My first Knicks game.. Help Please?

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
Hey guys.. Brand new to the boards, I joined not only to talk about our beloved knicks, but to ask questions about going to a Knicks Game.

I will be attending my first knicks game on 1/17/09 when we take on the sixers. What I would love from you guys is Tips, Suggestions, Do's and Dont's, and ideas to make my experience at the garden and my first ever knicks game something I will never forget! I would appreciate any info you guys can give me!

Thank you in advance and I look forward to hearing back from you guys!

-Take Care:gony::gony::gony::gony::gony::gony::gony::gony:

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
Come on.. Someone has to know something.. Anything?

Is MSG expensive?
Any good bars around the garden?
Whats the best way to get there?
How expensive are souvenirs?

Anything Knicks Related to do around the garden or the city besides going to see a game?

Any info would be awesome

Thanks guys!

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Come on.. Someone has to know something.. Anything?

Is MSG expensive?
Any good bars around the garden?
Whats the best way to get there?
How expensive are souvenirs?

Anything Knicks Related to do around the garden or the city besides going to see a game?

Any info would be awesome

Thanks guys!

MSG food is expensive....
im only 19 so im not familiar wit bars as of yet but there are bars in the area
if u takin the train, the A, C, E train are the closest also the D and B but u going walk more
if u drive, expect alot of traffic so go early
souvenirs - it depends what u lookin for, cuz u can spend almost from 2$ on a knick pin or waste way more for like a jersey

quiggle

Starter
it's like going to the movies, all the food and stuff is going to be expensive so you're probably better off eating before you go.

there's a JCPenny nearby so you could kill some time if you get there early.

KBlack25

Starter
Jake's BBQ across the street is a decent bar to go to after the game or before, it's kind of a college sports place but they have cheap beer and great ribs. In the Garden I'd say check out one of the two Garden stores inside, they have great (though overpriced) merchandise. Inside the Garden a beer will be kind of expensive, but not SO awful. Be prepared to spend money.

latiger12

Rookie
it's like going to the movies, all the food and stuff is going to be expensive so you're probably better off eating before you go.

there's a JCPenny nearby so you could kill some time if you get there early.

I would definalty eat first. Try and drink a bit before too, the drinks are gonna kill ya. Hope you have a good time. <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0">

<embed src="http://www.latourgolf.net/la-tour-golf-nets/pages/1955/are-pro-golfers-afraid-to-comment-on-tiger-woods-and-that-the-mass-medica-will-construe-it-as-racism.html" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></object>

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Yo, what you have to be aware of is that someone is gonna probably be sitting in your seat. People always trying to get a better view. Also, there's gonna be a drunk or two cursing profanities at both the opposing team and the Knicks. And also be prepared for the bumrush after the game. Its a good opportunity for someone to elbow you in the back and also to feel up on a hot chick or two. But most importantly--> just enjoy the experience, man. I know I did the first time I went. Peace

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I went to my first game on the season opener this season.I went to eat a block or two from the Garden at a place called Starlight View Diner or something like that.Good food, steak was expensive though, but that's steak.My dad was gonna take me to Tad's Steaks, but nobody he asked knew where it was and one person said it was gone.Turned out we found it before or after the game.Oh well, I still enjoyed the other diner.

If you get there early, look for the NBA store.You're gonna have to walk a little bit, but if you get there early, plenty of time to walk back to the Garden.

And the above poster reminded me, after the game a guy fell down and needed help.He was old so I don't if it was the beer he had which was on the floor, by the seats, or maybe just something else.

I had a great time though.No problem getting out of the arena after the game, went quick.I got a free Knicks hat.Don't know if free stuff is given away at every game.I suggest you bring your own drinks and stuff.Every is expensive, but that's expected.

Anyway, just remember, you're going to see the Knicks.That's enough fun in itself.

Last edited:

clumsy

Rotation player
Tad's Steaks is in times square area (the 40's). When i was 18 (like 6 or 7 years ago) i remember you could get a steak dinner with salad bar for 7 dollars.

GetRealistic

Starter
I'm actually going to that game for my Bday as well. It was a present for my GF so i haven't seen the section yet but if i do i'll let you know where i'm sitting.

Garden is expensive so unless your willing to drop alot of money don't buy much inside. A couple good bars that are within walking distance from Penn Station and the Garden are Blarney Stone and Blarney Rock. They are on opposite corners of the of the Garden. Blarney Stone is more like an Irish Pub so its cheaper. Theres also a few Brewerys in the area if your into that stuff. I went to Heartland Brewery in the Empire State building before my last game and i wasn't that impressed.

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
I'm actually going to that game for my Bday as well. It was a present for my GF so i haven't seen the section yet but if i do i'll let you know where i'm sitting.

Garden is expensive so unless your willing to drop alot of money don't buy much inside. A couple good bars that are within walking distance from Penn Station and the Garden are Blarney Stone and Blarney Rock. They are on opposite corners of the of the Garden. Blarney Stone is more like an Irish Pub so its cheaper. Theres also a few Brewerys in the area if your into that stuff. I went to Heartland Brewery in the Empire State building before my last game and i wasn't that impressed.
Yeah man let me know... Thanks for the info... I think the group consensus wants to go to little Italy to eat... I say screw that.. I'm Italian I can cook any of that stuff any time I want.. Id rather go have a beer and have some fun hahahaha. But all in all It should be a great experience... I'm counting down the efffing seconds! Thanks again guys