Kristaps Porzingis named Eastern Conference Rookie of the Month

mafra

Legend
Kristaps Porzingis has been named the Eastern Conference Rookie of the Month, the league announced on Thursday.

In 15 games in November, Porzingis averaged 14.1 points, 9.9 rebounds, and 2.1 blocks per game while averaging roughly 30 minutes per game.

Porzingis, 20, was drafted fourth overall by the Knicks in the NBA Draft this past June.

Keith Schlosser, SNY.TV Twitter | Archive

Porzingis has taken all of the NBA by storm, and this is further proof.

The big man has undoubtedly put up strong numbers, with Jahlil Okafor being the only rookie in the conference to compete with or come close to his productivity. But Porzingis has a great attitude and is level-headed about playing in the Big Apple. He embraces the bright lights, whereas Okafor has faced some off the court issues as of late.

Perhaps more important to what he does on the court, Porzingis' impact has also resulted in more wins for the Knicks thus far. He's proven to be crucial to their success. At 9-10, New York has certainly faced its share of ups and downs this season, but the rookie is a big reason why they're arguably on the right track.

Porzingis still has a lot to learn, but better decision-making will likely come as he continues to mature on the court even more. He's already proven to be a fast-learner and has shown steady growth en route to developing his game little by little. Earlier in the season, Porzingis could be found committing careless fouls, but he's been able to keep himself on the court by displaying a more rationale demeanor lately.

What he's done thus far has been very impressive, and there's likely more to come.

Www.theknicksblog.com

tiger0330

Legend
Well deserved recognition, I'm sold on him as my Sig shows. He's a strong candidate for rookie of the year. Okafor right now is the leading rookie scorer with KAT right behind him but if he can become the scoring leader by the end of the season, I think ROY is in the bag.

DrB

Benchwarmer
Well deserved recognition, I'm sold on him as my Sig shows. He's a strong candidate for rookie of the year. Okafor right now is the leading rookie scorer with KAT right behind him but if he can become the scoring leader by the end of the season, I think ROY is in the bag.
Well said tiger.

Broadway

All Star

Well deserved and he's representing well. I feel comfortable watching him, you know what you're going to get from him game-to-game.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Aspects of his game. he is beginning to remind me of Kevin McHale and Lew Alcindor/Kareem Abdul Jabbar.

tiger0330

Legend
Aspects of his game. he is beginning to remind me of Kevin McHale and Lew Alcindor/Kareem Abdul Jabbar.
More Dirk to me. But is going to be a much better defender and rebounder when it's all said and done. The one concern everyone had was he wasn't strong enough and everyone wanted him to look like Roy Hibbert below but he's plenty big enough so adding 30 pounds isn't necessary. Just get more chiseled and staying at the same weight will be good enough.

hibbertTraining.jpg

Kiyaman

Legend
More Dirk to me. But is going to be a much better defender and rebounder when it's all said and done. The one concern everyone had was he wasn't strong enough and everyone wanted him to look like Roy Hibbert below but he's plenty big enough so adding 30 pounds isn't necessary. Just get more chiseled and staying at the same weight will be good enough.

hibbertTraining.jpg

I recall Dirk's first 4 season of NO-DEFENSE in the NBA with Finley & Nash.
If Finley & Nash had a 24 minute double-double shotblocker KP, Cuban would have 2 or 3 championship trophies at his house lol

I cant wait to see KP in the Rookie vs Sophomore ALL-STAR Game .. Rookies by 25 points LOL