Each Heat win shapes the future of the New York Knicks/

Blumatic

Rotation player
Each Heat win shapes the future for the New York Knicks: Do we get a new Coach who coaches defense? Do we get Chris Paul to form a big three? Do STAT and Melo realize that they they will be measure by the Heat for the rest of their careers and will they step it up on both side of the floor? Or will Miami dominate New York like Chicago did in the 90s? Time will tell. Watch closely Donnie.

I remember after the Bulls won game 1 someone made a thread saying that getting a super team won't win us a championship. I bet now they changed their mind, and i hope Donnie is watching how good Miami is playing right now.

Blumatic

Rotation player
I remember after the Bulls won game 1 someone made a thread saying that getting a super team won't win us a championship. I bet now they changed their mind, and i hope Donnie is watching how good Miami is playing right now.

Im gonna be honest with you. You and me were on the same boat in the Celtic Heat series in wanting Miami to lose b/c it might spell doom for us. But Their winning will probably help us. Miami is everything we want the Knicks to be. Great players, defensive coaching, grind it out old school play.

If they win, how can Donnie or even D'antoni for that matter not see that coaching philosophy needs to change. And getting a great pg here would be with STAT and Melo would be the Heat Killer.

KBlack25

Starter
Miami's winning helps us - everyone (D12, CP3, any big time star with the possibility to relocate) will realize that the only way to win a title this decade is to be on a superstar team...

The Knicks already have 2, which puts us ahead of the game. I can def. see D12 or someone pulling a "Carmelo" and refusing to sign an extension until he is traded where he wants to go...

Each Heat win shapes the future for the New York Knicks: Do we get a new Coach who coaches defense? Do we get Chris Paul to form a big three? Do STAT and Melo realize that they they will be measure by the Heat for the rest of their careers and will they step it up on both side of the floor? Or will Miami dominate New York like Chicago did in the 90s? Time will tell. Watch closely Donnie.

To be honest, The chicago bulls of that era, and the New york knicks of that era, would squash both the miami heat and the knicks of this era.

it was a completely different animal, no one on the heat is at the level micheal jordan was at, he would of literally demolished this bulls team single handedly, as if bogans would stop him, It wouldnt take an over time victory and close games to defeat either one of these teams, and on the other hand The knicks defense was light years ahead of both of these teams.

My point is you cant compare, the heat to the bulls doing to the knicks what they did in the 90s, If the knicks add a Shot blocking center, and a back up PG, we potentially will have a more overall rounded out team than both of these teams.

no one in the playoffs right now is putting

Billups
(insert knock down shooter )
Melo
Stat
(insert shotblocking center )

on the floor

I think you are underestimating how amazing we can be

but there are two factors

1) Donnie needs to add ( insert player here )

2) Mike Dantoni needs to be fired ( insert defensive minded coach here )

are we that blinded by the fact the Heat havent been tested because all 3 teams they played were either too young and untalented to compete, too old and worn out to keep up , or too offensively one dimensional to close out games ?

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
are we that blinded by the fact the Heat havent been tested because all 3 teams they played were either too young and untalented to compete, too old and worn out to keep up , or too offensively one dimensional to close out games ?

... and that's the truth.

If we can find that balance on this team then I believe the NBA will be a two headed dragon facing east... and we have the advantage with starting to build a roster in response.

I really wish we could keep Mike D'antoni....

... as an assistant coach.

Red

TYPE-A
Im gonna be honest with you. You and me were on the same boat in the Celtic Heat series in wanting Miami to lose b/c it might spell doom for us. But Their winning will probably help us. Miami is everything we want the Knicks to be. Great players, defensive coaching, grind it out old school play.

If they win, how can Donnie or even D'antoni for that matter not see that coaching philosophy needs to change. And getting a great pg here would be with STAT and Melo would be the Heat Killer.

Riiiight... because D. Rose aka the league MVP is making that much of a difference :thumbsup:

Every time I hear someone suggest a PG (I.e. CP3) is our answer to being competitive, I will respond by stating:

You're:

1. Brainwashed- by D'Antoni
2. Wrong
3. Willing to sacrifice real championship success for highlights and ticket sales- By acquiring "Star" PG we will sacrifice depth ad quality size in the middle.

Right train, wrong track.

BTW Boozer and Noah while servicable Do NOT qualify as quality size. Maybe Noah (who can't shoot), but not Boozer on a Max contract unable to consistenty crack 20pts per, and plays defense in quick sand with lead feet.

To be honest, The chicago bulls of that era, and the New york knicks of that era, would squash both the miami heat and the knicks of this era.

it was a completely different animal, no one on the heat is at the level micheal jordan was at, he would of literally demolished this bulls team single handedly, as if bogans would stop him, It wouldnt take an over time victory and close games to defeat either one of these teams, and on the other hand The knicks defense was light years ahead of both of these teams.

My point is you cant compare, the heat to the bulls doing to the knicks what they did in the 90s, If the knicks add a Shot blocking center, and a back up PG, we potentially will have a more overall rounded out team than both of these teams.

Billups
Melo
Stat

on the floor

Well we can only speculate. In fairness, you can only play the teams in front of you, and I didn't see many all-star SG's across from Jordan in his day.

I do agree though, Stat & Melo and CB have the pedigree that those teams don't - they don't back down, in fact they rise to the challenge.

All Mike will do is subvert their talents.

Blumatic

Rotation player

Billups
Melo
Stat

on the floor

All of you forget one thing.........This is the worst Miami will look in the next couple of years. They will only get better. They will add better pieces. This is stage one for Miami. Look at our stage 1.

The Bulls are a better regular season team than Miami. They have a pg, center, power forward, small forward a great bench. But they are down 3 to 1. You can only put 5 players on the floor at the same time. Who ever has the better five wins in the playoffs.

All of you forget one thing.........This is the worst Miami will look in the next couple of years. They will only get better. They will add better pieces. This is stage one for Miami. Look at our stage 1.

The Bulls are a better regular season team than Miami. They have a pg, center, power forward, small forward a great bench. But they are down 3 to 1. You can only put 5 players on the floor at the same time. Who ever has the better five wins in the playoffs.

how are tehy going to get better when their entire roster due to limited cap space and a new CBA will have to be gutted year in and year out ?

realistically this might be the best they will look for years to come.

Wade was injured all year long, they lose like 7 players off the bench going into next year, with an aging bibby, aging haslem, aging dampier, aging big Z and aging Mike Miller, Bosh is injury prone as well, and the over work lebron gets he is an injury away from being on the decline being that he is already on the latter side of his 20s.

the point im making is the knicks have more flexibility financially, they have a 26 year old in Melo that outplays lebron every time they face eachother
14 mil off the books with billups, and a 2nd option in amare who avg 25 a gm last year.

we have more youth, and we have a better lure for free agents, no one wants to be 4th fiddle in miami, in fact the heat cant afford a 4th fiddle, by 2013 their salaries will be almost the equal of the current hard cap just the 3 of them, leaving them unable to add any quailty pieces until they either trade bosh or their contracts run out.

Read my post called

"the science of donnie walsh"

its a good read and explains that in depth.

Wargames

Starter

I still think depth and defense is the key. If they beat the mavs then I may change my opinion though even if the heat win that it would be there defense that does it.

Blumatic

Rotation player
It took a long time for Dallas to build that depth. Chicago is deep but no real sixth man. Taj Gibson has been a no show. The bench can play but they cant win for you.

Oh and a pg like CP3 would kill the heat. Thats with STAT and Melo on the team.

and here's the main reason I want him here: This is not a highlight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paGS1FUl02I

You have to love that.....he has that pedigree I think thats missing from this team. I love Billups but CP3 is that guy....its his mentality, his focus, extremely competitive. He wants to rip peoples hearts out.

If he comes here, this will be his team. Ofcourse it will require gm savvy to get it done.

Last edited: