Steph is going Nowhere;But will still sit

New New York

Quiet Storm
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3682264

Walsh considers this issued "resolved" and the descision is that Steph will remain a Knick but will not play barring an injury to a backcourt player. It almost seems irrelevant to state my opinion because it appears that the fans interest is way secondary nowadays. But, I will say again that Mike Dantoni couldve gotten away with a 29 win season without much scrutiny, but he has now opened himself up to heavy criticsim with each and every loss by not including the best players in his rotation (especially ones making 21 million dollars). Maybe he's playing for a better pick in what we hope is our last season in the lottery!

Also Steph says that he misses playing for Larry Brown, and last night I read a report with Larry saying the same. The Devil must be rocking a snow suit!

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3682264

Walsh considers this issued "resolved" and the descision is that Steph will remain a Knick but will not play barring an injury to a backcourt player. It almost seems irrelevant to state my opinion because it appears that the fans interest is way secondary nowadays. But, I will say again that Mike Dantoni couldve gotten away with a 29 win season without much scrutiny, but he has now opened himself up to heavy criticsim with each and every loss by not including the best players in his rotation (especially ones making 21 million dollars). Maybe he's playing for a better pick in what we hope is our last season in the lottery!

Also Steph says that he misses playing for Larry Brown, and last night I read a report with Larry saying the same. The Devil must be rocking a snow suit!

come on this news just pissed me off we need marbs to play but i guess we are playing for the lottery but its still early and its mind boggling that were not even gonna wait to see hoe the season plays out....its clear had marbury played sunday we could of had a better chance at winning but thats the past...hopefully marbs sees some action but your right were playing for a pick now

lets go Jennings or Rubio

LJ4ptplay

Starter
This has Dolan written all over it. Christ!! Can't we go just 1 season without Mebury drama. I wish they would just buy him out and be done with him.

TunerAddict

Starter
This has Dolan written all over it. Christ!! Can't we go just 1 season without Mebury drama. I wish they would just buy him out and be done with him.

ESPN said this morning that MArbury is approaching the players association to help with this situation.

Made me lol. The PA has nohting it can do to remedy this. They can't make Donnie waive him and they cannot make D play him. All they can do is try and negotiate between the two sides...

JayJ44

Starter
This is retarded, either play him or dump him. I think he should play, but if D'antoni refuses, than buy him out. You can't have Marbury just hanging around for 20 million dollars.

New New York

Quiet Storm
This is why I'm a little torn on this situation

I hate that Steph is not playing, he is better than both PGs playing in front of him (you dont have to be a member of "Team Starbaury" to admit that) and benching him has meant for the third season in a row our team is a damn side show to start off the season.

But.....No way in hell do I want to see us throw 21 million at him just to see him go get a ring in Boston! I can deal with him getting a ring with The Lakers, but I have a strong feeling that Boston will be his next stop. So I'm happy this has not resulted in a buyout truthfully.

Mr. New New York's message to Dantoni: Just swallow your pride admit that you were wrong in not playing him, and put Steph out on the court. Hell, if you want make him a sixth man, or dont let him run the Point, but get him out there on the court to end this freak show!

New New York

Quiet Storm
ESPN said this morning that MArbury is approaching the players association to help with this situation.

Made me lol. The PA has nohting it can do to remedy this. They can't make Donnie waive him and they cannot make D play him. All they can do is try and negotiate between the two sides...

All the PA can do is suggest that he not accept being on the inactive list. You can't force a player to stay on the inactive list, so if Steph wants he can make them activate him, like Shandon Anderson did to Isiah.

nyk_nyk

All Star
This whole situation is crazy! The more Collins gets playing time and ****s up, fans are going to want Steph more and more. I'm sure everyone would agree we're in a rebuilding period but are we trying to compete or what? If this is just about ping pong balls then buy the guy out and end the media circus.

They drafted Gallo instead of Westbrook. Even though they wont admit it, Chandler has been a surprise and had they known this earlier they wouldn't have selected another SF in Gallo. They signed Roberson (WTF) and Duhon for the future????

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
3 games in and the media already found a story to jump on i wonder what happenes when we start losing games lmao...anyways we need to play marbs he's the best player on our team...it really pisses me off just watching our best player in street clothes.

WiL8000

Rotation player
I think every Knicks fan is tired of all the losing. I know I am. Marbury is the most talented player on the team, with him not being active and Knicks start losing, a lot of the blame will be attributed to this. I personally would have liked to see Marbury play in this system (what the heck?) but it doesn't look like that will happen anytime soon.

This is a rebuilding process, unfortunately it took way too long for this rebuilding to really happen, thus more losing is in the future before things start to turn around.

There's still a chance Marbury could be traded this season unless he's here to finish out his contract. One thing is for sure, after this season all this drama will be done with and the Knicks can truly move on from Isiah's cursed tenure.

paris401

Starter
All the PA can do is suggest that he not accept being on the inactive list. You can't force a player to stay on the inactive list, so if Steph wants he can make them activate him, like Shandon Anderson did to Isiah.

i mite be wrong but if mangement wants to put him on the in-active, and are paying him, there is fuk-all towel-head can do about it..

he has to sit there, along side fat-boy (curry) and burger-king (james)... and collect his 21.9m

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
What's going on is just wrong, but as a fan, there's nothing I can do about it. All I can do is wait till the Knicks finish 22-60, so that all the haterburys will be forced to admit that it was not Marbuy that caused this team to suck. It was poor management and poor play from scrubs like Duhon, Richardson, Rose, Collins, and Curry.

Paul1355

All Star
The fans are going to change this. Mike D is going to hear the chants at every single home game saying "WE want Steph!" EVERYDAY MIKE! lmfao this is such a dumb move. This is creating so much drama already and it is going to last all season. For a guy who stresses to have good chemistry, Mike D is making it worse by not playing Marbury. The team knows he is the best and is still sitting. This is piss poor.

New New York

Quiet Storm
i mite be wrong but if mangement wants to put him on the in-active, and are paying him, there is fuk-all towel-head can do about it..

he has to sit there, along side fat-boy (curry) and burger-king (james)... and collect his 21.9m

I dont know if it the case anymore, but, at one time a player could refuse to go on inactive list. Remember when Isiah didnt want to pay or play Shandon Anderson and he tried to put him on the IL and Shandon Anderson refused and as a result costed the team an active roster spot resulting in him getting a buy out. So this could be a reality for Steph too.