Chauncey B scores 23 as Clippers

miked1958

Rotation player
Rout lakers 114-95 yesterday. Chris Paul Had a monster night as well with 17points, 9assists and 7 rebounds.

I'm sure this was mentioned on here somewhere but I didn't see it. So sorry if it's a double thread.

Looks like it would have been nice to have found a way to keep C.B. and we will miss his leadership for sure. However I realize we dont get Chandler without letting him go.

Hopefully in the long run our guys we have blossom into what we need to get to next level.
We gave up alot to get Melo and chandler.

Heres hoping we start seeing the dividends of those Moves this season with a deep playoff run and possible title....

pakopako

Benchwarmer
Wow. I'm still not caught up with all the trades yet, but LA just got their rivalry.

The Clippers are dynamite this year with CP3 and Billups running the show. The man wants to play, and he's got one hell of a group to play with. How the hell did LAC get Caron Butler?? And they even got to keep Blake Griffin and Mo Williams. Amazing.

Sage

Rotation player
Completely missed any info on this game. I'll have to make sure I watch game 2. Thanks for posting up some details.

Glad to hear Billups tore it up, would have been so great if we could have kept him and got Chandler.

Wargames

Starter
its pre-season guys, and him playing SG will be cool until its time for him to try to guard guys like ginobli and Kobe who will score 30 if no one is stopping them....

Anyhow you guys hear that Jimmer Freddette while shooting the lights out literally broke Stephen Curry's ankles!!! X-rays later showed it was a sprain but still a cool story.

:afro:

He plays SG for them,a role he's much better suited to imo.

He's not that much of a playmaker these days, no Kidd, Nash or Paul, but he can shoot, draw fouls and be a thread.

Ideal role for him, Clippers look very good, they might win the West!

mafra

Legend
I think Paul-Billups will be nasty-filthy this season. That's a nice back court right there. Just what their raw front court needs.

Paul
Billups
Blake
DeAndre

That's a formidable foursome.

But, I'll take Baron Davis & Tyson Chandler over Billups. Any day of the week.

miked1958

Rotation player
I think Paul-Billups will be nasty-filthy this season. That's a nice back court right there. Just what their raw front court needs.

Paul
Billups
Blake
DeAndre

They also just got coran butler. See 2nd poster in this thread.. They are going to finally make some noise in the West

miked1958

Rotation player
Completely missed any info on this game. I'll have to make sure I watch game 2. Thanks for posting up some details.

Glad to hear Billups tore it up, would have been so great if we could have kept him and got Chandler.
You know, there may be a good chance he signs the Aextention with this Squad

mafra

Legend
Even better.

They need some depth, but they added Reggie Evans. They have Foye & Mo Williams. Still have Bledsoe (I think). Ryan Gomes. Need to add a big for depth tho.

Ewing33Swisher

Benchwarmer

Paul
Billups
Blake
DeAndre

don't forget to add Caron butler

nixon7

Benchwarmer
So glad for Billups

It hurt me to recommend the Billups amnesty (apparently Grunwald was reading my threads LOL) because I love him.

I was a Celtic season ticket holder when he was a rookie, and I never understood why they gave him up so quickly.

I am glad that he did not have to suffer to make the Knicks great, but ended up with a key role on a great team as well (thankfully out West so if we face him it will be in the Finals).

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Even better.

They need some depth, but they added Reggie Evans. They have Foye & Mo Williams. Still have Bledsoe (I think). Ryan Gomes. Need to add a big for depth tho.

Bledsoe is still there, he's injured. Supposedly that's why they got Chauncey Billups before Chris Paul was traded there.

Their starting five is GREAT, and they have a good bench, not decent, good. They're gonna be a problem in the league.

Paul1355

All Star
Wow. I'm still not caught up with all the trades yet, but LA just got their rivalry.

The Clippers are dynamite this year with CP3 and Billups running the show. The man wants to play, and he's got one hell of a group to play with. How the hell did LAC get Caron Butler?? And they even got to keep Blake Griffin and Mo Williams. Amazing.

dont forget locking up deandre jordan for 5 years

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I just went and checked the highlights of the LAL V LAC game. My f'ing goodness!! The Clips are easily the most entertaining team to watch since Magic's Lakers were running teams off the floor with Scott, Worthy, AC Green, Jabaar, Wilkes and Magic himself.

Who's to say they won't make the WCF this year? The balance of talent there is amazing, and the bench is lead by their third best PG, Mo Williams. Jesus.

2 BIG high flyers and Chris Paul. Roger my anus.

I hate the Clippers. Can't really explain why, but I just hate them.

Never been a fan of Blake Griffin, can't stand Billups face anymore and have lost all respect and admiration for Chris Paul.

I hope they fail!

miked1958

Rotation player
Crazy⑧s;191162 said:
I just went and checked the highlights of the LAL V LAC game. My f'ing goodness!! The Clips are easily the most entertaining team to watch since Magic's Lakers were running teams off the floor with Scott, Worthy, AC Green, Jabaar, Wilkes and Magic himself.

Who's to say they won't make the WCF this year? The balance of talent there is amazing, and the bench is lead by their third best PG, Mo Williams. Jesus.

2 BIG high flyers and Chris Paul. Roger my anus.
Yep, that's what I was saying when I was watching them. And they beat em again last night. Not as bad as the first time and Kobe was out with hand injury. However it was like watching a slam dunk contest. Alleyopps and put back slams, crazy.

They are going to cause the West some real problems.....this season

miked1958

Rotation player
Also switching to the East. Watched the Bulls with Richard Hamilton and they may be the the team. Everyone talking Miami, NY but this team may outshine everyone

Kiyaman

Legend
Take this for what it is worth...

Watching the Knicks 2nd preseason game vs Nets.....Tyson Chandler gets big
props for becoming a Knicks but.....TD, Fields, and especially rookie Shump-skills
NEEED Big-Shot Chauncey Billups guidance/direction to become consistent winners.
Real Talk.....Amare & Melo co-existence really do need veteran experience
Billups decision-making on the court.

What we will get from Bibby & Davis will be decent but....it does not add up
to half of the leadership-Respect Billups receive from his roster of teammates/
coaching-staff/refferees/and every Knicks oponents.

The LA Clippers adding CP3/Butler would be considered a 2nd-round 2008
New Orleans Hornets team that had C-Tyson Chandler/PF-West/PG-CP3
with their young lineup of C-D.Andre, PF-Blake, SF-Butler, PG-CP3, and 6th
man Mo Williams, but with the addition of Championship MVP Chauncey Billups
on the Clippers roster too....it puts the Clippers organization over the hump
of being more than a 2nd-round playoff team having Billups capability to
enhance the confidence of the team to the next level realm of being top-
contenders in the NBA. Plus the Clippers being $14M under the cap, holding
onto their "Amnesty-Clause" for March 15th deadline....a trade and a signing
of the overseas players may interupt the Spurs/Lakers/and OKC expectation
of going to the FINALS.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Watching the Knicks 2nd preseason game vs Nets.....Tyson Chandler gets big
props for becoming a Knicks but.....TD, Fields, and especially rookie Shump-skills
NEEED Big-Shot Chauncey Billups guidance/direction to become consistent winners.
Real Talk.....Amare & Melo co-existence really do need veteran experience
Billups decision-making on the court.

What we will get from Bibby & Davis will be decent but....it does not add up
to half of the leadership-Respect Billups receive from his roster of teammates/
coaching-staff/refferees/and every Knicks oponents.

The LA Clippers adding CP3/Butler would be considered a 2nd-round 2008
New Orleans Hornets team that had C-Tyson Chandler/PF-West/PG-CP3
with their young lineup of C-D.Andre, PF-Blake, SF-Butler, PG-CP3, and 6th
man Mo Williams, but with the addition of Championship MVP Chauncey Billups
on the Clippers roster too....it puts the Clippers organization over the hump
of being more than a 2nd-round playoff team having Billups capability to
enhance the confidence of the team to the next level realm of being top-
contenders in the NBA. Plus the Clippers being $14M under the cap, holding
onto their "Amnesty-Clause" for March 15th deadline....a trade and a signing
of the overseas players may interupt the Spurs/Lakers/and OKC expectation
of going to the FINALS.
I highly doubt the Spurs making it to the Conference Finals, let alone Finals.