New David Lee Interview

Trin_Starr

Starter
Knicks_Lee_070829.jpg

Knicks forward David Lee was at The Garden last week to catch the WNBA playoff game between the Liberty and the Detroit Shock

During the game, Lee sat down with NYKnicks.com for this exclusive interview:

Question: The first thing everyone wants to know is how you're feeling healthwise.

Lee: I'm feeling good. I've spent most of the summer rehabbing and getting back into shape. It's unfortunate I had to miss some time, but injuries are a part of the game, and I'm looking forward to starting the season out right.

Question: What do you think about the Knicks adding Zach Randolph?

Lee: I think it's going to be great for us. He's definitely tough to play against, so having him on our team is going to be a positive this year. With him and Eddy Curry, it's going to be tough for the opposition, so I am excited to get to play with him. He's going to help the team out a lot.

Question: What was it like to get to play on the U.S. Select Team that worked with Team USA over the summer?

Lee: It was really good. It was an awesome experience to get the chance to go out there against some great competition for a week. It was great to be out there with those guys, and personally, I was able to get some good scrimmages in, so it was nice to be part of something really special with Team USA.

Question: What were your thoughts on how the team performed during the NBA Summer League in Las Vegas?

Lee: I thought the rookies looked great. I thought Demetris Nichols played well, and that Wilson Chandler looked good as well. I think that Renaldo (Balkman) and Nate (Robinson) of course did well, but we knew they were going to. I think it just goes back to Isiah (Thomas) and the rest of our staff doing a great job in the last couple of drafts. Once again, our draft picks look like they're really going to help us.

Question: How did it feel to become such a fan favorite last year?

Lee: It was great. In New York, everyone always talks about how tough it can be with the crowd, but I just go out there and give it my best effort night in and night out, and I think the fans respect that.

Question: What are you working on to add to your game for the coming season?

Lee: I'm still continuing to work on my jump shot, especially that 12- to 15-footer. I'm also continuing to work on my ball-handling, but for the most part, I am planning on coming into training camp in the best shape of my life and being ready to go.

Question: Have you been able to stay in contact with a lot of the guys over the summer?

Lee: Yeah, absolutely. We had a week in August where everybody came in, and we had some scrimmages with about 12 guys. It was good to have a week where you could see everybody and play with and against one another.

Question: Finally, what can the fans expect from the Knicks in 2007-08.

Lee: It's going to be an exciting year. We've got some new pieces and some pieces that are still in place from last year, so it's going to be an exciting year. We expect to make the playoffs, and we expect to make a run this year. We're very excited, and the fans should be as well.

http://www.nba.com/knicks/news/lee_070830_interview.html

Kiyaman

Legend
I see David Lee likes the 6.8 Tandem Isiah got out of this Draft, and put Demetris Nichols player instints a bit over Wilson Chandler, like I did watching both perform. There is NO-Way I would let Nichols go overseas with that performance he gave in the Summer League. Plus he is a Knick-Fan from Syracuse who knows the Knicks need a BIG-SG that can score over small SG/SF and defend the outside peremeter which he did so good at in the SL games.

I have much Confidence in David Lee performance alongside of Balkman & Nate Robinson (They play on the Same-Page everytime the three are on the court). However, it was very easy to see that Nate did not favor passing the ball to Curry or Jefferies last season which will change this upcomming season and become one of the top improvements in the offense and defense makeup of this Knick Team.

If David Lee say the Knicks are going to make the Playoffs this season than the Knicks will make the playoffs this season.

If the Knicks can get some rebounds and Defensive stops from 6.11 Jefferies this season the Knicks may make it to the second round.