Can we please trade Stoudemire?!

I'm sick and tired of this guy!

$100 million - my ass!

Horrible defender, weak rebounder, turnover-machine.

Will never win a championship, unless playing next to D.Howard.

Let's trade him in the summer, before his knees are worn out and he becomes untradeable.

I'd rather rebuild around Melo, Fields, Rautins, D. Brown and draft picks.

STAT is a fraud! All he can do for a franchise is score for 60 games, nothing else.

skisloper

Starter

$100 million - my ass!

Let's trade him in the summer, before his knees are worn out and he becomes untradeable.

STAT is a fraud! All he can do for a franchise is score for 60 games, nothing else.

You are such a sell-out.....The guy has turned the Knicks back into a real franchise.....Before the Trade he was making all the players around him better.....where is your loyalty....

The guy needs a big man instead of him being our bigman....

Hater

You are such a sell-out.....The guy has turned the Knicks back into a real franchise.....Before the Trade he was making all the players around him better.....where is your loyalty....

The guy needs a big man instead of him being our bigman....

Hater

What about the guys blaming Melo? Half the forum is hatin' on Carmelo.

Why? He's a NY native and a true franchise player. All he needs is a good kick in the pants to improve on defense and he's an MVP type player.

STAT simply can't defend and he doesn't box out, plus he's trying to dribble the ball like Skip to my Lou on offense and ends up with a turnover or charge. At 28 it's very unlikely that he'll change.

No matter who the coach is.

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer

$100 million - my ass!

LMFAO .. yeah Rautins.. All Stoudemire has done this season was have an MVP type year..

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Lack of defensive abilities and rebounding, problem with foul trouble... Amare has his weak sides, he isn't perfect, but he never gives up, he pushes this team to improve, he makes his teammates want to play better and better, when we're losing that native lazy ass is just smiling and saying "nothing happened, not my fault" and that's STAT who's saying "we haven't done anything yet" and he's fighting to get every single W.

knicksman20

Benchwarmer

$100 million - my ass!

I've been saying similar things about him as well. I wouldn't trade him but he NEEDS to be coached up. Whether the head coach does it or a big man coach. He has to improve on his defense & rebounding. He has to be the worst defensive PF in the NBA right now. He talks about what the team needs but I'd rather him man-up & take responsibility for his own poor play instead of pointing the finger at other things. He's the team leader & that comes with the territory. His game would sky-rocket if he was more focused on the defensive end.

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer

$100 million - my ass!

Wow, he single handedly turned this franchise around. and now that it's going through a tough time, you want to trade him? SMH

joegti10

Banned
Id like to add...poor runner.

Dunno if his knees are THAT bad or hes just gassed from too many minutes, the guy has a big problem getting up and down the court possession after possession.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
with all due respect guys STFU! so were struggling right now yea that doesn't mean we trade the guy who bought us back to relevancy and made this the place to play again. yes he's struggling now who cares happens to everyone. we were all practically sucking him off when he had the 9 game stretch of 30+ now all of the sudden thats forgotten? please guys relax a little and be patient with the team. stat will bounce back from his mini slump they always do. STAT is possibly the biggest strength on our roster, by trading him were downgrading so it makes no sense basketball wise. so please stop with the shock trade requests and whatever. laters and again i say this with all respect loll

now the coach is who we should trade.

At least I'm not the only one doubting Stoudemire at this point.

2-3 other members feeling similar.

That's all I wanted. To get some reactions. Of course trading him would be over the top right now, but the fact that he's turned the franchise around single handedly is a myth.

a) he had support from guys like Chandler, Felton, sometimes Gallo and even MOzgov in late January/February.

b) what turnaround? Last time I saw the standings we had a losing record...35 wins that's +3 to D'Antoni's best NYK season in 08-09 where we ended up with 32 wins.

c) Yes he was a beast on offense till the trade took place, BUT his defense and rebounding were suspicious right from the get-go. Like I said before, I'd be much happier with him scoring 5 or 6 points less pg and preventing the other team from killing us on the glass instead.

d) Don't feel personally insulted or attacked folks! I'm a NY KNick fan - not an Amar'e Stoudemire fan! Just to make that clear. I owe the guy nothing. I'm paying bucks for NBA league pass and Knick merchandise which ultimately pays his cheques. The only one owing something here is Amar'e Stoudemire. To the franchise and to the fans. It's not like he doesn't have the potential, talent-wise he could dominate like Ewing did. The point with STAT is that he wants to 'save' himself for offense, not doing the dirty work on defense and the defensive glass. That has nothing to do with potential or attitude - even a so called scrub like Samardo Samuels does it, as we've all seen. As a franchise player on a $100 million contract you cannot save yourself for offense.

Just my two cents.
And as far as loyalty goes: I appreciate the fact that you guys are supporting STAT, we'll see how loyal he is when shit (probably) hits the fan this offseason (early playoff exit, coaching staff fired, bad press all summer, Melo offended) - all possible scenarios.

btw: My initial reaction was a bit retarded, I gotta admit that. I'm a very emotional guy though and I created this thread right after watching the game on League Pass. I got a little hot under the collar because of STAT's performances in the last couple of games.

Last edited:

KingCharles34

All Star
Melo doesnt always defend but at least he knows how to and he can defend very good when he wants to

Stat is fukkin useless on defense and a soft rebounder. Hes just as soft as Chris Bosh, its F*CKIN PATHETIC

But at the same time Amares shown excellent leadership on the floor, in the locker room, on offense....and I truly believe that he wants to become a better defender, the knicks just need an assistant coach to teach him

Why the fukk can Doc Rivers put his ego aside and hire a defensive assistant coach but Danfagtoni cant?

Melo doesnt always defend but at least he knows how to and he can defend very good when he wants to

Stat is fukkin useless on defense and a soft rebounder. Hes just as soft as Chris Bosh, its F*CKIN PATHETIC

But at the same time Amares shown excellent leadership on the floor, in the locker room, on offense....and I truly believe that he wants to become a better defender, the knicks just need an assistant coach to teach him

Why the fukk can Doc Rivers put his ego aside and hire a defensive assistant coach but Danfagtoni cant?
Word son. It's a shame we got saddled with this stubborn bitch made coach. He won't change his stripes for the good of the team.. He's selfish.

besides anyone in their right mind wouldnt take amares big ass contract.

1.questionable knees
2.defensive liability
3.injury prone
4.contract

he may be a star but he aint a franchise player worth giving up cap + talent for

KingofNy

Starter
Threads like this make us Knick fans look retarded.

+1....

I was just scrolling through this thread and laughing at all the posts... Talk about overreacting to a bad stretch. You would think that Stat and Melo were scoring like <10 points a game or something... The coach is putting too much on his stars and not setting them up to succeed. That's it.

Once we get a coach that can coach a half-court offense/defense and we'll be fine. Until then, be ready for our Knicks to look like a low-budget circus on both sides of the ball and to hear dumbtoni spewing every excuse under the sun after each sub .500 team we lose to by double digits. It's not the players fault.

NewYork 21 Knicks

Benchwarmer
stat is the real franchise player... stat has won playoff games, melo has won only 1 series. Stat averaged 30 points against the spurs last year and turned our team around and since melo came around we have sucked. thats why people are blaming melo and not stat because stat is the whole reason this team is even relevant. such a stupid post

MusketeerX

Rotation player
Knicks fans are sooooo quickly to forget.... The guy had an amazing first half of the season and they were above .500 team because of him. He was a leader when we had none. What the heck dude. Show some respect. He needs to get better defensively, but he needs to be taught.