Is Mike giving Ronny a lesser role or is he just saving him for the playoffs?

Do you guys think Mike giving Ronny a lesser role or is he just saving him for the playoffs? He hasn't been playing as much and most of his minutes have gone to Shelly Will. Do you think that he will get his playing time back in the playoffs or is he in jeprady of entering the infamous D'Antoni Dog house?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Shelden's just been playing better as far as I see it.

Remember that Ronny also has an arthritic right(?) knee.

From what I can tell, Shelden is also the stronger of the 2. Height and weight are basically identical. He's also more reliable offensively.

TakMan

Rotation player
Crazy⑧s;174107 said:
Shelden's just been playing better as far as I see it.

Remember that Ronny also has an arthritic right(?) knee.

From what I can tell, Shelden is also the stronger of the 2. Height and weight are basically identical. He's also more reliable offensively.

Turiaf is still getting lot more minutes than Williams. Williams is actually posting decent figures during the limited time he's got on the court. Last night he got 2 points and 5 rebounds in under 10 minutes. Though I don't think he seemed very comfortable marking Hibbert (I don't think anyone did). Also Derrick Brown was also decent, though I think the game was too close for D'Antoni to give him more time.(one could argue that he may have been more useful during Shawne's unproductive patch) Billups was probably the most annoying player to watch during the second half. His ridiculous shot selection was only matched by his lackluster defensive display on Collison. Billups needs to start demonstrating the on court wisdom you would expect from a championship winning veteran.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Turiaf minutes has been low all season do to Mike-smallball

Mike dont know how to coach BIGMEN!
Mike has NO-Plan or Strategy on using BIGMEN!
This has been showed throughout Mike's short NBA
coaching career....Denver, Phoenix, New York.

In the last 16 games both Turiaf & Shelden shouldve been
averaging 24+ minutes of playingtime....do to the aghaust
performance we kept seeing from Amare game after game.

Sometimes it's embarrasing to read a couple of posts on this site.

Last time I've seen us play we've played very well and beaten everyone. 7 straight wins...and yet people have something to criticize and get on D'Antoni's back for the 10,000 th time.

Atm I have nothing to criticize, I'm very happy with the way we're playing and D'Antoni's coaching.

Only thing that worries me is the fact that Landry Fields has entered his rookie slump at the worst possible time. A healthy Azubuike would be ideal now. But you can't have everything right? :cool:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Mike dont know how to coach BIGMEN!
Mike has NO-Plan or Strategy on using BIGMEN!
This has been showed throughout Mike's short NBA
coaching career....Denver, Phoenix, New York.

In the last 16 games both Turiaf & Shelden shouldve been
averaging 24+ minutes of playingtime....do to the aghaust
performance we kept seeing from Amare game after game.

Amare Stoudemire is a BIG so WTF are you talking about?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
SHed.Williams get the starts and Turiaf gets the energizing C role. just the way it was meant to be Williams gives us toughness at that position and his offense is better then i expected it to be. Turiaf fits this team perfect as a emotion player who evergizes us with his play and defense.

iJoe

Rotation player
Amare Stoudemire is a BIG so WTF are you talking about?

:teeth::teeth::teeth:

Hell Dantoni got great play out of the aging Kurt Thomas in the Suns' deep playoff run. No one can say that Thomas was played for his offense. Anybody remember Boris Diaw and what happened when he left the Suns?

Dantoni hasn't proven to be a great big man coach,
BUT he hasn't had many quality bigs to work with in the first place.

If we had Dwight Howard and he didn't know how to use him? I'd be pissed. Getting all manic with Turiaf and Williams (who would probably be a 10th man or bench warmer on a championship team)? Come on...

Anthony Randolph was already quoted by multiple people as being selfish and not a team player. He just demanded minutes and wanted shots and higher numbers for himself. He can get plenty of play time in last place Minnesota, but last I checked, we were aiming for the playoffs.