People need to stop whining

Seriously.

What do you expect after going 0-3 down against our biggest rivals with a good chance to get swept (again)?

I say people have the right to moan and bitch around.

I do it myself, why? Because I'm frustrated. We were very close to go 2-0 up, just a few things that stood in our way, like injuries, bad officiating, bad luck, the inability to defend the Celtics last posession of the game, the fact we're playing the whole series without a SG and so on.

It's not the failure that drives people crazy, it's the unfulfilled promise.

What remains is the hope that we might sign 1 or 2 good players in the summer and come back stronger to get a 50 win season and third or fourth seed for the 2014 playoffs.

Until then we need to lick our wounds, of course we Knick fans always demand immediate success, but we are also the most passionate.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Ok, I jumped the gun making this thread lol.

But, it got to me a little bit with people wanting to trade Amar'e already and the series isn't even over. It doesn't matter if you think we will win the series being down three. Unfortunately injuries has been our biggest blow, maybe even more than bad plays late in the game.

Don't get me wrong, I've not been a happy camper, I'm just not ready to gear up for another big trade again. I can't imagine the posts this board would have had around in the 90s.

johnnyrose

Benchwarmer
What do you expect after going 0-3 down against our biggest rivals with a good chance to get swept (again)?

I say people have the right to moan and bitch around.

I do it myself, why? Because I'm frustrated. We were very close to go 2-0 up, just a few things that stood in our way, like injuries, bad officiating, bad luck, the inability to defend the Celtics last posession of the game, the fact we're playing the whole series without a SG and so on.

It's not the failure that drives people crazy, it's the unfulfilled promise.

What remains is the hope that we might sign 1 or 2 good players in the summer and come back stronger to get a 50 win season and third or fourth seed for the 2014 playoffs.

Until then we need to lick our wounds, of course we Knick fans always demand immediate success, but we are also the most passionate.

I agree with alot of your post..Except be the 4th seed in 2014 !!! We should be better than that. I've been a fan for more then 3 decades. If we always settle for 3rd or 4th best..Teams like Chicago, miami, etc..well always beat us, What's wrong with expecting a little more from this team for once.
The reason the knicks haven't won a title in 38 years, is because they always settle for just being okay or average.They never strive to be the best, Like lakers, celtics, chicago, spurs.It's like they were always too lazy to be the best team. I want a very good team. Not a team that never goes for HC in the playoffs every single year.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Look i can kinda side with this forum...

With everything that has happen this season I'm very proud to say I'm a Knick fan...

We came into this season hoping to land 2 major FA's which would of turned us overnight into a top 4 seed.... It didn't happen... but we landed a beast named Amar'e who has done wonders for this team. Not only the stats he puts up but the work he puts in with our young core. Amar's is an alpha male and he has shown this young roster what type of mind set we must have to be an elite team.

Are we there yet... Hell No... but it's all about the process... it takes time

Then we landed Melo and all those fans who had put their Knicks gear in a box under the bed years ago pulled that shit back out. We cared again as a city.

What I saw at the game on Friday night was beautiful. Before the game even started the Garden was ALIVE for the first time in years.

Now it would of been the perfect Cinderella story if we came in with all our new faces and put the aging Celtics 6 feet under but we all knew it was a long shot. We just wanted to be competitive and show the NBA world that "The Knicks are Back"..... and we are.

Everyone and their Momma knows that the Knicks are only a few pieces from being a dominant force. Those first 2 games were stolen from us and yeah that sucks but just to be in that position is something we can kinda be proud of.

Now did I want to win at least 1 playoff game... yes... and I still believe it can happen but as a consumer of this product I always expect improvements from year to year and we have seen them. Next year teams will really have to prepare before playing us.

Paul1355

All Star
Seriously.

you need to wake up and smell the coffee and maybe stop being a pushover. We don't deserve these embarissing loses anymore. I feel like nothing has changed since Isiah has been here. It's the same thing minus the locker room feuds. Same bad loses, bad decisions, its a laughing stock.

So i will complain as long as I see a great city that deserves a good team get beat most games because of lack of fundamentals.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
you need to wake up and smell the coffee and maybe stop being a pushover. We don't deserve these embarissing loses anymore. I feel like nothing has changed since Isiah has been here. It's the same thing minus the locker room feuds. Same bad loses, bad decisions, its a laughing stock.

So i will complain as long as I see a great city that deserves a good team get beat most games because of lack of fundamentals.
I said I jumped the gun making the thread and I'm also frustrated. This was more directed at people wanting to trade Amar'e already. It's like people don't realize what happened to Billups and Amar'e.

Paul1355

All Star
I said I jumped the gun making the thread and I'm also frustrated. This was more directed at people wanting to trade Amar'e already. It's like people don't realize what happened to Billups and Amar'e.

true my bad then...if people want to trade Amare then they have their head up their rear ends.

This guy was the only bright spot on a young inconsistent team before the Melo trade. He sacrificed his pride to bring in Melo and had his best season ever. Amare is not a center so people shouldn't over analyse his game because he needs a big man with him like David Lee and Carlos Boozer. But Amare brings intensity that only star players have and he can carry a team.

Amare is our identity and now Melo is his partner in crime.

I'm fine with that.

smokes

Huge Member
true my bad then...if people want to trade Amare then they have their head up their rear ends.

This guy was the only bright spot on a young inconsistent team before the Melo trade. He sacrificed his pride to bring in Melo and had his best season ever. Amare is not a center so people shouldn't over analyse his game because he needs a big man with him like David Lee and Carlos Boozer. But Amare brings intensity that only star players have and he can carry a team.

Amare is our identity and now Melo is his partner in crime.

I'm fine with that.

I agree. IF somehow by some miracle we could trade Stat for Howard and get CP3 hell I would love it but I don't want him traded just because he's had ups and downs.