You Have to Deal Melo AND Amar'e, Then We Can Build Around Lin

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
If we consider Lin as a rookie, which most of us do, there are only a handful of PGs who had a substantially better rookie year than Lin.
- Chris Paul
- Derrick Rose
- Deron Williams
- Russell Westbrook
- Kyrie Irving
and maybe Rubio.

Just a reminder, Nash was a borderline SCRUB for the first 4 years of his career!

Be fair in comparison! Put stats out for all the PGs in their rookie or second year and not to be biased by personal hate!

CA7

Scoring Champ
The way LIN looked when he was thriving I would not rush to judgement to put those guys ahead of him....

I am not judging JR on one series.....his foolish tweets during the season, his tweet right after the playoffs about NY, his stupid fouls when guys are shooting 3 pointers or the 24 second clock is running out......
I did not mind his shooting since Woodson gives him the greenlight....but for him to have 0 REBOUNDS, O ASSISTS, O STEALS AND O BLOCKS SHOWS you what kind of character as a player he has....The only good thing is if he stays for 2.5 million he will be playing for a contract,,,,,

I just hated the way Woodson crucified Fields yet Smith was allowed to do no wrong......

STAT was top 7 ...he is not anymore....
and Melo maybe

wow after 1 year Melo and STAT suddenly suck and after 8 weeks Lin is phenomenal, all time great PG

I admit Lin was doing well playing in MDA's system but lets do what everyone else does and look at some negatives, Lin played mediocre teams most nights, turned the ball over too much, couldn't handle full court pressure, went one on one tooooooo much

New York is soooooooo thirsty for a homegrown star that we're over hyping this kid to the max and destroying STAT and Melo in the process, my thing is these guys have shown what they're about, they both came in heavier because they though they were going to play out of position most of the year, no one knew Tyson was coming in and once Melo and STAT dropped that weight they both picked up their games, coaching change, injuries all the mess we went through and now our 2 best players are surpassed by a guy who played for 8 weeks in the NBA

I'm just saying I've gotten sick of the blow it up, it aint working **** every off-season why not play it out, get some 2 way role players around STAT and Melo, let Lin grow before we give him unnecessary expectations

fact is if we build around him we will NEVER win a thing because HE AINT THAT GOOD, he isn't in D.Rose or CP3's class and thats a fact, he in my opinion is truly a product of a system that inflates the numbers of the primary ball handler or option

Melo is in James and Durant's class and thats a fact the difference is their teams play through them and we dont with Melo and when we do and our role players follow suit we can beat anyone, we beat Chicago like that, we beat Boston and we took Miami to the limit(regular season) playing like that

Remember I never said Lin was bad or Lin sucks but he isn't as good as people make him out to be

fender0577

Rotation player
If we consider Lin as a rookie, which most of us do, there are only a handful of PGs who had a substantially better rookie year than Lin.
- Chris Paul
- Derrick Rose
- Deron Williams
- Russell Westbrook
- Kyrie Irving
and maybe Rubio.

Just a reminder, Nash was a borderline SCRUB for the first 4 years of his career!

Be fair in comparison! Put stats out for all the PGs in their rookie or second year and not to be biased by personal hate!
You do know a year, is way longer than 8 weeks, right.

skisloper

Starter
wow after 1 year Melo and STAT suddenly suck and after 8 weeks Lin is phenomenal, all time great PG

I admit Lin was doing well playing in MDA's system but lets do what everyone else does and look at some negatives, Lin played mediocre teams most nights, turned the ball over too much, couldn't handle full court pressure, went one on one tooooooo much

New York is soooooooo thirsty for a homegrown star that we're over hyping this kid to the max and destroying STAT and Melo in the process, my thing is these guys have shown what they're about, they both came in heavier because they though they were going to play out of position most of the year, no one knew Tyson was coming in and once Melo and STAT dropped that weight they both picked up their games, coaching change, injuries all the mess we went through and now our 2 best players are surpassed by a guy who played for 8 weeks in the NBA

I'm just saying I've gotten sick of the blow it up, it aint working **** every off-season why not play it out, get some 2 way role players around STAT and Melo, let Lin grow before we give him unnecessary expectations

fact is if we build around him we will NEVER win a thing because HE AINT THAT GOOD, he isn't in D.Rose or CP3's class and thats a fact, he in my opinion is truly a product of a system that inflates the numbers of the primary ball handler or option

Melo is in James and Durant's class and thats a fact the difference is their teams play through them and we dont with Melo and when we do and our role players follow suit we can beat anyone, we beat Chicago like that, we beat Boston and we took Miami to the limit(regular season) playing like that

Remember I never said Lin was bad or Lin sucks but he isn't as good as people make him out to be

Like I said there a few PG on that list that I would put lin ahead of...
i AGREE NO REASON TO BREAK-UP THE TEAM.
If you can trade Stat i would.....JR SUCKS

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
You do know a year, is way longer than 8 weeks, right.
If you add games from Warriors, playing during garbage time, he is still better than many of the PGs listed during their rookie year, including Rondo and Nash.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but it gets old real fast when your opinion is driven by hate and/or love for one of the players.

CA7

Scoring Champ
If you add games from Warriors, playing during garbage time, he is still better than many of the PGs listed during their rookie year, including Rondo and Nash.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but it gets old real fast when your opinion is driven by hate and/or love for one of the players.

so what if Lin flops and isn't as good as you think then what the point is stop putting these unrealistic expectations on this kids back, let him grow, he isn't the type of player you build on around for championships and thats a fact, he has a lot of maturing and understand of basketball ahead of him thats the point

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
so what if Lin flops and isn't as good as you think then what the point is stop putting these unrealistic expectations on this kids back, let him grow, he isn't the type of player you build on around for championships and thats a fact, he has a lot of maturing and understand of basketball ahead of him thats the point
Totally agree! Now you are making a lot of sense. And my point was, be fair in comparing PGs.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Totally agree! Now you are making a lot of sense. And my point was, be fair in comparing PGs.

understandable thats all I was saying though, Lin has the potential to be a great PG but he isn't there yet I just hate when guys imply that he is, I dont want him flopping after this season because the media and eager fans are putting huge expectations on his head

orangeblobman

Rotation player
That's not even it, that's not even it.

You don't come out of nowhere and do what Lin did. You don't do that if you're going to come down to being some bum point.

Lin dropped numbers because he can do that. If Melo doesn't come back to this team after Linsanity streak, we're talking All-NBA for this guy because MDA and Lin was a match made in the heavens.

But Lin is the man, he's a guy that I would put above Rondo right now. And he can handle any expectations or any hate, because that's what he does, he perseveres.

fender0577

Rotation player

You don't come out of nowhere and do what Lin did. You don't do that if you're going to come down to being some bum point.

Lin dropped numbers because he can do that. If Melo doesn't come back to this team after Linsanity streak, we're talking All-NBA for this guy because MDA and Lin was a match made in the heavens.

But Lin is the man, he's a guy that I would put above Rondo right now. And he can handle any expectations or any hate, because that's what he does, he perseveres.
Cocaine is a hell of Drug.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Cocaine is a hell of Drug.
reverse-1236862899_fat_pizza_-_davo_after_cocaine.gif

Bharan

Rookie
Thanks Dan.

Bottom line: Street Ballers are a dime-a-dozen.

You got Lin. You have Fields.

Those are team ballers.

Let's put a team together for once, for G-d's sake.

Lol Fields. Lin doesn't have play off experience man. We thought Raymond Felton found the perfect fit and he dissapeared in the playoffs. Now he's struggling to come off a Bench with the Blazers last I heard.

Basically though, Lin has work to do before he becomes a quality starting PG, night in and night out. He is raw and unrefined playing like a Rookie. He needs to study more tape and get more miles on his legs so he commits less turn overs and can operate better when getting trapped (Because as we know, Miami ate him).

Fields is not a starting shooting guard on a playoff caliber team. He is a nice energy guy off the bench, and he needs to work on his 3 pointer which he lost this year so that he can create more spacing. Its way too clogged as is hindering STAT from operating efficiently (although thats no excuse).

I liked your blow it up thread but you need to remain objective and see who these players are, what they have accomplished, and if they belong in the finals as a starter. If you are not comfortable saying that, then why should we even build around them?

Case in point with the Heat. Build around the Big 3, picking up nice pieces.

Just because Mario Chalmers is there doesn't mean he is a starting quality PG. He is just getting carried by 2 of the top 50 Basketball Players in history.

Essentially, hold your horses lol.

(Not to say that Chalmers didn't come pre-Big 3, but you cray)

Paul1355

All Star
That's what you gotta do.

Look, these guys, perennial bums.

Let's build a team for once. Build it around our Point. Put some team-minded players together.

Get rid of the street ballers.

That's the word.

Lets first have a season witha legit coach not named dantoni and a pg like Lin who can actually orchestrate an offense, if that fails then maybe big trade

tripleaamin9

Benchwarmer

U lost any credibility with that statement.

I only have 2 posts on this board and i have way more credibility than you now..

With the collapse of the Magic and Boston soon to be too old to play we're a top 4 team in the east. But you're saying you want to trade all of that away to build around a point guard who hasn't proved himself in the playoffs or even a full season?

LUL..

orangeblobman

Rotation player
U lost any credibility with that statement.

Rondo has Gumby arms, that's his strongest feature. And he has a ****ty brain to go with it. Who bumps a referee? Guy came into the right place, right time. You put Lin in a time machine, plop him on Nash's Suns instead of Nash, and bang sauce, you're talking hall of fame for the kid.

Lin is a complete package, a true leader in every way, in action, in word. He is like the ocean, with the power of the ocean but the serene dignity.

I'm starting a team today, Lin is my point over Rondo, I'm not the only one on this.

You know what Rondo will do after the Boston team is done? He will do nothing, he's gonna bounce around the league like a bum.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Rondo has Gumby arms, that's his strongest feature. And he has a ****ty brain to go with it. Who bumps a referee? Guy came into the right place, right time. You put Lin in a time machine, plop him on Nash's Suns instead of Nash, and bang sauce, you're talking hall of fame for the kid.

Lin is a complete package, a true leader in every way, in action, in word. He is like the ocean, with the power of the ocean but the serene dignity.

I'm starting a team today, Lin is my point over Rondo, I'm not the only one on this.

You know what Rondo will do after the Boston team is done? He will do nothing, he's gonna bounce around the league like a bum.

that is the greatest thing ever said about anything :teeth:

you really do love Lin

Bharan

Rookie

A complete package can play defense and isn't in the highest percentile of NBA players for turning the ball over per 40 minutes.

Lin is your point over Rondo?

This is borderline trolling man. We would commit a blood ritual sacrificing Dan Gazuric if we could trade Lin for Rondo.

Well perhaps not that far but it would be a cold day in hell if any GM in the NBA values Lin over Rondo. Rondo busts up the heat regularly, where as Jeremy Lin became a third string PG on the floor against them.

Lin is my man and I hope the ceiling is high for him but you are clowning yourself if you think he is a top 5 point guard, which Rondo DEFINITELY is.

Uncle Robo

Benchwarmer
Lin is just starting out, and Rondo is at the top of his game.
Lin does bring a lot to the table, but as of today, Rondo is the better point guard.

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
In case u forgot, Rondo scored a triple double against Lin. 20 assists and career high 17 rebounds with 18 points. I think he's the best pure pg out there right now. I would take him over Lin in a heart beat.

I agree with everyone else, this thread is ridiculous.