I've Said It Before and I'll Say It Again

Gms, coaches, players may change but as long as Dolan is in charge the results will stay the same.

He is an even bigger joke than even I thought now that he let Lin go.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
It's true, man. This guy is a piece of ****, no other way to say it.

Carmelo trade was a disaster, the Isiah years were a disaster, but letting Lin walk takes the cake.

This is beyond disaster and tragedy, letting Lin walk is like spitting on G-d himself.

Dolan, you just spit on everything that is sacred in this world.

You will never be forgiven for letting Lin walk.

I hope that the Nets take your food and your milkshake, you fat scumbag.

Kiyaman

Legend
You kno if we don't make the Melo trade that means no Chandler or Shumpert

Cut it out! without signing Amare we wouldve been the NJ Nets, and Melo did not want to go to the Nets.
Without the Melo-trade we had a 50-50 chance at gettin CP3 like the Clippers.

with Melo a Knicks .. we are not a ball distributin team like the ole Melo-Nuggets.

CA7.... u are the only peeps I know that thought the Melo-Nuggets were a playoff threat LMAO

Kiyaman

Legend
Indirectly .. the Knicks management actually waive Lin & Fields (two young tradeable assets with Birds Rights) the day management announced "we will let our RFA test the FA market." on June 30th.

Landry Fields agent said it best, "The Knicks did not show any indication of resigning Landry Fields.". The same could be mention about Jeremy Lin.

Lin & Fields had great chemistry to co-exist with every player on the Knicks EXCEPT ISO-Melo & Smith.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Indirectly .. the Knicks management actually waive Lin & Fields (two young tradeable assets with Birds Rights) the day management announced "we will let our RFA test the FA market." on June 30th.

Landry Fields agent said it best, "The Knicks did not show any indication of resigning Landry Fields.". The same could be mention about Jeremy Lin.

Lin & Fields had great chemistry to co-exist with every player on the Knicks EXCEPT ISO-Melo & Smith.

They let two guys walk and we got nothing in return. They chose to go with the over-payed, over-rated, over-hyped Melo-Smith tandem and they added three 40 year olds that will have limited, if any, impact on the team.

Disaster of an off-season.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Cut it out! without signing Amare we wouldve been the NJ Nets, and Melo did not want to go to the Nets.
Without the Melo-trade we had a 50-50 chance at gettin CP3 like the Clippers.

with Melo a Knicks .. we are not a ball distributin team like the ole Melo-Nuggets.

CA7.... u are the only peeps I know that thought the Melo-Nuggets were a playoff threat LMAO

Melo brought Chandler and will likely bring Paul cut the **** our team is fine

orangeblobman

Rotation player

The almighty dollar brought Chandler, don't get it twisted!

Saying Melo brought anyone here is almost as absurd as saying that Melo is the reason Lin got burn last season.

What's up with the nuthugging?

CA7

Scoring Champ
Do OBM, Kiya and Den318 have threesomes together wtf you guys are big ass haters

No Melo means we extend Wilson Chandler and have no room for Tyson. We also likely draft a center Vucevic rather than Shumpert

We also keep D'Antoni, never get Novak or Camby back while Melo CP3 and Blake likely team up in LAC

Get real Melo ain't been perfect but we got a great shot at a title

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Do OBM, Kiya and Den318 have threesomes together wtf you guys are big ass haters

No Melo means we extend Wilson Chandler and have no room for Tyson. We also likely draft a center Vucevic rather than Shumpert

We also keep D'Antoni, never get Novak or Camby back while Melo CP3 and Blake likely team up in LAC

Get real Melo ain't been perfect but we got a great shot at a title

Oh my goodness, CA7 you're telling us to get real but you think this team has a great shot at the title!

I think the get real should be directed at you my friend.

I pray that I am wrong, but I'm not. This is a team in disarray that got handled like a skinny woman in the playoffs. Then the team goes out and has probably the worst off-season anyone could have imagined: we added three 40 year olds and one fat, sloppy bastard while losing two young assets for nothing in return.

We shuffled some papers and built a nice little nostalgia squad and now the fans will have new jerseys to buy with names that make them feel like the Knicks are about something, when, in fact, they are about nothing. They're definitely not about basketball.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Look some moves are questionable but I think it works out for us as old as we have gotten we've still got some youth and athleticism

Have some faith negative Nancy

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I think the Kidd signing looked a lot better when we thought we would have Lin next season. But now, you basically have him mentoring...Raymond Felton? A guy with so much drive and work ethic that, in a contract year, ate his way out of what could have been the biggest deal of his career.

I think we're putting a lot of expectations on Kidd and it reminds me of our big hopes for Baron Davis last year. Granted, Kidd is on another level than BDiddy, but the situation is similar.

Kurt Thomas doesn't really count, I'm surprised he's still alive and flat out shocked he's still on an NBA roster.

Camby is Camby, he had a decent season last year, I guess, but I wonder why he keeps getting tossed around the league and, at 38, he might be on the last deal of his career.

We're essentially a graveyard.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Raymond Felton is a guy that, according to a post I read on this forum, said he likes playing with some extra weight because it makes him feel stronger.

The ****??

There's another thing that makes you feel stronger, Ray Ray, it's called muscle and it would probably be a better investment than just flat out ballooning on donuts.

So that's our point guard situation, less then a year after what could have been a long-term solution at the Point appeared out of the heavens for us.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Capped Out

Why does anyone believe we can get CP3? We are capped out for three more years. I do not expect that Amare' is movable given his uninsured contract and apparent decline. JR? Are we even going to be able to keep him? Melo and Chandler are assets, but they are not leaving. Shumpert is an asset. Novak -- I do not know. He is a one trick pony and he is being well compensated. We have a draft pick next year, but none in 2014, Kidd and Camby are at the end of their careers. Felton will never be more than adequate and I do not even see that.

I do not see a title over the next three years. I do not even see serious contention. We need Amare' and Melo to commit to defense and to cut down on Melo ISO plays. I expect Melo to dominate offensively, but would like to see more movement. If we do not get it going early, we are going to lose commitment.

We have effectively traded Lin for Felton. For all Lin's limitations, Felton????

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Why does anyone believe we can get CP3? We are capped out for three more years. I do not expect that Amare' is movable given his uninsured contract and apparent decline. JR? Are we even going to be able to keep him? Melo and Chandler are assets, but they are not leaving. Shumpert is an asset. Novak -- I do not know. He is a one trick pony and he is being well compensated. We have a draft pick next year, but none in 2014, Kidd and Camby are at the end of their careers. Felton will never be more than adequate and I do not even see that.

I do not see a title over the next three years. I do not even see serious contention. We need Amare' and Melo to commit to defense and to cut down on Melo ISO plays. I expect Melo to dominate offensively, but would like to see more movement. If we do not get it going early, we are going to lose commitment.

We have effectively traded Lin for Felton. For all Lin's limitations, Felton????

Felton's numbers, in the 18 games, since Mcmillan was fired:

46% FG
45% 3FG
14 pts
7.7 asts
3 TOs

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

I have to, as always, agree with OT on this one. I have to say though, OT, that giving up on Felton prior to tip off is a bit unfair. He's a competitor, and if he comes in and gets on Woody's good side, will do well/better than predictions currently stand. So I'm basically the yin to your yang on that one. :lol:

Felton's numbers, in the 18 games, since Mcmillan was fired:

46% FG
45% 3FG
14 pts
7.7 asts
3 TOs

Interesting! Thanks for posting that, AF, you are a versatile KO machine!

Much like Melo and D'Antoni. Or basically the entire Knick team after D'Antoni was given a plate of f*ck off on toast.

elcol

Rotation player

How do you expect us to get cp3.. dolans giant mistake of dropping Lin for nothing means we have virtually no trade assets

Last edited: