Rotation player
1. Blake Griffen - Clippers
2. Ricky Rubio - T-Wolves
3. Hasheem Thabeet - Thunder
4. Johnny Flynn - Kings
5. Tyreke Evans - Grizzlies
6. Jordan Hill - Grizzlies
7. Stephen Curry - Warriors

...and with the 8th pick in the 2009 NBA draft...the New York Knicks select...Jrue Holiday

BOOOOOOO!!!!!

:barf:Jrue Holiday

I'd rather take Ty Lawson. He's proven a tad short but he's poised to prove people wrong and he's got veteran and leadership skills to match his basketball IQ.

Just saying....

The Knicks have shown zero interest in him though.

Oh man, we're gonna draft Holiday, I think I wanna puke.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
The Pistons rejected the Celtics proposal of Rondo/Allen for Hamilton/Prince! I saw the report on ESPNEWS.

Pricey

Rotation player
I really don't understand the mindset of Ernie Grundfeld on this deal! That team needs size and shot blocking and he trades the #5 pick for two guards? Mike Miller was horrible last season averaging less than 9 shots a ball game and Randy Foye is still not ready for prime time. Why didn't they offer that to the Pistons for Hamilton/Prince who are been shop around the league. This is ridiculous from the Wizards point of view and I really thought Ernie was one of the best minds as a GM. Now they have the 5 and 6 slots and could easily take Evans and Curry. Or Harden and Rubio.
Man i heard they are going to try and use the 5th and 6th picks to move up the draft so they can get Rubio.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Man i heard they are going to try and use the 5th and 6th picks to move up the draft so they can get Rubio.

Yeah, they will. The T-Wolves have been targeting Rubio all week. Memphis will have the 5th and 6th picks.

I wonder who they take? They already have Mayo and Gay (no homo).

Scribbles

Rotation player
Man, the Grizzles would be doomed if they add even more guards instead of drafting Thabeet.

Come on now, when will MEM make the right decision for once....

Enough with the guards....:teeth:

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Minnesota

Minnesota is going to get two nice picks and each of them will likely be preferable to what is left at the 8th spot.

But there will still be promising prospects at 8. Any one of Griffen, Thabeet, Rubio, Harden, Evans and Curry will probably -- some certainly -- be selected within the first 7 picks. But then one of Holiday, Hill and Flynn will be available at the 8th spot even if the first five are already gone.

I also think we are likely to end up with Holiday, or perhaps Flynn, but I am beginning to wonder whether Donnie is thinking Jennings.

There are still possibilities of moving up ahead of Minnesota pre-draft or of getting contract rights to earlierr selections post draft.

Another point. I do not think Minnesota will want to sign all five first round picks. Perhaps even 18 will become available.

mafra

Legend
Any chance they want David Lee to play with Al Jefferson? Will send us one of those picks come July in a sign-n-trade?

Anyway.... HORRIBLE NEWS. Is that dweeb Kevin Mchale still there? Man.... I don't see why WAS would want to help NY build for 2010. OH WELL.

This is terrible news. We'll get garbage now (Jrue Holiday) and Danilo will prbably never be healthy.... Basically, WALSH just set this team back another decade.... NO way Lebron wants to come play with Wilson Chandler & Danilo.

OH WELL. Maybe we'll sign another Anthony Robeson. That should help us make a run at the 8th seed next year.

What a sad day.... Takes all the air out of the draft for me.

ANU

Starter
Awesome.

this is awesome.isn't it great to be a knick fan?bask in the mediocrity my brothers and sisters.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Portland is looking to trade up in the draft, to the 8-14 range. Maybe we could trade the 8th pick for Rodriguez and Fernandez?

ANU

Starter
Portland is looking to trade up in the draft, to the 8-14 range. Maybe we could trade the 8th pick for Rodriguez and Fernandez?
hell, just give us rudy; that'll make me happy again.maybe they can parlay that 8th with something else for ricky.......

StreetDreams21

I got Soul

Jeffries

Sergio
Rudy
Outlaw/Late 1st?

hm?

LOL@ Anu. Join the damn site already and become part of the dysfunctional yet still bleeding orange and pissing blue family that is knicksonline.

dave2138

Rotation player
Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
4. Johnny Flynn - Kings

You forgot James Harden. Thabeet/Harden were probably going go 3 and 5 anyway. So this trade really has no effect on the knicks. It eliminates the best chance the knicks had at moving up, but Washington said they didn't want Chandler anyway.

The knicks are still in the same position they were in..just going to wait to see which of Curry/Evans/Hill drop to #8.

I like this move a lot for Minnesota..essentially traded Foye who is a restricted FA after this year for Thabeet or Harden.

Ha look on the bright side..the knicks have the first pick in the eastern conference now.

ANU

Starter
Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
4. Johnny Flynn - Kings

You forgot James Harden. Thabeet/Harden were probably going go 3 and 5 anyway. So this trade really has no effect on the knicks. It eliminates the best chance the knicks had at moving up, but Washington said they didn't want Chandler anyway.

The knicks are still in the same position they were in..just going to wait to see which of Curry/Evans/Hill drop to #8.

I like this move a lot for Minnesota..essentially traded Foye who is a restricted FA after this year for Thabeet or Harden.

Ha look on the bright side..the knicks have the first pick in the eastern conference now.
And the west wins everything.lotto's, championships.their teams are better than the east's too.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
And the west wins everything.lotto's, championships.their teams are better than the east's too.
That's because the top end are all great teams and the remainder, even though their records would be in playoff talk in the east, have to keep sifting through the lottery. Portland and Denver were both crap a few years back.

Sign & trade Nate to Minny w/ our 8th pick player for Juwan Howard (1 year at $7m) and Rubio.

Shaunyboy23

Benchwarmer
i agree that this could be a blessing in disguise. We should try to trade Chris Wilcox and the number 8 pick to Memphis after they trade their number 2 to Minny. We should use that pick on Ty Evans, who I believe is the 2nd best player in this draft right now... and could turn out to be the best. We should also try to move David Lee and Al Harrington to Toronto for Bosh and filler, or to Phx for amare.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
WTF is everybody crying about? This trade doesn't affect us at all. So one team has the five and sixth pick instead of two different teams. You never miss what you never had right? Who gives a shit.