Who will be an all-star?

thwax

Benchwarmer
Which four (4) players on our current roster have a GOOD chance of being an :) ALL-STAR :) within the next 3 years?

Here's our current roster?
PG: Marbury, Nate
SG: Q, Houston, Crawford, Penny
SF: TT, Lee, Ariza
PF: Mo, JYD, Sweets, Rose
C: Frye, J.James, Butler

My four choices are:
Marbury, Nate, Q-Rich, Ariza

Jazzyknicks33

Benchwarmer
Q-rich is going to have to be real good to be an all-star. Even in 3 years, think of all the guards that are stars in the east: lebron, d wade, iverson, vince carter, marbury, steve francis, gilbert arenas,and possibly gerald green and the kid drafted by indiana. The guard position is very strong in the nba. The only knicks guard I see making the all star team in 3 years is marbury.

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
ARIZA

The player on the Knicks with the most potential is Trevor Ariza, if he stayed another year at UCLA many people said he would have been a lottery pick in this years draft. He has trememndous athleticism and is very long, with the extra 10 lbs of muscle he added in the offseason and if he works on his shot he could deffinetly be an All Star.

Nate has a chance if he plays enough, if Marbury is on the squad in the next 3 years he won't have enough playing time to be an All star.

Starbury always has the potential to be an All Star, if he wasnt so lazy and played a little defense, with his 20 an 8 numbers he would be there every year.

Q is a solid player but he wasnt an All star with the best team in the league or with the worst team in the league so why will he be one with the Knicks. He is a great pick up though.

Channing Frye has a shot to be an All star is he plays C in the East. Who knows how long Shaq will play for and if Frye grabs boards and blocks shots, along with a decent offensive game he has a shot.

IF ANYONE THINKS ALLAN HOUSTON CAN BE AN ALL STAR WITH THE KNICKS THEY ARE CRAZY AND YOU SHOULD DISREGARD ANYTHING THEY HAVE TO SAY

portega1968

El Cacique
Shouldn't player contracts have a clause that, if they get hurt and miss half a season or more, their salaries should be adjusted accordingly? League should .set up some disability insurance that will compensate the players, its messed up that they suck up serious cap space and fan money without playing diddly squat, a la Allan Houston.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
I think Marburys all-star days are numbered, but he can still make it.. unless he puts up even better stats and the knicks start winning games, guys like Dwayne Wade, Arenas, Kidd, will get the fans vote, but if the knicks do win a bit more, and marbury stays constant he has a legit shot

I really want to see Nate in the Dunk Contest this year... what other "rising stars" can contend with this guy?? :) (ps i know there are guys like Gerald Green....rhetorical question)

thwax

Benchwarmer
If Nate gets minutes... which could be real tough, but if he does... seeing that All-Stars are determine by fan votes, i think that sometime within the next 3 years Nate will have a chance... there will be a buzz about him that would generate into votes, even though there are a lot of good guards about there... this is one of the reasons why Starbury hasn't been voted in recently... great player, great stats, but bad reputation in the league (unfortunately that is true)... look at Yao in his rookie year beating out Shaq for the starting position on the all-star team... he got the votes, had the buzz, not to mention China voting for him :)

NYK Way

Benchwarmer
Nate shouldnt be in the dunk contest even though he can dunk he wont have much nagtime at 5'9 so he wont be doing electrifing dunks that would bring the crowd to their feet.

portega1968

El Cacique
no hangtime? ja... Nate is gonna prove you wrong bro'... he has serious hops... and he wouldn't be the shortest guy to win the dunk contest... that honor belongs to spud webb... really, this kid is unbelievable.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
ooohh :) nate in the dunk contest! awesome! he should really give it a try.. webb did it.. and as far as i know mugsey bogues did it too?