Great Article

Kiyaman

Legend
The only FALSE prophet in the Knicks organization is owner James Dolan.

In 1999. when Dolan fired GM Ernie Grunfield in the middle of the season, 65% of the Knicks decision-making moves/signings from 1999 to 2015 were made by James Dolan.

Dolan pays top $$$ to GM, coaches, and players, for past 16 years to take the blame for BOSS Dolan LOSER decision-making.

tiger0330

Legend
Did you read the NY Times article with PJ and he sticks by his triangle offense that's going to fix the Knicks. What I was interested in was the consensus opinion around the NBA is that its a quirky offense not suited for todays game and that's why no one runs it. I thought it was interesting what PJ said about Bill Fitch predicting a dozen years ago that the NBA would only be shooting 3s or shots in the paint and nothing between and Phil saying Bill was right on and that's where we are in the NBA.

Jackson is pig headed seeing his triangle experiment getting pounded every game yet refusing to switch gears. One thing I've noticed is since the 3 new guys are on board the Knicks are not running a text book triangle offense, I assume because with 3 new bodies they have not had time to practice it like they want yet they're winning, tells you something about that crap offensive system if you ask me.

jimkcchief88

All Star
The only FALSE prophet in the Knicks organization is owner James Dolan.

In 1999. when Dolan fired GM Ernie Grunfield in the middle of the season, 65% of the Knicks decision-making moves/signings from 1999 to 2015 were made by James Dolan.

Dolan pays top $$$ to GM, coaches, and players, for past 16 years to take the blame for BOSS Dolan LOSER decision-making.

Yes on this we can agree Kiya... Somewhere in the background you can hear Jerry Krause whispering:"Organizations win Championships."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoolClyde

Did you read the NY Times article with PJ and he sticks by his triangle offense that's going to fix the Knicks. What I was interested in was the consensus opinion around the NBA is that its a quirky offense not suited for todays game and that's why no one runs it. I thought it was interesting what PJ said about Bill Fitch predicting a dozen years ago that the NBA would only be shooting 3s or shots in the paint and nothing between and Phil saying Bill was right on and that's where we are in the NBA.

Jackson is pig headed seeing his triangle experiment getting pounded every game yet refusing to switch gears. One thing I've noticed is since the 3 new guys are on board the Knicks are not running a text book triangle offense, I assume because with 3 new bodies they have not had time to practice it like they want yet they're winning, tells you something about that crap offensive system if you ask me.

disagree. Langston Galloway is running the triangle at all times. Jackson is not pigheaded, he's in the process of gutting the team of unintelligent players and big contracts in order to sign and trade for intelligent players and decent-sized contracts who can utilize the triangle, yet play defense first and foremost.

the 3 new guys are intelligent players, energetic, defense-oriented, who brought a new vitality to a loser mentality and changed it around immediately. Knicks are now competing every game. not crap.

CoolClyde

I watched the game last nite against the Celtics... I thought we lost....

well, i didn't watch the game, so i can't back it up. but it looks to me, from the boxscore, that the Celtics lit up the Knicks with some great scoring. losing doesn't mean you aren't competing, esp when you have a chance at winning, but lose when the other team shoots better than you, them's just the breaks.

as the Fish recently said, having a solid defense helps you win games, win championships. Knicks ain't there yet on the defensive end, but Lou and Lantz and Langston are an improvement on the previous L's (losers).

paris401

Starter
as the Fish recently said, having a solid defense helps you win games, win championships. Knicks ain't there yet on the defensive end, but Lou and Lantz and Langston are an improvement on the previous L's (losers).

I agree we are playing better 'D' with this group...

tiger0330

Legend
I agree we are playing better 'D' with this group...
You can play good D with any system. PJ is an idiot for for keeping that triangle around, too much thinking for the average NBA player according to Jerry Krauss, the Knicks D-League players complaining it's too hard to learn, nobody among 30 teams beside the Knicks using it. Why keep a system around where you not only have to figure out whether a player is good enough athletically to make it in the NBA but you have to now figure out whether he's smart enough to play in it.

pat

Starter
Why keep a system around where you not only have to figure out whether a player is good enough athletically to make it in the NBA but you have to now figure out whether he's smart enough to play in it.

Because intelligent players win championships. And I am talking strickly BBALL iq here. See the system as a test that allows coaches, GMs etc. to see if players are smart and mentally quick enough to go all the way. If they can't even get their head around a system which frankly is not all that complicated, how can they adjust to new challenges on the spot when under pressure? We need more smart players. Look what the Spurs did last summer and name one key-player on their roster who is a knuckle head like JR!

tiger0330

Legend
Look what the Spurs did last summer and name one key-player on their roster who is a knuckle head like JR!
He's not there any more but Steven Jackson was as big or bigger knucklehead than JR. JR leaving and doing well with the Cavs is just another reason they should ditch that triangle.

pat

Starter
He's not there any more but Steven Jackson was as big or bigger knucklehead than JR.
And yet he knew where he had to be and when. Something JR did not manage. It's not the system. It is -- and always has been -- a question of us being a badly crafted team and whenever we came close to having a team where coach, system and personel fit together, Dolan got involved and messed it all up. We will never be alright with him at the helm. We need a stability and a front office that gets us the right players to go with whatever system. You can win a championship with the triangle, with SSOL, with Inside-Out, you name it. The only thing you cannot win with is not having the players who fit your game plan. Or no system at all. Iso for 48 minutes won't do.

Last edited:

CoolClyde

Because intelligent players win championships. And I am talking strickly BBALL iq here. See the system as a test that allows coaches, GMs etc. to see if players are smart and mentally quick enough to go all the way. If they can't even get their head around a system which frankly is not all that complicated, how can they adjust to new challenges on the spot when under pressure? We need more smart players. Look what the Spurs did last summer and name one key-player on their roster who is a knuckle head like JR!
this! :agreed:

Broadway

All Star
ALL CREDIT TO THAT healthy knee THO!

B9rMzoGCEAEQeIG.png:large