Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Chandler

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Collins

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

metrocard

Legend
Robinson is strong, fast, athletic, has a jumper, likes to play up tempo; great option off the bench.

Lee is strong, athletic, agile, can run the floor, great full court awareness, defensive rebounding machine; could really be a candidate for most improved player. Lee just needs to work hard this summer on his offense(most skill on his post game, continue to improve his improving jumpshot, get more stamina to play in this system; increase agility/explosiveness with conditioning and work outs. I could dead ass envision a 20 and 12 season from Lee.

Balkman was a mystery last season, but we all know what he's capable of, imagine Marion without a jumpshot.

Chandler could possibly be the biggest surprise; he's still a mystery since he played in meaningless games.

Collins needs to improve his jumpshot if he wants to get serious playing time.

Marbury could have a rebirth with his career under D'Antoni. Marbury can penetrate to the basket as good as Nash, if not better. This will open everything up for our offense and make us a threat in the half court. Marbury just needs to improve his full court play as a PG and do a better job on pushing the ball(aggressive; Marbury is too passive).

FUCK RANDOLPH...he's the last thing we need right now. He plays by himself and plays like theres no scoreboard.

FUCK CURRY...he's the anti D'Antoni player; out of shape, lazy, no passion for the game, no passion for winning, no work ethic or desire to improve or adjust to a system, slow, can't pass, turnover prone, one dimensional, negative on both sides of the court.

FUCK CRAWFORD...He just needs to go; he's not that good of a shooter to begin with, and he has a weak body to be consider a threat as a slasher or penetrator. Defensively he's still the worst at his position. We just need to move on and find a guy who can fill a Raja Bell type role. (Garcia)

Richardson, Jefferies, Rose, James are just guys who you can't wait to get rid of. Richardson may not be bad under D'Antoni since he had one of his better seasons under him.

Pricey

Rotation player
u make all valid points mate. i just hope that he gets the lineups right. Chandler starts at SF has to happen, its time to groom a young team with a new style and go through a little bit of hurt for a season or so and make this team into a BEAST OF THE EAST!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I think Wilson Chandler will, i agree with pricey that he needs to be in the starting lineup next year. I think he can become a shawn marion type player with a better shot because he actually has a good form unlike the matrix who has the ugliest shot in the league. It could be David Lee or Marbury though.

I voted

For Steph. We all Know the PG completely runs the show in D'antoni's offense. This man can still play at a very high level and will be playing for a contract as well.

He will win comeback player of the year if the starter and healthy.

I could dead ass envision a 20 and 12 season from Lee.

After how how many blunts and bong hits did you envision this? :lol::lol::lol:

To answer your question I think the whole team improves the most. Now that they have a real coach in there they will improve by at least 10-15 wins and in a weak eastern conference possibly more. I'd make D'Antoni an early candidate for 2008-2009 coach of the year.

I actually think crawford could be the one to flourish the most under this system. but since he aint one of the choices Imma go with either Nate or Wilson Chandler.

Kiyaman

Legend
There is something funny about the hiring of D'Antoni. Especially with all the publicity that was given to Mark Jackson, rather than Herb Williams, Mark Aquire, and Hann.

Is Walsh having problems trading the contracts that goes past 2010? so he is hiring coach D'Antoni to put some trade value in these players this comming season?
that is what it looks like.

Lets not forget the 2003-4 Phoenix Star Players voted Marbury & Q.Richardson out of Phoenix. Which D'Antoni seem happy about.
So that is two Knick players that will not prosper under D'Antoni's system (back injuries).

This Knick team has been forced to run 95% of their offensive plays in a halfcourt offense with Marbury walk the ball up court style came on board in the 2003-4 season.
Players like Crawford 10 second dribbling, Q.Richardson stand still motion without any slashing talent, Curry & Zach slow pace movement that dont know how to throw a decent 10 foot pass after they rebound, Jefferies never being able to draw a defender on offense missing layup after layup making his little defensive skillz just another Knick turnover. When you add a defensive role player Malik Rose who keep adding himself into every offensive play you understand why the Spurs traded him 4 seasons ago. And my favorite Knick player Jerome James who number one skill in practice and on the court is how to show no emotions while chilling on the bench.

Those are the Knicks eight (8) money players inwhich has this Knick Team way above the salary cap with their expensive contracts which several are longer than Walsh 2010 so-call plan.
The top Knick Brass want these players receiving playingtime, which alot of us know from listening to Mark Jackson talk about players with winning attitudes will not give any of these Knick players any playingtime when it comes to defense.

Donnie Walsh is no "Miracle on 33rd st." to trade all or half of the eight players above this offseason so to keep chaotic down in the Knicks front office and lockerroom it look like the only safe thing to do is hire coach Mike D'Antoni, who also cant pull a rabbit out of his hat with this bunch of guys. But for the money he is told to be patient with a 4 year contract, and take a couple of 30 win seasons.

The only Knicks that I see that could play to D'Antoni uptempo transition for 10 straight minutes a quarter are Nate, Balkman, Chandler, Lee, and Morris.
I would add Collins if Clyde Frazier become his trainer this offseason.
Under coach D'Antoni the Knicks really need Derrik Rose or Mayo in this draft, plus need to invite Demitris Nichols out side shooting for D'Antoni's uptempo offense, Nichols out side shooting skillz is more dependable than Q.Rich & Crawford.

I expect Marbury to play better, as long as he gets some playing time. He's either playing this year for a new contract (here or there) , or he'll be playing to change his self-image? He's not a dumb man and he's not going to let millions get away from him by preforming poorly this year(on or off the court) Now that I've said that I voted for Nate cause you know the Man likes to run! And on top of that I think he has become our best 3 pt shooter. I expect Nate to have a great year either backing up Steph or running the show himself, Yeah I said it Nate starting PG.... we just need to drop Z-Bo (Z-Bo for K-Mart identical contracts and K-mart is like an older more injury prone Amarie...still better than a ball hog that plays NO D) and get a athletic Center via trade,draft,free agency or however so we have a big besides Lee that can run the floor!

Kiyaman

Legend
I expect Marbury to play better, as long as he gets some playing time. He's either playing this year for a new contract (here or there) , or he'll be playing to change his self-image? He's not a dumb man and he's not going to let millions get away from him by preforming poorly this year(on or off the court) Now that I've said that I voted for Nate cause you know the Man likes to run! And on top of that I think he has become our best 3 pt shooter. I expect Nate to have a great year either backing up Steph or running the show himself, Yeah I said it Nate starting PG.... we just need to drop Z-Bo (Z-Bo for K-Mart identical contracts and K-mart is like an older more injury prone Amarie...still better than a ball hog that plays NO D) and get a athletic Center via trade,draft,free agency or however so we have a big besides Lee that can run the floor!

Original, I have to agree with you on this one. especially on the Zach for K-Mart trade. Denver need offense in their C/PF players and defense in their backcourt. That trade would work for both teams.

dre48ny

Rotation player
I voted Nate since he is the perfect prototype of a D'antoni player: Fast, slash, up tempo, energetic. I don't think he will be the starting PG, but he will see significant minutes. D'Antoni plays small at times so don't be surprised if some crazy rotations are in there once in a while. Chandler I think should be the starting SF, yes it was a small sample size that we saw this season, but Q-Rich is just a back up( my opinion should be cut if they can't trade him) and Balkman has to polish up a little bit. Let's see what happens draft night and what moves Walsh can make.

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
I voted for Lee, he should thrive in a high paced offense. I thing we'll see a lot of quick outlet passes from Lee off of rebounds. I would've voted for Nate, but I'm a little worried that the uptempo style may give him the excuse to be wild and out of control like he can sometimes be...

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Robinson is strong, fast, athletic, has a jumper, likes to play up tempo; great option off the bench.

Lee is strong, athletic, agile, can run the floor, great full court awareness, defensive rebounding machine; could really be a candidate for most improved player. Lee just needs to work hard this summer on his offense(most skill on his post game, continue to improve his improving jumpshot, get more stamina to play in this system; increase agility/explosiveness with conditioning and work outs. I could dead ass envision a 20 and 12 season from Lee.

Balkman was a mystery last season, but we all know what he's capable of, imagine Marion without a jumpshot.

Chandler could possibly be the biggest surprise; he's still a mystery since he played in meaningless games.

Collins needs to improve his jumpshot if he wants to get serious playing time.

Marbury could have a rebirth with his career under D'Antoni. Marbury can penetrate to the basket as good as Nash, if not better. This will open everything up for our offense and make us a threat in the half court. Marbury just needs to improve his full court play as a PG and do a better job on pushing the ball(aggressive; Marbury is too passive).

FUCK RANDOLPH...he's the last thing we need right now. He plays by himself and plays like theres no scoreboard.

FUCK CURRY...he's the anti D'Antoni player; out of shape, lazy, no passion for the game, no passion for winning, no work ethic or desire to improve or adjust to a system, slow, can't pass, turnover prone, one dimensional, negative on both sides of the court.

FUCK CRAWFORD...He just needs to go; he's not that good of a shooter to begin with, and he has a weak body to be consider a threat as a slasher or penetrator. Defensively he's still the worst at his position. We just need to move on and find a guy who can fill a Raja Bell type role. (Garcia)

Richardson, Jefferies, Rose, James are just guys who you can't wait to get rid of. Richardson may not be bad under D'Antoni since he had one of his better seasons under him.

Good thread/post but I've got to say you are sleeping on one player, Jamal Crawford! He will shine the most under D'Antoni. If Richardson can get his shot back this can be a deadly line up. We'd have three guards that can score from any where. (Does it feel like we are regressing or is it just me?) Zach will need to shed some pounds. He's the double double guy and he's not going any where. Curry's out.

I actually think Jeffries will do well under this system. Some one's got to D'up right? Regarding Balkman, I like him but we don't need him unless Richardson is benched behind Crawford and Balkman backs up Chandler.

Marbury/?
Crawford/Richardson
Chandler/Balkman
Randolph/Lee
?/James

Assed Out: If we get Mayo then Robinson is assed out like the homeless. We don't need all of the guards. Like I said, if we start Richardson and keep Jones then we don't need Balkman. Package Curry, Robinson, Balkman. They can bring us Artest/Miller or Steve Hunter from Denver.

pat

Starter
I expect Marbury to play better, as long as he gets some playing time.

My GUESS would be that that will be Marbury's main problem: They did a similar poll on NYKnicks.com and they didn't even list him. D'antoni could have had him Phoenix but he opted on a Canadian point guard with a rather unorthodox style. I wouldn't be surprised seeing them tanking the season, buying out Marbury in order to develop Nate, Balkman, Lee, and Chandler and hoping to get Rubio next year.

JUNIOR MINT

Benchwarmer
Chandler, well, not now, but in the future definitely, I think he can average around 20 and 6 (rebounds)...but, right now, if the rumors of Marbury is true then I'll have to say Lee & Nate, Nate will probably be a top candidate for 6man of the year

jimkcchief88

All Star
How do you not include Jamal in the poll??? Wasn't he the team's leading scorer last season??? What am I missing??? I think it will definately be Jamal because he is versatile enough to play the 1-2 or 3 spot and the wide open transition style will play to his skill set. We all know Jamal is hell to account for in the open floor and hopefully the new offense will allow Jamal to be more of a finisher of plays than relying on him to initiate the offense.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
How do you not include Jamal in the poll??? Wasn't he the team's leading scorer last season??? What am I missing??? I think it will definately be Jamal because he is versatile enough to play the 1-2 or 3 spot and the wide open transition style will play to his skill set. We all know Jamal is hell to account for in the open floor and hopefully the new offense will allow Jamal to be more of a finisher of plays than relying on him to initiate the offense.

u must been living under a rock the last year because metro really doesnt like jamal and i disagree wit u when u say that jamal is capable to play the 3, too weak and small

jimkcchief88

All Star
u must been living under a rock the last year because metro really doesnt like jamal and i disagree wit u when u say that jamal is capable to play the 3, too weak and small

Sorry that's just my dry sense of humor. I think its funny "Starbury" is even in the poll and Jamal isn't because if I was a betting man my money is on Jamal being on the opening day roster, not Steph.

Steph will be here..

Sorry that's just my dry sense of humor. I think its funny "Starbury" is even in the poll and Jamal isn't because if I was a betting man my money is on Jamal being on the opening day roster, not Steph.

Regardless to who is drafted, Steph will be here at least til trading deadline. In order to move any of these huge contracts, the Knicks have to allow these players to flourish in a system and regain their value. Right now, no team wants any of these guys. Too much money, and they are branded as losers. It will be interesting to see what will happen with Steph if he stays and flourishes in D'antoni's system. Will he resign here for less money to stay? Or will he just walk after having his career rejuvenated?

I say let's get Mayo.