Payton to Suns:

tiger0330

Legend
I saw where E. Payton was signing a one year contract back with the Knicks a few days ago. But now I see that Payton is signing with the Suns to backup both Paul and Camron.

Elfrid Payton is reportedly signing with the Phoenix Suns - Posting and Toasting

What happened is there is a 4 day moratorium before a player can sign on AUG 6. Mentioned this in the other thread that they would move him after Walker said he would sign with the Knicks. I'm sure he wasn't happy with the Walker signing and he had a few days to back out of the deal after the announcement, Rose avoids having to trade him at the DEC deadline for trading a teams FA signings. Saw a write-up comparing him to guys like Eddie Curry, Jerome James and Bargnani no way he was that bad, I appreciate his contributions during his time in NY.

Last edited:
Is was Perry problem like all the other PG that he signed. Mudiay being the only one I think we should have kept.

Saw that article comparing him to those players but I think it was 'Hated'. I also have to take exception to Eddie Curry. Curry avg 19 pt and 5 reb. one season. Curry got the same problem MRob has and that is No Big Men Coach. F.O. let Curry go back to Chicago and not get him a Big Men Coach for that summer to work on rebounding and defense. He was starting but I felt he should have been moved to the second unit to just work on rebounding and defense. Zach R. was starting so the starting unit was ok. Again, the F.O. fail a player with his develop.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Phoenix Suns are signing Payton to be a backup PG, which Payton's talent/skills are very good at.
Knicks coach Thibs disappointed me big time, when he took Payton out of the starter lineup, and out of the rotation in the Knicks final three postseason games, which resulted in the Knicks going 0-3 to end their playoff flight. I wont lie, I wanted Thibs fired after going 1-4 in the playoffs, and never using Payton & Frank's defensive skills each game to slow-down the Hawks super-star Trae Young.
I could understand now why the Timberwolves and its players didn't want to be a part of Thibs shot calling. COY Bullshuutt !!!

And the Knicks Dum-Dum GM Perry has to be clueless why the Hornets, Celtics, and OKC does not want Kemba Walker on their roster .. Maybe, because after 10 yrs in the NBA Kemba Walker's play-maker skills are that of an average NBA back-up PG (another Felton).