2-3 years...when JJ may very well be already tailing off.

It's a shame Lee has been relegated to an undersized, outofposition C this season. As a PF we'd really know what he can truly be being to the table and possibly sign him vs. Bosh and get the better deal (player?) out of it.