Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Brooklyn Nets (2015/02/07)

rady

Administrator
Staff member
header.jpg

NYK.gif
AT.png
BKN.gif

(10-39) (20-28)

VenueTVTIME
Barclays Center, Brooklyn, NYMSG7:00 PM EST

Possible starters:

lou_amundson.png
joe_johnson.png

tim_hardaway_jr.png
kevin_garnett.png

jason_smith.png
mason_plumlee.png

jose_calderon.png
alan_anderson.png

langston_galloway.png
jarrett_jack.png

Injury Report

New York Knicks
Brooklyn Nets
Amar’e Stoudemire - Sore Right Knee (OUT)Mirza Teletovic - Pulmonary embolus (OUT)
Cole Aldrich - Contused Left Shin Out (PROB)-
Andrea Bargnani - Strained Right Calf (OUT)-
Pablo Prigioni Sore Left Hip (DOUB)-

Today in Knicks history
57662077.jpg

February 7, 1992Mark Jackson dishes out 19 assists and scores 12 points to lead the Knicks to a 102-85 win over Houston at Madison Square Garden.

Kiyaman

Legend
Not so bad ....
Knicks are 5-5 in their last 10 games
Brooklyn Nets are on a 2 game win streak

50 - 50 chance on a win

Broadway

All Star
Fisher isn't playing Cleanthony nor Wear and THJR has now been regulated to coming off the bench. Does this franchise know what it means to DEVELOP players and stay with it? I have no idea what the direction of this team is.

jimkcchief88

All Star
What used to be a rivalry game is now just two BAD teams...maybe Melo and Garnett will get it cracking to make things interesting...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kiyaman

Legend
Barkley Center is sold-out .. 15 degrees outside

Stats back .. is Stat lookin for a playoff team to take his contract b4 deadline ..
it aint gonna happen ..
Stat's final contract worth $23.5
The average team would have to give up three starter players worth $8M per for Stats contract
it aint happening
New York is my Home!
NY is everybody home ...

Kiyaman

Legend
Fisher went back into tanking-mode to start the 4th qtr. .. 4 guards and Stat in the lineup
I guess Stat job is to rebound n defend the paint

tiger0330

Legend
Turned out to be a decent game but Melo 5-22 and missed the go ahead bucket in crunch time. Jack then makes a dagger 3, the Nets are 5 pts better per 100 possessions since he's been starting.

Broadway

All Star
We lost and this was great but at the same time I have no idea what we're doing and what the direction is. Melo is awful, his knee will be caressed the next week or so and he'll be begging for martyrdom type sympathy as he kickstarts "shutting it down" again.

tiger0330

Legend
We lost and this was great but at the same time I have no idea what we're doing and what the direction is. Melo is awful, his knee will be caressed the next week or so and he'll be begging for martyrdom type sympathy as he kickstarts "shutting it down" again.
Last thing I want to see is the Knicks play the part of spoilers playing against these borderline playoff teams like the Nets or the Heat but as long as Melo is in the lineup they can win some games. I hope he shuts it down after the ASG and with Bargs and perhaps Stat gone we can play those young guys you want to play. Let them play hard, if they win games so be it, we can build with them next year. More than likely though we lose without a Melo in the lineup and we can get that top 5 pick, I heard a guy say that there's a drop off after the top 5 in this years draft so its important to get into the top 5.

Broadway

All Star
Last thing I want to see is the Knicks play the part of spoilers playing against these borderline playoff teams like the Nets or the Heat but as long as Melo is in the lineup they can win some games. I hope he shuts it down after the ASG and with Bargs and perhaps Stat gone we can play those young guys you want to play. Let them play hard, if they win games so be it, we can build with them next year. More than likely though we lose without a Melo in the lineup and we can get that top 5 pick, I heard a guy say that there's a drop off after the top 5 in this years draft so its important to get into the top 5.

Yeah the talent drops but might be about 7 deep, regardless we do need to stay in the Top 5 as you said. The problem will be more teams shutting their season down and possibly tanking harder the second half of season. Melo has virtually no impact whether we lose or win, he's awful. The kids otoh may know no better and play with all heart and guts winning games preferably not to the lottery liking.

I really don't get what we're doing laying on Jason Smith, Lou Amundson, and Lance Thomas thick when we sacrificed future picks for Wear and Acy and then not playing Early is absurdity. All these guys should be getting minutes game to the next game including the recent 10 day guys but come on this flav-o-d-day prisoner of the moment.