arron_afflalo.png
isaiah_canaan.png

jose_calderon.png
kendall_marshall.png
]

Injury Report

New York Knicks
Philadelphia 76ers
No injuries to reportNerlens Noel - Left eye corneal abrasion (DOUBT)
-Joel Embiid - Right foot injury (OUT)
-Carl Landry - Right wrist injury (OUT)

Game Preview

Kristaps Porzingis fared well against a fellow top rookie in the New York Knicks' last game and his team came away with a victory.

He'll face another high 2015 draft pick Friday night in the Philadelphia 76ers' Jahlil Okafor, who missed what would have been their first regular-season meeting due to a suspension - the result of off-court behavior that has Porzingis looking like the better pick at the moment.

The Knicks go for their third straight victory when they visit a woeful 76ers club that's dropped eight in a row overall and 10 of 11 at home on the season.

Porzingis matched up with No. 1 overall pick Karl-Anthony Towns of Minnesota on Wednesday. Though Towns had 25 points and 10 rebounds, Porzingis' 11 points, six boards and seven blocked shots helped New York (12-14) to a 107-102 victory.

"For Kristaps to block seven shots, he took away seven opportunities for the other team to score," coach Derek Fisher said. "That's more important than him making one more basket. Our guys are continuing to embrace the fact that your stat line won't make the difference every night. It's really about the Knicks winning the game."

Arron Afflalo scored a game-high 29 and Carmelo Anthony had 20 points, 15 rebounds and nine assists for the Knicks, who built a 60-40 halftime lead by outscoring the Timberwolves 33-14 in the second quarter. Six of Porzingis' blocks came in the first half.

Anthony's assist total was his highest since recording 10 against Boston on April 17, 2012.

"(Anthony) always makes things easier for us," Porzingis said. "He was rebounding the ball good, helping us bigs get the rebound. He was passing the ball well. He had nine assists. He was really doing it all on the floor and that's what we need from him."

Porzingis, who drew scorn and some ridicule from many fans and pundits when he was the Knicks' choice at fourth overall, has joined Towns as the top players out of the draft in the early going. Along with Towns, Okafor was seen as one of New York's top targets in June, but the Knicks are likely feeling fortunate that the draft broke the way it did, with Okafor being taken third by Philadelphia (1-26).

The center is averaging 17.8 points, 8.1 rebounds and 1.4 blocks, but his troubles away from the court have overshadowed that production. He was involved in a street fight in Boston on Nov. 25, which resulted in the 76ers suspending him for two games. He was also cited for speeding on a bridge in New Jersey, and other reports of troublesome behavior have surfaced.

The first game Okafor was suspended for came Dec. 2 at New York. Porzingis had team highs of 17 points, 10 rebounds and four blocks to lift the Knicks to a 99-87 victory - their sixth in the past seven meetings.

The Sixers allowed a season-high point total in a 127-106 loss at Atlanta on Wednesday. Philadelphia shot 52.0 percent from the field but allowed the Hawks to make 61.5 percent.

Isaiah Canaan scored a season-high 24 points and Okafor had 19.

"We just gave up a lot of easy looks, which has kind of been the story throughout the season," point guard Kendall Marshall said, "but it's something we can get better at."

Porzingis and Okafor have met on the court once, during a Las Vegas Summer League game July 14. Porzingis blocked Okafor's potential tying dunk with 42 seconds remaining in overtime, though Okafor scored 18 points.

The 76ers won the most recent home matchup with the Knicks 97-81 on March 20.

(nba.com)

Alright, no screwing around. Win early, win often, win big tonight. Can't fool around with this Philly team. They are absolutely stinking trash. You lose to this team and you better be tanking for the lottery, which we are not.

tiger0330

Legend
Missed a few games htr10? We certainly missed u in the game thread. AA picking up where he left off against the Wolves.

Missed a few games htr10? We certainly missed u in the game thread. AA picking up where he left off against the Wolves.

Had some things going on that kept me away from home the last week, but I tried to follow the games though. Seemed like the game threads were pretty active.

It hasn't all been pretty so far, but we are doing what you should do to a team as bad as Philly. Outclass them. Lead is 9 with 4 minutes to go in the 1st quarter.

tiger0330

Legend
PG news around the league.JLin dropped 35 last night against the Raptors, I said I wouldn't mind a repeat of Linsanity. Woj reporting the Rox are ready to move Lawson, Woj doesn't report it unless its true.

The second we stop letting Philly drive uncontested straight to the hoop is the second that this game is over. Our defense is allowing them ridiculously easy shots over and over.

Stupid lucky play for Philly to get another point blank shot for 2 points to end the quarter to get the lead down to 7. We literally need to do nothing more than stop giving them easy open layups and we will bury them.

tiger0330

Legend
kp6 hitting the rookie wall here, that's a string of bad to meh games he's had. You have to give it to these NBA scouts and coaches with how quickly they adjust to new players. They're boxing him out so he's not getting those highlight putbacks.

tiger0330

Legend
I don't know how you stop that Holmes dunk but the Knicks do that a lot allowing guys to get unmolested to the rim. Lavine did it last game, when they were coming down the court I could see before Lavine even started his move that Rubio was was going to get him a bounce pass for a wide open dunk.

tiger0330

Legend
If DFish can give DWill and Quinn consistent minutes I think we can get back to .500 and stay there. I think you have to put Grant on a short leash, he's a work in progress.

tiger0330

Legend
Nice dime to AA from Melo after that RB. Simple pass but sharing was what counted, looks like ISO Melo may be a thing of the past, thank The Lord.

tiger0330

Legend
That's impressive seeing kp6 and Lopez standing next to each other, you can see kp6 is noticeably taller.

Last edited:
Melo and Afflalo are acting as the star one-two punch that is enough to demolish a poor team like Philly. 21 point lead at the half. We need to just bury them in the 3rd quarter and end this one early. It will be very disappointing if we once again let a team make a game where we had a big lead stay competitive until late in the 4th quarter.

tiger0330

Legend
As expected a laugher. The Sixers needed to bring in Colangelo and now D'Antoni. Hinkie as I said has been terrible, 3 years in and Canaan and Marshall are ur backcourt?

tiger0330

Legend
There will be no 4th qtr comebacks tonight, 85-58 4 mins left in the 3rd. I'd start a pool to see when Fisher subs out Melo.

mafra

Legend
Once again, Fisher has this team ready to play against a team we should beat. Got scoop up those precious Ws whenever possible... We are in no position to take those teams lightly.

Melo making a run at a triple double again. 16-5-4... Affalo scoring... When these two combine for 40+ we have a shot to win.

Williams, Thomas, Quinn contributing... Even Grant had a nice cameo.

mafra

Legend
With two big games coming up in 3 days... Including CHI tomorrow night... Really important for the bench to let the starter sit the 4th... Let them rest.

tiger0330

Legend
Once again, Fisher has this team ready to play against a team we should beat. Got scoop up those precious Ws whenever possible... We are in no position to take those teams lightly.

Melo making a run at a triple double again. Affalo scoring... When these two combine for 40+ we have a shot to win.

Williams, Thomas, Quinn contributing... Even Grant had a nice cameo.
Mafra... What do you think about trading for Lawson. He wants out of Houston and Houston wants to trade him as well, they want to get those picks back that they gave up for him. A protected first and a 2nd, the 1st isn't happening but is he a fit with the Knicks?

tiger0330

Legend
Fish has that whole 2nd unit in now I doubt the 1st unit comes back unless they make a big run. 10 mins left in the game.