Spying at the Garden?

Starks

Starter
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3209195

You know, for a team that spends so much energy worrying about its image, I think the real crooks on the Knicks are the PR staff.

What do these guys get paid to do exactly, when every week an embarrassing story on the team comes out?????????

I guess everyone follows the same model that Zeke does: Fail COMPLETLEY at your job, and get a bonus check in the mail.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I think it was wrong to fire Larry Brown.He always benched players that did not play defense, and that's the way you have to coach.If you let players just stand there and allow people to go around them for open lay ups and dunks, you are not doing your job as a coach.Isiah Thomas is finally starting to see this, too, but the Knicks have dug themselves in a hole so deep, they can only hope they finish with at least 30 wins and with a top 5 draft pick.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
I think it was wrong to fire Larry Brown.He always benched players that did not play defense, and that's the way you have to coach.If you let players just stand there and allow people to go around them for open lay ups and dunks, you are not doing your job as a coach.Isiah Thomas is finally starting to see this, too, but the Knicks have dug themselves in a hole so deep, they can only hope they finish with at least 30 wins and with a top 5 draft pick.

hell yeah that was the right move, larry brown is the most overrated coach of all time, larry brown criticized the whole team, like what he said about stephon, said some thing like stephon went to gergio tech, thats not a school for PGs, its a school for engineers, and pretty much from that season, stephon has not been the same, then he criticized ariza and i believe he made isiah to trade em to get francis for he could replace stephon, larry was no good in NY, like who really starts a player because its his hometown??

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
hell yeah that was the right move, larry brown is the most overrated coach of all time, larry brown criticized the whole team, like what he said about stephon, said some thing like stephon went to gergio tech, thats not a school for PGs, its a school for engineers, and pretty much from that season, stephon has not been the same, then he criticized ariza and i believe he made isiah to trade em to get francis for he could replace stephon, larry was no good in NY, like who really starts a player because its his hometown??
I gotta agree with you. I think Larry Brown did deserve to get fired.And it's stupid to start people, because it's their hometown.However, Isiah Thomas needs to stop rewarding players for not playing defense.That is why the Knicks have lost so many games this season.Cause he lets players that can't defend play big minutes.Ex:Crawford 40.9 minutes per game, Curry:40 of 41 games started,Quentin Richardson started 39 of 39 games.

Last edited:
Larry Brown did not do a good job here but the Garden's 'media' policy is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I'm still in shock that we fired a hall of fame coach and kept Isiah Thomas. I don't care how bad a job he did that year.

metrocard

Legend
Isn't funny how Isiah and MSG guys run out guys and fire them like how they did to Chaney?

Chaney was the one who sent IT to the bench at the end of his career. That was personal just like IT knew that Bird's hire would mean his firing in Indy.

datruth screen name is a contradiction, because he never speaks da truth. Saying Larry Brown is the most overrated coach is just an opinion, not a fact.

Larry Brown talks hard about everyone even Iverson. I wonder if datruth just learned about that today.

Da"truth" if Larry Brown is no good, then what is Isiah? You have to be a complete idiot to believe a HOF coach is inferior to the worst office man in NBA history. Isiah has been doing bad things to this franchise for one year.

Larry Brown > Isiah Thomas

Eat that you Isiahsexuals.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Isn't funny how Isiah and MSG guys run out guys and fire them like how they did to Chaney?

Chaney was the one who sent IT to the bench at the end of his career. That was personal just like IT knew that Bird's hire would mean his firing in Indy.

datruth screen name is a contradiction, because he never speaks da truth. Saying Larry Brown is the most overrated coach is just an opinion, not a fact.

Larry Brown talks hard about everyone even Iverson. I wonder if datruth just learned about that today.

Da"truth" if Larry Brown is no good, then what is Isiah? You have to be a complete idiot to believe a HOF coach is inferior to the worst office man in NBA history. Isiah has been doing bad things to this franchise for one year.

Larry Brown > Isiah Thomas

Eat that you Isiahsexuals.

i dont really care what u say because nobody can change the way i feel about larry brown, to me he was given great teams when he was successful, the year he went to the finals wit the sixers, he had the MVP in iverson, had the defensive player of the year in ratliff or mutombo(not sure who it is but the fact is they had 2 great defensive players), they had the six man of the year wit aron McKie, eric snow was actually a great PG at the time, and they had the most improve player(forgot who it was), then he goes to detroit, a team that already won back to back 50 win seasons b4 rasheed wallace, larry brown comes in and then they get rasheed wallace at the trading deadline and then they had the best strating line up in the whole entire NBA, i hate larry brown, i'll be the first admit it, cuz ever since stephon started playing for larry brown, stephon has been a different player

metrocard

Legend
i dont really care what u say because nobody can change the way i feel about larry brown, to me he was given great teams when he was successful, the year he went to the finals wit the sixers, he had the MVP in iverson, had the defensive player of the year in ratliff or mutombo(not sure who it is but the fact is they had 2 great defensive players), they had the six man of the year wit aron McKie, eric snow was actually a great PG at the time, and they had the most improve player(forgot who it was), then he goes to detroit, a team that already won back to back 50 win seasons b4 rasheed wallace, larry brown comes in and then they get rasheed wallace at the trading deadline and then they had the best strating line up in the whole entire NBA, i hate larry brown, i'll be the first admit it, cuz ever since stephon started playing for larry brown, stephon has been a different player

You need to study coaching and the importance of coaching to a team. How far have Detroit and 76ers gone without Brown? They made it out of the Eastern Conference under Brown. Detroit can't even beat Cleveland in a series, for you to think Brown has no coaching ability honestly takes all credibility you have on the discussion of basketball. Everyone knows Brown's past and mistakes, but theres no denying the coaching skills Brown possesses, if you deny this then Brown must of took a giant shit on your bed.

Brown > Isiah, eat that up.

Its Isiahsexuals like you who called Brown out but didn't want to face the facts that Isiah was held responsible of the whole thing.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I dont think Larry Brown was the right coach for this young dysfuntional team. However, I take nothing away from his coaching legacy, hes still a great coach. Anyone who tries to compare Isiah and Larry should get the F*ck outta here and find somethin else to follow.

Marburys been a different player for 3 reasons:

1. Larry Brown
  2. Isiah Thomas
  3. Knicks Roster progressivly gettin worse

Marbury did have a bad year with Larry Brown but I think if the Knicks had a better team Brown wouldve seen that Starbury is a point guard and he would not had tried to turn him into a 2-guard which f*cked everything up. Isiah hasnt helped out either. I still feel Marbury played his best basketball last year and is capable of returning to the Knicks or another team and doing the same.