realgm.com's trade checker

dacash

Benchwarmer
hey folks just got thru playing around with realgm.com trade checker. my trade id are 2464491 and 2654498 its fun to see which players can be sent for whom salary wise check it out i found it fun. check out my two trades tell me what u think. our starting 5 would be
marbury, qrich, al harrington,e brand, and frye with craw our 6 th man

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
ya....the clipps are already under the cap, and we'd have to throw in an unprotected future 1st just to make it fair. But then you gotta look at how realistic is that - and it's not at all.

that other ID doesnt seem to work. maybe you can just type it out here.

just some advice - tradechecker seems like a toy to almost everyone. but if you're just using it to see what would work under the CBA, you're wasting your time and dabbling into fantasy B.S.

It's supposed to be a tool to make it easier to see how fair AND realistic trades could work without having to calculate and compare the actual salaries.

that said, personally, I think the best way to go is either:

A.) Make a big trade to pull in an experienced, dominant Big Man and keep steph.

OR

B.) Trade Steph for a young, talented player, prefereably a Big, and get cap space and picks in return. Try to assemble a young core that will only improve through the years while still be exciting now.

At this point, I'd go with B, unfortunately b/c I see no Big man that we can get (without trading Marbury) that would put us over the hump. And it's about time we started normalizing the cap.

Ted

Benchwarmer
Who are these young talented players and picks going to come from? If those crazy rumors turn into a trade Dalembert is one guy and you'd also be taking on terrible players (at this point in their careers) with expiring contracts.

If Zeke starts dumping salary and picking up expiring contracts for his best player I'll be leading the FIRE THOMAS chants because he could have cleared cap space a year and a half ago. Instead he was impatient and tried to rebuild, so if he starts dumping contracts now I think he should be fired.

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
He didn't choose to go after Marbury. It was on the table before he came along. The Dolans pressured him to pull the trigger. Of course he tried to win right away. WTF else was he gonna do. Now that he is completely in control, he's gonna do exactly what he wants - meaning give Crawford a significant role on the team and look to deal Marbury if possible. The 2 best teams in the league (Dtroit and San) are both around the cap (50 Mill). That's where we need to be. I think we can have a better, younger team and be at or around the cap by 06. That's the RIGHT way to build a team...

Ted

Benchwarmer
Good luck getting around the cap and building a team. While the old contracts are expiring you're going to have to start paying the young guys. I'm not looking at their salaries right now but they have some guys locked up for a long time already.

Jamal Crawford is probably best off as a combo guard. The guy had far too large a role on the team already. He didn't create his own shot ever and averaged 7.3 3s per game and he doesn't d up.

Ted

Benchwarmer
WTF else he could have done was tell the Dolans I am a Hall of Fame basketball player and you don't know squat. I'm running the team and I'm going to make some moves, we'll be back in three years. I got no indication that he had a knife to his throat about Marbury, even if he did he made the deal and continued to build around him. Crawford, Q, Nate, Sweets, Frye these guys all complement Marbury none of them is a star on his own.

Ted

Benchwarmer
Come to think of it Q and Crawford don't do anything but throw up wild jumpers on their own.

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
Here are the facts:

Q will be able to play to his style.

Crawford will run the point much like Jet Terry.

With Marbury, unless we can land a serious big man, we won't be winning shit. Period. The stakes are very high for quality big men this summer, and we won't be getting one. Sorry boys, Kwame doesn't count.

Every basketball commentator and analyst agrees:

Isiah needs to shake things up. No safe offseason moves. He needs to go bold and deal Marbury. For what - I don't know, simply b/c not many teams will even take Marbury in a trade. But Atlanta would. Having Harrington, Crawford, Q, and Frye is a good way to start rebuilding. I wish we could get Dalembert but it's just not happening.

Ted

Benchwarmer
There's a very good reason that commentators are not GMs. They flap their gums about this guy needs to do this and that, but when you're actually held responsible for the moves you make it's a whole different ballgame.

So far when have the Knicks ever thought about salary cap or rebuilding? Why are they suddenly going to care? I would be suprised if they do, they'll pay $200 mill for a 8 seed with some popular players and still make more money than most teams. I doubt the Dolans are suddenly going to say ok Zeke go ahead and rebuild now. Whats his name got fired for trading an over the hill Oakley for Camby, not a great precendent.

Ted

Benchwarmer
Also, I agree that you're not going to win a title or even seriously contend for one with Marbury, but with a good/great coach you can make the playoffs easily even if no further mores are made. The Knicks under Don Chaney and Herb and for the most part Lenny have done whatever they want, at least I'm hoping they didn't coach them to play that way. First it was Houston trying to post up at the three point line now it's Marbury driving to the basket every play (which if you look at Manu isn't the worst thing if it's in a system). With a good coach and a system the Knicks have the talent to be in the playoffs, as they were with less talent two years ago.

I think who the coach is will make a much bigger difference than anything short of trading Steph.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
although the sixers do not want marbury .....they may want harrington?

we can package some of the people we get from the hawks and still get dalembert........

trade all those scrubs and keep the pick if n e thing.......sixers dont have much at the sf position......besides iguadala(sp?) who can play sf but he is a sg......

dacash

Benchwarmer
boy did that go to shit quickly lol, i thought it would be fun for u guys to try out but damn u al sooooooooooo serious lol