Starbury: They Scared Now, We Got Helped Now

metrocard

Legend
IT WAS A POWER MOVE, WE NEEDED IT AND WE GOTTED IT.

Marbury told the New York Post that he called D'Antoni to welcome him to the Knicks.

"We went with experience," Marbury told The Post. "It's a great move. We had a great relationship. I never had a problem with Mike D'Antoni. He said we have our work cut out for us and he's right. But I'm looking forward to running up and down the floor."

WHATS UP TALK TO ME

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
What will help me judge the hiring of Mike D'antoni is what else happens this summer. Its unfair to judge his arrival in a negative way, we gotta see what donnie walsh does.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Same thing with Larry Brown, but them too weren't to happy with each other. Do you guys think Marbury will even play next season? almost 21 million off the books after next season is over.

Kiyaman

Legend
Why do Marbury have to bragg and boast about every offseason move.
He scares me when he does this.
Marbury endorsed the trade for Zach, and it seems like Zach endorsed the blame of losing to the Heat on Marbury to the point where Isiah was going to take his starting PG out of the starting lineup.
Isiah would'nt let Larry Brown take Marbury out of the starting lineup.
So you know I almost choked with laughter when the rumor came out that Isiah let the team vote on Marbury.

Same thing with Larry Brown, but them too weren't to happy with each other. Do you guys think Marbury will even play next season? almost 21 million off the books after next season is over.
it depends on the draft. I want steph to play, it's been said before, when he's right, he can be a top 10 pg in the league

dre48ny

Rotation player
Steph has to play, he has to show the league that he still can be productive in this league. I actually think that all this time off will help him. His head should be clear by tip off and at least he doesn't have to go to work hating his boss. Marbury might not be the superstar he once was, but he will have a productive season. I really doubt that he will stay longer than this season, I strongly believe that this will be his last year as a Knickerbocker.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Another Silly Fan trade proposal!

I'm starting to get used to the move a little more, but still am not sold on it completley. I would hope that Donnie Walsh has another move up his sleeve to validate this move. Really to me it is all about breaking up Zach Randolph and Eddy Curry, if we can move D. Lee in the starting 5 then the move starts to make more sense. I know Zach's numbers are very productive but I would like to see him gone.

With that said I have a new trade proposal, tell me what you think

Swap our lottery pick this year for The Cavs pick plus

Zach Randolph and Jared Jeffeiries for Damon Jones, Pavlovic, and Wally Z.

The Cavs can end up with either Bayless, Mayo, or even Gordon, who become Lebron's pupils, and may not shoot as well a Wally, but will give the type of athleticism that Wally has none of, while still being able to shoot the ball at a pretty high level. The Cavs get Zach Randolph who replaces the aging Ben Wallace in the starting five. Lebron now has a legit low post player to defer to with a talented player on the wing.

The Knicks don't lose a pick completley we would get the number 19 pick (which is where having Isiah around will be of some use) we will dump two heavy contracts in one deal, we add some shooters to the team who have expiring contracts (key to the deal!) and David Lee has no one in front of him in the rotation finally. Plus Wilson Chandler now has one less player to beat out in the rotation. Yes I know giving up a top 5 pick is taboo considering what Isiah has done with our lottery picks, but this may be a wise use of them.

Cavs
West
Bayless, Mayo, or Gordon
King James
Randolph
Z Ill.

A lineup that can win the East

Knicks

Steph/Nate
Jamal/Wally Z
Q/Wilson Chandler
Lee/Balkman
Curry/Lee

This is not the Suns of the past few years, but atleast can be a team that can compete for a playoff spot in the East. Especaily if Eddy drops about forty pounds this off season!

metrocard

Legend
Everyone should understand where New York is coming from with that trade idea; its realistic because Walsh's goal is to get under the cap before 2010 so he can sign major free agents like Paul and Lebron.

Buts its really hard to give up the 5 pick, we might have the number pick, you never know really with the draft lottery.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I wouldnt make that trade unless cleveland through in delonte west. If they want they can have mardy collins. I think thats a much better trade then the types of trades that isiah makes but at the same time i think we can do a lil bit better, gotta look for the sucker gms. Mark Cuban is the biggest sucker, i hate him now. He f*cks up the team and who takes the blame? AVery Johnson who put his heart into that job. Fuck Mark Cuban

metrocard

Legend
West a free agent.

I rather do this trade

Crawford
Richardson
Jefferies
Curry

for

Wally
Snow
Sasha
Smith
Jones

^ all those guys have short contracts

Cleveland
PG - West/Gibson
SG - Crawford/Brown
SF - James/Richardson/Jefferies
PF - Wallace/Varejao
C - Z/Curry

New York
PG - Marbury/Robinson
SG - Sasha/Collins
SF - Chandler/Wally
PF - Lee/Balkman
C - Lopez/James

something like that.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
West a free agent.

I rather do this trade

Crawford
Richardson
Jefferies
Curry

for

Wally
Snow
Sasha
Smith
Jones

Cleveland
PG - West/Gibson
SG - Crawford/Brown
PF - Wallace/Varejao
C - Z/Curry

New York
PG - Marbury/Robinson
SG - Sasha/Collins
SF - Chandler/Wally
PF - Lee/Balkman
C - Lopez/James

something like that.

Definitly like this one better, i would make it without hesitation. Im not sure if cleveland would but with Big Z playin as well as he still is they would have time to develop......or attempt to develop curry. They get crawford who brings more offense, with lebron there he wont be able to jack up shots as much. Maybe he would finally learn to improve his shot selection. The more expiring contracts we get, the better. I agree with that, time to destroy this team of losers, bums, fat asses, and lames. I dont care if we miss the playoffs again next year, thats part of rebuilding. We've waited this long, whats another year? As long as they're somewhat entertaining i dont care. Last year we were fun to watch, this year was depressin.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Definitly like this one better, i would make it without hesitation. Im not sure if cleveland would but with Big Z playin as well as he still is they would have time to develop......or attempt to develop curry. They get crawford who brings more offense, with lebron there he wont be able to jack up shots as much. Maybe he would finally learn to improve his shot selection. The more expiring contracts we get, the better. I agree with that, time to destroy this team of losers, bums, fat asses, and lames. I dont care if we miss the playoffs again next year, thats part of rebuilding. We've waited this long, whats another year? As long as they're somewhat entertaining i dont care. Last year we were fun to watch, this year was depressin.

I like that trade too that Metro proposed, I mostly like how we do not lose a top 5 pick. But I think yall see where I am coming from in wanting to sacrifice the pick to dump Zbo and Jefferies contracts. But I think bottom line we have to lose some major dead weight on this team. Zbo and a top pick to me would make a nice package for Cleveland who are now seeing with Boston collapsing on LBJ how important it is to have a big man in the post who can score, Ben Wallace is an offensive liability which is allowing James to be trapped upon entering the lane. I think Zach would space the floor well with his mid range J, look how good Drew Gooden looked at times playing with Lebron, and Zach is a better player. But again I would hate to see another pick we traded away amount to an All Star especially since we are for sure down our own pick in 2010.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Everyone should understand where New York is coming from with that trade idea; its realistic because Walsh's goal is to get under the cap before 2010 so he can sign major free agents like Paul and Lebron.

Buts its really hard to give up the 5 pick, we might have the number pick, you never know really with the draft lottery.

I probably wouldnt make the move if we landed one or two because Derrick Rose would likely be the player we end up with if we get either of those picks. He's too good to pass on even for cap purposes. I would be hesitant to pull off the trade with the number 3 pick, and would probably insist on a pick in 2010 from The Cavs in that case, but 4-7 I would execute that move in a heartbeat.but imagine if we pick 2nd, and Rose is taken at number 1, do we draft Beasley?

New New York

Quiet Storm
West a free agent.

I rather do this trade

Crawford
Richardson
Jefferies
Curry

for

Wally
Snow
Sasha
Smith
Jones

Cleveland
PG - West/Gibson
SG - Crawford/Brown
PF - Wallace/Varejao
C - Z/Curry

New York
PG - Marbury/Robinson
SG - Sasha/Collins
SF - Chandler/Wally
PF - Lee/Balkman
C - Lopez/James

something like that.

How about this trade it works plus we could probably land a pick in 2010

Jamal Crawrord
Zach Randolph

for

Pavlovic
Wally Z
Damon Jones
2010 conditional pick (top 3 protected) maybe

I would suggest to The Cavs that we would buy a player out so they could re-sign them if they wanted.

Cavs

West
Crawford
King James
Zach/Anderson V.
Z/Wallace

A team that could make The Finals for sure. Takes a lot of the burden off of Lebron.

Knicks

Steph/Nate
Draft Pick (presumebly Rose,Bayless,Mayo, or DJ Augustin)/Wally
Q/Wilson
Lee/Balkman
Curry/Lee

Probably only a 33-38 win team next season, but our cap would be under 40 million at the start of the 09/10 season. Plus we get our pick back that Isiah traded away for Steph.

The Cavs will have the type of team that Lebron would stick around for, so this trade is a win win for both teams.