bulls looking to trade...

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
Hughes contract ends in 2010, so good for us. But who could we trade?
Bulls are after a scoring PF/C, but they sure wouldnt go for Curry + random filler; Vinny del Negro isnt really defence-first coach, but he wants his players to commit to defence and follow the schemes - doesnt sound like Curry; besides, they had Curry and didnt like it

Bulls would maybe go for Curry + Lee, but im not sure if that's a good deal for us. Sure we would drop Curry's salary, but Hughes isnt really D'Antoni type of guard, he cant shoot too well and he's too wild on offense
im totally guessing that Bulls would want this deal anyway, dont really know what's their cap plan and feelings with Curry

Edit - read rumours that Denver is looking for some post help, and may give Chucky Atkins+Linas Kleiza for that. If some team might see any value in Curry right now, it would be Denver, since they arent extremely picky about defence, and arent trying to get cap space for 2010. There's no way they would give Kleiza+Atkins for Curry straight up, but maybe some three way deal could be possible

Last edited:

New New York

Quiet Storm
I'd take Tyrus Thomas! Not sure who we could offer, but he does have the type of game that would fit with Dantoni.

I'd take Tyrus Thomas! Not sure who we could offer, but he does have the type of game that would fit with Dantoni.

Hugh, really? Tyrus Thomas has no shot and no handle at all. He is way behind mentally in the game and the only reason he ever got drafted is because he has freakish athletic ability..... still no game though.

TunerAddict

Starter
Hugh, really? Tyrus Thomas has no shot and no handle at all. He is way behind mentally in the game and the only reason he ever got drafted is because he has freakish athletic ability..... still no game though.

Exactly.

He got all hyped up and I always thought he had bust written all over him.

Well, its looking like ESPN was wrong again and I was right...

I say get NONE. We've taken too much of the bulls garbage for too long. None of these players are needed, nor would they be an upgrade.

rollingstone

Benchwarmer

they would want some good value for Thomas, and our real value is D-Lee, Nate, Galli, Chandler, Harrington and probably Duhon. They dont need Duhon, Nate and SFs. And Galli probably wouldnt be enough, until he plays and shows something good.
So that leaves D-Lee.

I wouldn't swap D-Lee for Thomas now tbh, would rather use Lee to get rid of Curry or Jeffries and get a guard

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
Exactly.

He got all hyped up and I always thought he had bust written all over him.

Well, its looking like ESPN was wrong again and I was right...

I say get NONE. We've taken too much of the bulls garbage for too long. None of these players are needed, nor would they be an upgrade.

Thing is, all three have "CAPSPACE 2010" written on their foreheads
So it may be worth a thought

JayJ44

Starter
Unless we can get rid of Curry or Jeffries, no thanks. None of these guys will help us much, and the only reason we would take any of them is for cap space.

New New York, what's up with your sig? :confused:

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
Hughes+Thabo for Lee+Jeffries+some filler like Jerome James would look like a decent deal for both sides: we get more cap space and guards, they get Lee for half season

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i would love to get tyrus thomas i mean he's what 21-22? and he still has tons of potential i just dont think Chicago is a good situation for him they dont use him in the right way he's a run and gun player he would really excel in this system for us i wouldnt mind getting him for Rose and a filler maybe....he'll breakout in this offense and he's a good defender....i hope walsh makes a move for this kid...

jimkcchief88

All Star
Larry Hughes I could do without because he needs the ball in his hands alot, but would do well in our offense. TT has alot of potential, but sometimes you question his effort. The player I would want would be Thabo. You know how I usually feel about Euros, but Thabo is a nice player. He has PG skills but is over 6'5" and is very underused by the Bullies.

Toons

is the Bo$$
no more chicago trash!

tyrus thomas for malik rose and a 2nd rounder

thabo for jerome james (none of them has done anything this season)

hughes for n8 & jefferies

anything else where we allow chi town to rape us again is nonsense

dude, I do not want to see any of our quality players in a bulls uniform, and that is that. Walsh will not entertain any of these offers, unless its for ben gordon or a legitimate expiring contract that does not include coughing up lee or nate. end of story, so basically in the long run, this will never happen.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
all i want is Tyrus Thomas i still think he could develop into a really good player....he just needs the playing time and opprotunities to play his game, this system would be perfect for him to play his game and he'llproduce good numbers playing for D'Antoni.....i wouldnt trade any of our young guys to get him, i woulld give em Rose and someone else

when he gets playing time-finally last night vs the Nets he played 24 mins and had 16 pnts 5 rebs and 3 asts....

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
Walsh will not entertain any of these offers, unless its for ben gordon or a legitimate expiring contract that does not include coughing up lee or nate.

i dont think Walsh is really overvaluing lee or nate quite yet, and neither should we
Seriously, Lee is getting nice numbers now, but -
he's playing in one of 2 fastest offences in the league = more attemps and more balls to rebound
we are only in the middle in shooting % = even more to rebound
we dont have enough rebounders (we are 2nd to last in rebound rate atm) = even more balls for Lee to rebound

I love Lee, but he's in the best possible situation he can be. He's good, but not 20 pts 20 rebs good