I want David Lee back on the Knicks

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Next season is his last on his current contract. Crazy how time flies.

I'd love him on the Knicks again, and I think he would too.

th3realicon

Rotation player
To do what? Couse we certainly can't afford to have him used the same as Golden state uses him. And he can't be a starter anymore.

Kiyaman

Legend
His best days are behind him. Greg Monroe would be better for all the cap space DLee would eat up.

D.Lee skills are valuable for the Knicks the next 3 to 4 seasons ...If u dont know .. Lee skills make his teammates skillz better. Plus next offseason Lee will be a cheap veteran to resign.

Greg Monroe is the Detroit Pistons project that we need to leave alone or offer $7M to $8M.
If we cant get winning Bigs FA Gasol/Aldrich/DeAndre/Green/or Milsap for max money then we shouldnt settle for 2nd n 3rd tier FA for max money.

tiger0330

Legend
D.Lee skills are valuable for the Knicks the next 3 to 4 seasons ...If u dont know .. Lee skills make his teammates skillz better. Plus next offseason Lee will be a cheap veteran to resign.

Greg Monroe is the Detroit Pistons project that we need to leave alone or offer $7M to $8M.
If we cant get winning Bigs FA Gasol/Aldrich/DeAndre/Green/or Milsap for max money then we shouldnt settle for 2nd n 3rd tier FA for max money.
2nd tier PF is what Lee is now and not worth his 15M contract that would eat into our cap space if we traded for him. I'm not a big Greg Monroe fan, esp if you have to pay him max money but I would rather pay him 15M rather than DLee.

Picking up DLee next season is another story but for this season it makes no sense unless they take Calderon.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
2nd tier PF is what Lee is now and not worth his 15M contract that would eat into our cap space if we traded for him. I'm not a big Greg Monroe fan, esp if you have to pay him max money but I would rather pay him 15M rather than DLee.

Picking up DLee next season is another story but for this season it makes no sense unless they take Calderon.
I don't think anyone would pay Lee that much.

Lee would be very valuable. In game 3 of the Finals when he was finally played decent minutes he was making the offense flow seemingly easy. Hopefully we could get him the season after next.

Paul1355

All Star
Next season is his last on his current contract. Crazy how time flies.

I'd love him on the Knicks again, and I think he would too.
Lee would be a good backup plan if we strike out in free agency to find a big man...Lee was starting on Golden state before he got hurt. He can still put up 15 ppg with 10 rebounds if he played starters minutes. He is a good triangle big man that can shoot and pass.

But I would only have him as a backup plan

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk