Jared Jordan, the newest Knick

metrocard

Legend
The Knicks kept tinkering with their roster two days before training camp, acquiring the draft rights to Jared Jordan on Sunday and working toward a buyout of Dan Dickau's contract.

The Knicks traded cash considerations to the Los Angeles Clippers in a deal that sends last season's NCAA assists leader back to New York. The Clippers took Jordan with the 45th pick in the NBA draft.

Jordan could compete for a backup point guard spot that will become open once the Knicks have completed their buyout of Dickau, who was acquired from Portland in the Zach Randolph trade in June. Dickau isn't expected to be in camp when it opens Tuesday in Charleston, S.C.

http://www.nba.com/clippers/news/jordan_070930.html

Good move.

Knicks saw Clippers were crowded @ PG, and they took advantage. I've heard Jordan is a good past first PG...he played against my college (Manhattan)...I'm definitely supporting him 100% as the back up PG...we need a pass first player to lead the bench.

NYKnicks15

Starter
now seriously.. this is a good move. Dan Dickau (who i also like) will be bought out and a cheap younger more pass orientated PG takes his place. Best time of his career to come in as a rookie and learn from Isiah.

Now this also makes us expandable at the PG with Nate and Marty. My personal opinion is Isiah will keep both Nate and Jared and even Marty until he finds out whats up with marbury. but its also very likeyl he did this knowing how weak Sacramento is at the PG. who knows at this point.

but going into training camp we have..

Curry/Morris/James
Randolph/Lee/Rose
Jeffries/Chandler
Crawford/Richardson/Nichols
Marbury/Robinson/Collins/Jordan

Balkman will still be injured and who knows if H20 will be on with us. very interesting training camp coming up. see how they work together and see if there is improvements or who is expandable. it should be very interestingg in the upcoming weeks

Another Gaurd? Even with Dikau being bought out that still gives us too many guards, so we've paid money for a player who may not make the team? Mardy is our pass first backup PG, I like JJ, but one we already have too many young players, two we already have too many gaurds and also he's not the best defender in the world, but he'll have his chance to make the team, I wish him luck. But with Dan D being bought out I guess we're not thinking trade before the start of the season. My only question is how soon before the James buyout?

GetRealistic

Starter
Can anybody tell me the deal with the NBDL. I was under the assumption that it was almost like a minor league. But it seems like it isn't. Because i would think a guy like Jordan could be stashed in the NBDL.

GetRealistic

Starter
Jordan is legit. Atleast from what i saw from him. He may be allittle bit of a project. But hes the ideal backup point guard. Past first little to no turnovers. I like the idea of having Mardy and Jordan as my two PG's for years to come. and before the Marbury lovers bash me i didn't mean this seaso, in the future.

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
You guys make me sick

What the hell is going on are the knicks serious unless they are going to use jordan in a trade i hope they dont want him over my dude Robinson. Did anyone besides me watch the summer league games Nate took charge and led the fast pased younge players. Im getting pissed off now this is crazy he better get something good really good if he trades robinson who will def hurt us in the when we are trying to defend him

LJ4ptplay

Starter
This doesn't make sense. Why pay for a guy who's probably not going to make the team anyway? Why must the Knicks always buy out their expiring contracts? I figured Dikau and Jones would have been valuable pieces for a trade. Either for Artest or somebody else. Maybe Isiah is afraid Dikau would beat out everyone (Marbury, Nate and Mardy) for the PG spot, so he decided to get rid of him. lol.

Kiyaman

Legend
Finally! the Knicks picked up a PG (Jared Jordan) with great court vision that can pass off the dribble without any problem (Curry, Zach, and a cutting Lee alley-oop). The Knicks will send him down to the D-League to pump up the crowd. It would be nice if they send both Nichols & Jordan to the D-League to work as a tandem untill March.

It looks like a trade is brewing with Nate Robinson included to get a veteran player the next team dont want. Another Knick mistake if they get rid of Nate Robinson to depend mostly on Marbury, Crawford, and Fred Jones in the backcourt.

Veteran Guards are good to have but veteran-guards without Post Season experience (Marbury, Crawford, and Fred Jones), I feel is not better than Nate, Collins, and a Rookie like Jared Jordan mixing it up throughout an entire season together (Team-Players).

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
You guys need to look into Jordan. He's an assist machine. This was a great pick up and it didn't cost us much at all. Nate is good but he will get his ass hanged to him by Bibby, Nash, Davis and Billips. He's explosive, he's quick, he's a back up. Jordan could be the real thing for years to come.

Kiyaman

Legend
You guys need to look into Jordan. He's an assist machine. This was a great pick up and it didn't cost us much at all. Nate is good but he will get his ass hanged to him by Bibby, Nash, Davis and Billips. He's explosive, he's quick, he's a back up. Jordan could be the real thing for years to come.

I agree with you 100% on the pickup of Jared Jordan, but Nate best games were against the PG you mentioned above under Coach Brown, and Nate lead the Knicks to a Win last season over Billups and Arenas.

I think I see where you're going with this. My gut tells me to keep the PG and not to package him for Ron.

I would love for that to be the case, but like so many trades made by my man IT it looks as if it's some sort of set up move that doesnt amount to nothing. How many of us thought that JC was on the move when Q was acquired? Maybe this is me not wanting to get up too much hope, but I don't see this materailizing into a trade. Plus if this kid is soo good why did the Clips let he go for nothing? In fact they seem to want Dan Dick after we cut him, so there goes the theory that they had too many gaurds. Again best of luck to Jordan....wow that is cool refering to a Knick player as Jordan!

Finally! the Knicks picked up a PG (Jared Jordan) with great court vision that can pass off the dribble without any problem (Curry, Zach, and a cutting Lee alley-oop). The Knicks will send him down to the D-League to pump up the crowd. It would be nice if they send both Nichols & Jordan to the D-League to work as a tandem untill March.

It looks like a trade is brewing with Nate Robinson included to get a veteran player the next team dont want. Another Knick mistake if they get rid of Nate Robinson to depend mostly on Marbury, Crawford, and Fred Jones in the backcourt.

Veteran Guards are good to have but veteran-guards without Post Season experience (Marbury, Crawford, and Fred Jones), I feel is not better than Nate, Collins, and a Rookie like Jared Jordan mixing it up throughout an entire season together (Team-Players).

your posts make my skin crawl.

i just need to say, crawford will be amazing in the playoffs. he is a big game player who is constantly underrated. the knicks can depend on crawford. he is one of the most clutch players in the league. kobe, crawford, wade, ben gordan, rip hamilton, billups, and cassell are the most clutch in that order.

i have some questions for you:

Why do you hate the roster so much?

Why do you hate Isiah so much?

Are you Larry Brown?

pat

Starter
TZhe thing I am asking miself is 'who has got to go' The Knicks now have 20 players on their roster.

Does anybody know whether they can trade one of those 20 or do they have to fire/buy-out three players before they can make any moves?

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez

were u born yesterday???marbury got no playoff experience??did u not see phoenix vs san antanio, when marbury made tony parker look like he was 5 years old??

were u born yesterday???marbury got no playoff experience??did u not see phoenix vs san antanio, when marbury made tony parker look like he was 5 years old??

The whole world missed that I think. Im starting to think only a few people on this board actually watch basketball.