The Knicks are going to win it all this year

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Exceptional veterans, hungry blood, and beating all the competition. Tank? Forget that crap. These guys are ballin'. Our guards can't be stopped. The veterans and young guards doing it all - three point shooting, passing, stealing. Aldrich blocking and hook shotting. Lance Thomas taking over games in the 4th quarter, and Melo being the superstar of the league on one knee and a bad back. The Knicks are bringing the championship home this season. On to the next one.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
They played well but the best thing PJ could do is to trade Calderon and Prigs for picks. See if you can get anything for Stat and Bargs, waive them if you can't and play anyone you think will be here next year. Don't let a 3 game win streak stop you from the total rebuild you started when you traded Shump and JR. Lose more for Okafor, play like clowns for Towns.

Kiyaman

Legend
Phil / Fish tanking plan may have to switch to getting a top 7 to 15 pick because the Timberwolves raw performance are a sure thing for the Okafor pick. Plus any pick after Okafor are young tier-1 and tier-2 role-players from 2nd pick to 16th pick. So the wise teams will draft their missing pieces, rather than guess who is the best valuable player standing at their pick.

Beside big-men Okafor/Towns/and 7.0 Willie Cauley-Stein .. what other player/position in the top 15 picks should the Knicks select?
Should the Knicks get busy before February deadline to trade for a keeper using Amare or Barg ending contract?
Ball wise the only keepers for next season beside Melo are ....
1) combo Galloway
2) Hustling Amundson
3) Cole Aldrich
4) Larkins .. confidence need improvement

paris401

Starter
They played well but the best thing PJ could do is to trade Calderon and Prigs for picks. See if you can get anything for Stat and Bargs, waive them if you can't and play anyone you think will be here next year. Don't let a 3 game win streak stop you from the total rebuild you started when you traded Shump and JR. Lose more for Okafor, play like clowns for Towns.

jose is owed close to 15m over the next 2 years...so what u are suggesting is that a team send us players to equate to his salary (for next year).....and.... a pick.... and trade stat and the I'Talian for again equal salaries... why would a team take these 2 non-playing fellows???... waving them I don't believe serves any purpose/gives us any advantage as they are gone in... when's the last game this year...??

CoolClyde

I can't see Knicks going on a win streak good enough to get them out of the proverbial basement, unless some miracle of meshing happens (Galloway? Amundsen? Lancelot Link?), wait til Knicks play all the good teams before you get your panties in a bunch. other than Philly, what teams can out-tank the Knicks this season? Minnesota's going to get better with return of Rubio, KevMartin and Pekovich. maybe Lakers? I still think the tankerbockers will end up with 3rd worst record in NBA, and that should be good enough for a plethora of ping pong picks. IMHO.

tiger0330

Legend
paris401 said:
jose is owed close to 15m over the next 2 years...so what u are suggesting is that a team send us players to equate to his salary (for next year).....and.... a pick.... and trade stat and the I'Talian for again equal salaries... why would a team take these 2 non-playing fellows???... waving them I don't believe serves any purpose/gives us any advantage as they are gone in... when's the last game this year...??
Calderon can hit the 3 and the three has been an important weapon in the playoffs so some contender may want him. His salary is prorated so the team that gets him owes him ~10.5M. He's a better player than he showed in NY, just needs a better cast surrounding him.

Bargs and Stat aren't going to be here next year, waive them so they can audition for some other team and create 2 roster spots to bring in guys on 10 days to audition for next years team.

paris401

Starter
Calderon can hit the 3 and the three has been an important weapon in the playoffs so some contender may want him. His salary is prorated so the team that gets him owes him ~10.5M. He's a better player than he showed in NY, just needs a better cast surrounding him.

why would his salary be prorated for the next '2' years??.. this year I understand, but why the following years??

tiger0330

Legend
why would his salary be prorated for the next '2' years??.. this year I understand, but why the following years??
My apologies, I thought JC contract expired next year, it expires in 2017 so you're right it makes it harder to trade him. Not impossible though and I would expect PJ to try. Phil is good at giving away things for nothing, he fits the long tradition of the Knicks GM's in that respect.

Kiyaman

Legend
My apologies, I thought JC contract expired next year, it expires in 2017 so you're right it makes it harder to trade him. Not impossible though and I would expect PJ to try. Phil is good at giving away things for nothing, he fits the long tradition of the Knicks GM's in that respect.

When I found out we took a 3 year contract for $21M in Calderon, plus 3 other contracts for Tyson/Felton
Phil Jackson made an idiotic trade ....
My first thoughts were PJ was suppose to take Tyson ending contract and exchange it for Rondo ending contract.
I could live with Felton on the Knicks as long as Rondo is the Knicks starter/finisher PG