Game Thread - New York Knicks vs Sacramento Kings - March 3, 2015

Can we make it 3 in a row? Kings are certainly a beatable team. More importantly, will we get any kind of consistent effort from guys like THJ, Galloway, and Early moving forward as we proceed through the last couple dozen games of the season. Probably going to listen to a good chunk of the game while I shovel snow, but hopefully I'll be back in front of the TV for the home stretch.

Reasons why a starting lineup of Galloway, THJ, Early, Amundson, and Bargs hasn't been as bad as you would think it would be is that all 5 guys: try to rebound, try to fight through screens, try to play help defense, try to find the open man in the flow of the ball movement, and shoot the ball when they are open. Probably still the worst starting lineup in the league, but definitely continues to overachieve.

tiger0330

Legend
I think Calderon not playing is a factor also. The Knicks defense is better with him off the floor and the scoring by the PGs has been better. If he was playing Galloway may not have made that 3 against the Pistons and Larkin those points he made in the 2 OT.
'
JC is not happy the Knicks are holding him out 2 weeks but if I were Fisher I'd find a nice way to tell him to take his time coming back.

Yikes. Seems like this game would have been better off left snowed out from late January. We're getting our brains beaten out.

tiger0330

Legend
Derrick Williams is a reminder of how the draft is a gamble. I thought he was a sure thing seeing him in the tournament playing for Arizona. He's not a bad player and he's killing the Knicks tonight but he has not been the player people projected. Just saying because the Knicks may get the number 2 pick that he got selected at.

The boys are getting killed, lets see I said they were good enough to win 5 games of the remaining games and they have won 2.

Well, we're losing 56 - 29, but ignoring that, Early just made a Stat-esque spin move around a defender in the post for a nice dunk.

tiger0330

Legend
Tanking is still the best outcome and finding out if some players like Shved are legit. Early is getting time to prove something also.

Maybe PJ, Coach Fisher, and the team wanted to make things exciting for pro-tanking fans to close out the year. Keep getting within one win of the next worst team and then lose every game by 50 points until the deficit gets extended to 2 wins again. Not surprising we're getting killed tonight, but it is surprising that the effort is so bad. Only real positive tonight is Tom Hanks as the guest on New York Minute with Jill Martin.

tiger0330

Legend
Terrible way to start the 3rd TO converted to a dunk and its a full route a couple of minutes into the 3rd. The triangle is broken tonight.

Larkin is another guy that will get a better look with JC out. I actually like him better than Calderon.

Unsure about Larkin's future with this team. PJ decided he wasn't worth locking him up for almost 2 million for next season when he had the chance early in the season. I do like his game as a back end of the guard rotation player, but I have a funny feeling these are his last 24 games as a Knick.

tiger0330

Legend
Unsure about Larkin's future with this team. PJ decided he wasn't worth locking him up for almost 2 million for next season when he had the chance early in the season. I do like his game as a back end of the guard rotation player, but I have a funny feeling these are his last 24 games as a Knick.
I think you're right Larkin will probably not be a Knick next year, its a double edged sword giving these FAs auditions, other teams can pick these guys up during the off season.