David Lee cannot be traded!!!!

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I am worried about Lee being traded!!! Everybody knows the Knicks front office and Isiah don't know shit and will make a trade just to say they made one.

I don't care about the other players but Lee has to be here for a very very long time.We found us a player in Lee that could help this team win if the right players was here and coach.We have to keep Nate as well b/c he is starting to play some very good ball except for tonight.These two youngsters will become very good players for years to come and the Knicks have to keep them

GTKnicksFAN

Benchwarmer
I am worried about Lee being traded!!! Everybody knows the Knicks front office and Isiah don't know shit and will make a trade just to say they made one.

I don't care about the other players but Lee has to be here for a very very long time.We found us a player in Lee that could help this team win if the right players was here and coach.We have to keep Nate as well b/c he is starting to play some very good ball except for tonight.These two youngsters will become very good players for years to come and the Knicks have to keep them

i totally agree dude .... but IT dumb enough to do soo even if it means givbing the true faces of the franchise away

stevie

Benchwarmer

so what your saying is that Lee is a great complimentary player and we need some superstars to put around him. Arent you supposed to build a team the other way around?

clumsy

Rotation player
i disagree. if lee is packaged in a deal that gets rid of one of our shitty contracts like randolph (how many of those do we have.....) for an expiring contract it is a good deal. However if it is for a trade for someone like Vince Carter, isiah thomas is continuing proving the American dream...that mentally handicapped people can hold positions of power.

Also this is why we need to get rid of Jamal now...his value has never been higher (to a less astute GM).

At this point that is best thing we can do get rid of long term deals. Plus this team seems like it has no futuer for awhile. David may opt to leave in free agency anyway.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
so what your saying is that Lee is a great complimentary player and we need some superstars to put around him. Arent you supposed to build a team the other way around?

Amen.

See my overrated Knicks list.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Amen.

See my overrated Knicks list.

lol Im at school rite now, signed on because i saw this. Theres alot of David Lee stans out their, but the last 3 posts know whatsup. This is why David Lee has to be put on the overrated list, because of stans like David Lee is #1.

jumpman42

Rookie
i dont see how anyone can say he's overrated, he's not even a starter

and he still Ds up big men better than both randolph and curry

it would be stupid to trade him, he has such a high up side

donchris

lol Im at school rite now, signed on because i saw this. Theres alot of David Lee stans out their, but the last 3 posts know whatsup. This is why David Lee has to be put on the overrated list, because of stans like David Lee is #1.

Double Amen!
Amen
Amen

donchris

i dont see how anyone can say he's overrated, he's not even a starter

and he still Ds up big men better than both randolph and curry

it would be stupid to trade him, he has such a high up side

I think you'll see a few of us say that Lee is over rated because so many people are stuck on his nuts. No offense. Listen, I know people get excited when they see a white American kid with some skills but let's not get carried away. Lee is a good young player. We should all leave it at that.

paris401

Starter
I think you'll see a few of us say that Lee is over rated because so many people are stuck on his nuts. No offense. Listen, I know people get excited when they see a white American kid with some skills but let's not get carried away. Lee is a good young player. We should all leave it at that.

i'd trade his ass in a ny min , if it would improve the team...

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Well excuse the hell out of me for not wanting to trade a player that is easily one of the best players on our team right now.

Overrated my ass!! hell if he is overrated then the Marburys,Crawfords,Currys,Randophs should'nt even be on the team then.

Oh its all about the color of his skin now?? Shame on you for even brining that nonsense up.It should'nt matter what color he is b/c he is becoming a great ballplayer that could help the Knicks.

It sounds to me that some of you are starting to think like Isiah and our front office.You want to trade our young players that have talent away and keep the overpaid and overrated players here like Marbury,Curry,Randoph,and Crawford.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Well excuse the hell out of me for not wanting to trade a player that is easily one of the best players on our team right now.

Overrated my ass!! hell if he is overrated then the Marburys,Crawfords,Currys,Randophs should'nt even be on the team then

Oh its all about the color of his skin now?? Shame on you for even brining that nonsense up.It should'nt matter what color he is b/c he is becoming a great ballplayer that could help the Knicks.

It sounds to me that some of you are starting to think like Isiah and our front office.You want to trade our young players that have talent away and keep the overpaid and overrated players here like Marbury,Curry,Randoph,and Crawford.

Nah it aint like that, if the rite deal came along I would trade Lee but hes not untouchable.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Nah it aint like that, if the rite deal came along I would trade Lee but hes not untouchable.

Don't get me wrong I would to but it would have to be for a player that would bring the same hustle and heart that Lee BRINGS EVERYNIGHT.Yet I get bashed on here b/c im a Huge Lee fan and being accused of hanging on his nuts is something thats over the damn line.The only thing that I was saying if if the Knicks would have traded Lee or Nate away then it shows that they don't know shit and are'nt worried about making this team better.

Moz106

Benchwarmer
D LEE#1 im wit u bro, David Lee is the best knick big man hands down....his offensive game is not better than Zbo's but his hussle is key. I remember we were lookin 4 a big man to complement Curry, Isaiah saw what Lee was capable of but he still went 2 get Randolph, now Curry's development has haulted. Lee is a team player, he hussles, crash the boards, now he got a decent 15 footer jump shot, and he doest need the ball 2 affect a game. I see Lee exceling wit the knicks if he gets the respect he deserves and playing time, but if not we're gonna loose him in free agency, and it's gonna come back n slap us in the faces. right now Marbury, Lee, Jones, Balkman, Nate r my favourite players knicks, lets try to keep this core, stop hating on Lee, "respect a HUSTLER!!!!!!"

Starks

Starter
Lee is the most tradeable asset the Knicks have, but he is not as great as everyone makes him seem.

Let's wait to he gets a real NBA contract before we say "He brings heart and hustle every game" You mortgage your future by not dealing him for better players if he turns it down a few notches once he gets his contract and big home- Like 96% of the other NBA players who showed the same kind of game.

Also, don't forget this. This Knicks team is more than likely going to be totally rehauled from top to bottom once Thomas is gone. We don't know who or what kind of players will be brought in so it doesn't mean too much to hold on so damn tight to a guy who will be a "complimentary player" for the rest of his career.

Players like that come every draft class. So why hold onto him for dear life?

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
David Lee plays hard,and he got rebounding and scoring ability.I still think he deserves to be on this team, but I wouldn't mind him being traded, if we could get some draft picks and dump one of our big contracts on another team.I agree with MSG. Lee can be overrated at times. Zach Randolph gets double doubles, just like Lee, yet he gets a lot of heat for not being a good defender. But if you look at Lee, he's not a good defender either.In my opinion, we have two good powerforwards(Randolph and Lee) but if a team offered us a trade that gave us draft picks and expiring contracts, I'd go for it.The positions we need most improvement on(no homo) is the point guard position(we need a point guard that can defend; Mardy Collins is more of a sg and Nate is a bad defender) the small forward position(we need a small forward that can shoot;Balkman is a good back up but a sf that has a jump shot would be nice) and the center position(we need a center that can block shots).

Last edited:

Pricey

Rotation player
Lee at least brings a bit of intensity off the ball and when he gets in the post. Zach just lumbers around. Lee should be a starter for the Knicks but i think on any other contending team he would be 8th or 9th man.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I agree. I'm not saying Randolph is the man. I actually like both players, and Lee does add more energy to the game. My point is that Lee doesn't get heat for his weaknesses(one of them being defense).And talent wise, Randolph is still > Lee.He may have a huge contract and he may not be a fan favorite, but it's the truth.

Pricey

Rotation player
i probably agree with u there. Randolph can shoot the ball better then Lee and with a bit of effort he could be a very good player. I just love the way Lee goes about it. one of the very few that give a sh1t