Duhon holds new knicks record

Duhon broke the Knicks record for consecutive free throws made when he passed Latrell Sprewell who held the record at 41. He set the record to 44 before missing a free throw late in the game.

just giving him his props because it hasnt been spoken about at all on here.

Also lets me remember the good old days in the late 90's. The knicks were sick FT shooters then with spree and houston

Last edited:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
kudos on recognizing Duhons second team record broken....I must admit this dude has far surpassed my expectations of him....keep doing u Duhon

Akamu

The King
I was resentful of the trade and a few decisions Duhon made on the court which turned out big in heartbreaking losses.

But for the most part though, I admit he proved me wrong and is playing better then expected.

As long as he keeps improving and doesn't make certain mistakes that leave a bad taste in my mouth (not shooting clear open shots and over passing) then I won't mind his presence at all.

Oh let's not forget, Starbury was serving as Duhons mentor so that played a big factor in his accomplishments.

Kiyaman

Legend
Oh let's not forget, Starbury was serving as Duhons mentor so that played a big factor in his accomplishments.

Cosign bigtime.

This is what alot of Marbury-Haters hate to hear.
Duhon was lost in the sauce untill Dantoni played him consistently alongside of Marbury.
Knicks oposition gave all their attention to Marbury and at the end of the game Duhon, Nate, Chandler, Lee, and Zach came up with great outstanding Stats in all departments.
And they carried that into the regular season games.

With Marbury driving to the hoop thru all kinds of traffic for a layup made all his teammates start doing the same to pickup the foul. Duhon was not doing this in his career as a Chicago Bull.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Yeah man he is pretty efficient, plus his contract is not bad at all. He can dish the ball and hit hs FTs. He was awesome in college, some players just need more time to develop than others. I remember Chauncey just didn't get it his first years in the NBA. Now he just a proven baller. He is doing great things in denver, not to mention what he did in Detroit.

GetRealistic

Starter

Cosign bigtime.

Duhon was lost in the sauce untill Dantoni played him consistently alongside of Marbury.
Knicks oposition gave all their attention to Marbury and at the end of the game Duhon, Nate, Chandler, Lee, and Zach came up with great outstanding Stats in all departments.

With Marbury driving to the hoop thru all kinds of traffic for a layup made all his teammates start doing the same to pickup the foul. Duhon was not doing this in his career as a Chicago Bull.

Seriouslly??? Come on people... Marbury coming off the bench to play with Duhon about 10 minutes a night in the preseason is the reason for Duhon playing well? You people are truly amazing.

Duhon learning the system and his new teammates during the preseason is the reason he has grown as a player.

Duhon is playing overall solid basketball. Being a pass first low turnover guy (not Marbury strengths) and somehow the short stint playing around Marbury made this happen.

I assume that since Marbury was on the bench for Al Harrington first two games is the reason Harrington has played well.

The thread is about Duhon breaking a FT record which all things considered isn't that big of a deal in my head, but somehow it becomes about Marbury being a mentor.

Marbury and Mentor should never be in the same sentence.

Akamu

The King
No genius, while Marbury was not playing he was still practicing helping Duhon improve and he has.

Of course you will not see this reported in articles, it's not as contraversal.

Try listening to the commentary during games, they say very interesting things that you may or may not read in an article, or reported on a web cast.

One last note:
If you noticed and observed the way Duhon was playing he was not driving as much, he is playing differently then before (hence I kept posting about how he wouldn't create and drive much). I kept seeing the same style out of Duhon, he definitely adapted traits from Starbury, weather you like him or not.

Last edited:

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Anyone giving Marbury credit for Duhon's accomplishments can't be taken seriously on the subject of either Duhon or Marbury. In fact, it smells of such extreme bias, I'm not sure they can be taken seriously at all. That idea should be bronzed and saved as the silliest idea of all time.

Duhon is Duhon. He plays nothing like Marbury and is nothing like Marbury as a person. (that's why he's still here). He's a team oriented, pass first PG that has gained the respect of his teamates and coach with his attitude, hard work, minutes, and selfless play. He's a WINNER. He may not have been blessed with as much natural talent as Marbury, but he uses what he has better.

If anyone deserves credit for Duhon's rise, it's D'Antoni and Walsh who recognized that he had enough talent and the proper skill set to be a leader for the Knicks inside D'Antoni's 7 seconds or less offense.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
No genius, while Marbury was not playing he was still practicing helping Duhon improve and he has.

Of course you will not see this reported in articles, it's not as contraversal.

Try listening to the commentary during games, they say very interesting things that you may or may not read in an article, or reported on a web cast.

One last note:
If you noticed and observed the way Duhon was playing he was not driving as much, he is playing differently then before (hence I kept posting about how he wouldn't create and drive much). I kept seeing the same style out of Duhon, he definitely adapted traits from Starbury, weather you like him or not.

So we won't see this in articles...how might I ask have you gotten this fantastic piece of insider news? Or are you just assuming this is the case? Please back your silly claims or clarify that this is just your imagination running wild.

Fact is to even try and give credit to cancer Marbury just flies in the face of logic and reality! Marbury plays nothing like Duhon and is not known for his role as a mentor.

Akamu

The King
Anyone giving Marbury credit for Duhon's accomplishments can't be taken seriously on the subject of either Duhon or Marbury. In fact, it smells of such extreme bias, I'm not sure they can be taken seriously at all. That idea should be bronzed and saved as the silliest idea of all time.

Duhon is Duhon. He plays nothing like Marbury and is nothing like Marbury as a person. (that's why he's still here). He's a team oriented, pass first PG that has gained the respect of his teamates and coach with his attitude, hard work, minutes, and selfless play. He's a WINNER. He may not have been blessed with as much natural talent as Marbury, but he uses what he has better.

If anyone deserves credit for Duhon's rise, it's D'Antoni and Walsh who recognized that he had enough talent and the proper skill set to be a leader for the Knicks inside D'Antoni's 7 seconds or less offense.

You can't talk about bias when your being biased yourself.

Duhon enhanced his game by adapting and learning from one of the best. It's one of the key factors that made him who he is now.

So we won't see this in articles...how might I ask have you gotten this fantastic piece of insider news? Or are you just assuming this is the case? Please back your silly claims or clarify that this is just your imagination running wild.

Fact is to even try and give credit to cancer Marbury just flies in the face of logic and reality! Marbury plays nothing like Duhon and is not known for his role as a mentor.

I herd it's good to read things more then once. I'm not going to help you, figure it out. Watch the games.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
The reason we're playing well is because of Duhon and D'Antoni, and Mebury lovers can't stand that. They wanted us to fail because they like Mebury more than the Knicks. The Knicks are playing well because Duhon is better than Mebury and D'Antoni made the right choice to not play him. We've been better without Mebury more than we've ever been with Mebury. That's not a media conspiracy. It's reality.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
funny how somebody who doesnt play or practice wit the team influences another player to playin better, this site just gets better each day

Toons

is the Bo$$
AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

YOU ALL ARE STUPID!!!

YOU SAY DUHON OVERPASSES, AN UMM....HE LEARNED THAT FROM WHO? PBPBPBPSPSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSH

HAHAHAHHAHA

FUNNIEST THREAD EVER

MARBURY IS THE REASON WHY DUHON IS SO GOOD??? SO WHY DOESNT MARBURY MAKE A TAPE WITH HIS POINTERS TO MAKE BILLIONS TEACHING PEOPLE HOW TO PLAY!!! AHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Dantoni praised duhons talents because he watched him. many of you said a long time ago that you never heard of him, he was a scrub, he cant fill the shoes of the great lord mebury,

man up BITCHES!!!! GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
You can't talk about bias when your being biased yourself.

Duhon enhanced his game by adapting and learning from one of the best. It's one of the key factors that made him who he is now.

I herd it's good to read things more then once. I'm not going to help you, figure it out. Watch the games.

I don't need any help, your ASSERTION is silly at best.You credit Marbury for Duhon's play yet make no mention of D'Antoni and his new system. Further you are unable to back up your claim with anything but anecdotal evidence. Marbury likes to drive and Duhon is driving so lets credit Marbury!:teeth: Your statement speaks for itself!

FYI it's heard, not herd. Herd refers to a group of cattle.

tiger0330

Legend

Cosign bigtime.

You can't be serious. Duhon played with Marbury a couple of preseason games and now Marbury is a mentor for Duhon, Nate, Chandler, Lee and Zach. What next with his fans, when the Knicks win a ring when he's gone, it's because of the spirit of Mebury lingering around the halls of MSG.

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
You can't be serious. Duhon played with Marbury a couple of preseason games and now Marbury is a mentor for Duhon, Nate, Chandler, Lee and Zach. What next with his fans, when the Knicks win a ring when he's gone, it's because of the spirit of Mebury lingering around the halls of MSG.

Huh, Curry is the mentor for Lee and Zach, it's undeniable

portega1968

El Cacique
the Marbury-mentoring-Duhon angle is probably the most blatant spin job Ive seen in a long time. Dick Cheney would kill for those skills.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
lol @ this thread :lol:

Im not gonna get caught up in the Marbury vs Duhon and all that, but I gotta give Duhon his props. Hes held it down for us and hes done a great job. I cant believe hes 4th in assists, and our offense is as good as its been. I bet if Isiah was still coachin us (Im very thankful hes not) we would be scoring at least 10 less points, Duhon would be averaging 5 assists, and we would have 4 or 5 wins.