D'antoni the NEW Marbury???

JazRedGT

Benchwarmer
The man is as stubborn as Marbury!! Too many times this season with in close games with 1 minute or less he has refused to take a timeout and instead made our guys go free lance the last shot.

He refuses to seriously work on defense.

He refuses to try and slow the game down so Melo can do his 1 on 1 magic.

He refuses to play Roger Mason ALL YEAR only for Roger to start playing and nailing 3's like its nobodys business.

He refused to play AR and now he's BUSTIN ass over there for Minny.

He refused to play Darko and now hes in Minny top 5 in the league in blocks per game.

He refused to even let Corey Brewer smell the court in the Garden and he killed us in the game against the Mavs.

He refused to play Mozgov earlier this year only to bring him out before the trade deadline and then had him stolen away from us.

D'anbury's way or no way.

Please get rid of this retard before he destroys all of our players morale and embaresses us any further.

I would also like to see him gone so I dont have to read how KnicksFanFromQueens tries to defend him like his name is Dan.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
btw....it wasn't even Coach's idea to play Mason in the first place. It was us, the fans. Remember how we started chanting Mason's name in that blowout game and Mike played him and he nailed 2 FGs? Since then, Mason's been getting time.

But to be fair, he was sucking the first half of the season.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
btw....it wasn't even Coach's idea to play Mason in the first place. It was us, the fans. Remember how we started chanting Mason's name in that blowout game and Mike played him and he nailed 2 FGs? Since then, Mason's been getting time.

Interesting way to put it lol.

SoCal KnicksFan

Benchwarmer
Can I get an AMEN...
Amen. I also agree with all of the points in the OP. Also since we all have seen in the little time AR has played for Minny, that he might actually be a player in this league, maybe its time (fingers crossed and praying) MDA will give Derrick Brown an opportunity and see what he can do.

KingofNy

Starter

It's not like he got much time to warm up beforehand. He missed like his first 15 shots but most of those shots came in garbage time or to close out a quarter. Antoni's gotta go, anyone who doesn't see that is blinded by their own stupidity.

milchshake

Benchwarmer
D'ant - new Stephon ?????? oh do you remember mr. sexual harassment Isiah ???? awkward comparison. Fak defense, love 8 players rotation and run and gun aka "if we hit many 3 pts there is a chance to win some games" system :) We were over 50% game wins team for nearly 40 mln $ ( without eddy flurry ), already we are 66 mio $ below 50 % game wins...

STAT1

Starter
Interesting comparisons being brought up here. I agree, there are times that this coach has seemingly put himself above the interests of the team & has acted like a diva:

he has played players out of pure nepotism & not because of superior basketball talent (Jared Jeffries, Jonathan Bender)

he has consistently been smug, defiant & stubborn whenever questioned about his defensive philosophy or lack thereof

he has created dramatic situations & confrontations with players in the media where there needed to be none ("I only play good rookies, not bad rookies" referring to Jordan Hill)

he has been guilty of freezing certain players out & not communicating with them whenever he's made decisions to go in a different direction which has rubbed certain players the wrong way & created dissention in the lockerroom. (Al Harrington, Larry Hughes, Nate Robinson, Stephon Marbury)

he has also been guilty of refusing to play certain players that could have been helping this team for whatever reason which has pretty much resulted in a complete waste & devalueing of trade assets (AR, Jordan Hill & Corey Brewer)

There are also positives you can point out about MDA's tenure obviously, like playing Landry Fields big minutes, pumping up David Lee & Ray Felton's value with inflated stats, not being a complete jackass on Isiah's level, getting this team back to playoff contention after 2 years of futility. At first thought you would think a comparison of this coach to Starbury is a silly comparison, but there are actually parallels that can be drawn in pointing out their diva-like tendencies.

JazRedGT

Benchwarmer
Interesting comparisons being brought up here. I agree, there are times that this coach has seemingly put himself above the interests of the team & has acted like a diva:

he has played players out of pure nepotism & not because of superior basketball talent (Jared Jeffries, Jonathan Bender)

he has consistently been smug, defiant & stubborn whenever questioned about his defensive philosophy or lack thereof

he has created dramatic situations & confrontations with players in the media where there needed to be none ("I only play good rookies, not bad rookies" referring to Jordan Hill)

he has been guilty of freezing certain players out & not communicating with them whenever he's made decisions to go in a different direction which has rubbed certain players the wrong way & created dissention in the lockerroom. (Al Harrington, Larry Hughes, Nate Robinson, Stephon Marbury)

he has also been guilty of refusing to play certain players that could have been helping this team for whatever reason which has pretty much resulted in a complete waste & devalueing of trade assets (AR, Jordan Hill & Corey Brewer)

There are also positives you can point out about MDA's tenure obviously, like playing Landry Fields big minutes, pumping up David Lee & Ray Felton's value with inflated stats, not being a complete jackass on Isiah's level, getting this team back to playoff contention after 2 years of futility. At first thought you would think a comparison of this coach to Starbury is a silly comparison, but there are actually parallels that can be drawn in pointing out their diva-like tendencies.

Thanks for the back up STAT1. :thumbsup: