Best Knicks pick is Terrence Williams sleeper

Kiyaman

Legend
<HR style="COLOR: #989898; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #989898" SIZE=1>
http://sportspolymath.typepad.com/sp...-williams.html

I did'nt watch Louisville this season but the write-up on "Terrence Williams" is the type of player the Knicks needed to draft with last year 6th pick....this guy is the "real deal" a hard-working player that plays to WIN with great skillz at PASSING. I have to do some research on "Terrence Williams" to check out his overall game.

If he is anything like the article states he could be the Knicks SG if his handle is decent plus if he could thread the needle with his passing-skillz.

With a NBA ready player like Terrence....I would resign Nate & Lee who also is hard-working players to put with Duhorn & Chandler in a rotation....using Terrence to develope project Gallo moving without the ball performance into a science....maybe 6.11 Gallo is good for winning games with his speed and three passing guards (Duhon, Nate, and Terrence) hitting him in transition or halfcourt offense at crunchtime.

Big Problems will develope in high price ending contract Q.Rich & Hughes with a player like Terrence Williams performing well and getting the majority of the two players playingtime...

New New York

Quiet Storm
What's the kid's work ethic like?

I ask this of any player we are looking at, if you read scouting reports and watch highlight films every projected lottery pick has the making of an All Star, it really comes down to how much heart they have.

We have like five such examples on our team alone.

I havent given up on Gallo because I think the kid is a hard worker, and he clearly has skill, and is young, that is the making of a good NBA player.

Wilson,Nate, and David Lee were all drafted at the right spot in the draft based on talent, but all three posses a strong work ethic that would in retrospect make them lottery picks in their draft class.

Lastly, take Eddy Curry; talent wise a top 3 pick in his class, work ethic... need I say more?

I dont know how to gauge college talent and how it translates into NBA talent, I knew Andre Miller was going to be a NBA player watching him at New Mexico, but, I also thought the same thing about Ron Mercer when he came out of Kentucky and Ed Obannon out of UCLA! I think what it comes down to is how hard these players work on their games after they get the contract.

metrocard

Legend
I want a franchise baller.

Williams will help a winning team...but I don't see him being a franchise type player, Earl Clark is better than him.

GetRealistic

Starter
I want a franchise baller.

Williams will help a winning team...but I don't see him being a franchise type player, Earl Clark is better than him.

Agreed. If we get F'd in the lottery and drop down, or possibly make a trade where we are picking at around the 15-18 spot i'd be down for Williams but not at the 8th or higher.

Williams kinda reminds me of Jeff Greene. Obviously Green plays a different position but they both are just solid all around players.

Kiyaman

Legend
Great point on the selection of the Top 10 picks b/c Terrence Williams is around the 12th pick in this draft however....for the Knicks Terrence Williams is the best NBA-Ready SG in this draft that would compliment PG-Duhon, SF-Chandler, SF-Gallo, and C-Curry performance.

The Knicks 2009 draft pick have to be a player that compliments the performance of Chandler & Gallo offense/defense....to think or believe we have a chance to get one of the top-5 picks being the 8th lottery team is far-fetch thinking.

Take a good look at our Knick (9-Man) roster before the draft

C-Curry
SF-Jefferies
SF-Harrington
SF-Q.Rich
SF-Chandler
SF-Gallo
SG-Hughes
PG-Duhon
And career ending injury Mobley ($9.5M)

The 9-Man roster above is a very poor rebounding team without David Lee, plus there is no energy guard to start a transition fastbreak on the team without Nate Robinson.
The 2009-10 NBA season will be a tough season to win with so many prominent star players having ending-contracts.
And coach Dantoni first season did not help any by letting Star-Player oponents get season and career highs vs the Knicks which next season they may think the same way about the Knicks.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Great point on the selection of the Top 10 picks b/c Terrence Williams is around the 12th pick in this draft however....for the Knicks Terrence Williams is the best NBA-Ready SG in this draft that would compliment PG-Duhon, SF-Chandler, SF-Gallo, and C-Curry performance.

The Knicks 2009 draft pick have to be a player that compliments the performance of Chandler & Gallo offense/defense....to think or believe we have a chance to get one of the top-5 picks being the 8th lottery team is far-fetch thinking.

Take a good look at our Knick (9-Man) roster before the draft

C-Curry
SF-Jefferies
SF-Harrington
SF-Q.Rich
SF-Chandler
SF-Gallo
SG-Hughes
PG-Duhon
And career ending injury Mobley ($9.5M)

The 9-Man roster above is a very poor rebounding team without David Lee, plus there is no energy guard to start a transition fastbreak on the team without Nate Robinson.
The 2009-10 NBA season will be a tough season to win with so many prominent star players having ending-contracts.
And coach Dantoni first season did not help any by letting Star-Player oponents get season and career highs vs the Knicks which next season they may think the same way about the Knicks.
You've excluded Robinson & Lee without a replacement for either. Give a new scenario before you entertain the thought of being without one or the other. You can't slander an action without a reaction as you seem to think makes you the ko.com anti management genesis!

Kiyaman

Legend
Hows this for input

You've excluded Robinson & Lee without a replacement for either. Give a new scenario before you entertain the thought of being without one or the other. You can't slander an action without a reaction as you seem to think makes you the ko.com anti management genesis!

Pippen would be the best comparrison for Terrence Williams on both sides of the court. Coach Rick Pitino made Terrence NBA Ready.

Being in a rebuilding MODE the guard rotation comes first!
In the 2008 offseason we should've been putting together a guard rotation.

The biggest complaint I'm reading in over 4 major Knick forums is that Terrence Williams is not a 1 to 10 pick. However, as a Knick Fan it does not matter what pick we get out of the Lottery our Knick roster is in desperate need of a defensive big SG-Terrence Williams or an offensive big SG-Henderson, b/c this is the area and position inwhich the Knicks were weak throughout the entire era of Isiah Thomas (Donnie Walsh seen this in his signing of cheap Anthony Roberson and his trade for highly expensive Larry Hughes). Trade down or up....whatever!!!!!

The Knicks will resign Nate Robinson by matching any offer given to him....b/c Nate is a great combo-guard plus has been the best peremeter-shooter on the Knicks the last 3 seasons. Duhon, Nate, Terrence Williams would be a decent guard combination for the regular season.
Hughes & Q.Rich are in the last year of their contract so no matter how great they play the NBA already knows they were not worth half of their previous contract.

The Curry & Terrence combination would be great to have but Donnie Walsh (Alhiemer disease) forgot to get the Clippers first round pick for the Mobley trade (a two season lost).
Or one of the Chicago Bulls picks for taking lockerroom-cancer Larry Hughes disruptive-team behavior out of Chicago (Jerome James, Tim Thomas, and Roberson were all ending contracts before Walsh 2010 plan).
Larry Hughes is the same as Malik Rose, both are great veteran defensive players whom have a big problem wanting to be a scorer at the wrong time (which happen to be every time they are on the court)...

P.S. the Knicks are set at the SF-Position with Wilson Chandler, Harrington, and Gallo.
This draft and offseason the Knicks have to fix their Guard rotation....throughout the regular season and the 2010 offseason the Knicks must go after their Bigmen rotation.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
why cant we draft a PG or C? hell we need another 2guard for? already got 2 projects on the wing(gallinary and wilson)

JayJ44

Starter
why cant we draft a PG or C? hell we need another 2guard for? already got 2 projects on the wing(gallinary and wilson)

Agreed, last thing we need is another wing player. Get a PG to run the offense, or a center to block shots and defend. There aren't a lot of big men in this draft, so we should be looking at PG's.

Kiyaman

Legend
Agreed, last thing we need is another wing player. Get a PG to run the offense, or a center to block shots and defend. There aren't a lot of big men in this draft, so we should be looking at PG's.

The Knicks have two PG's in Duhon & Nate....if we dont resign Nate than we have to select a run n gun PG in this draft for Dantoni.
The majority of Bigmen in this draft are project-bigmen that may take 3 to 4 seasons to develope.
The Knicks wing-players are all SF with bad ball handle and weak in their passing-game.
Larry Hughes is the only ledgit SG on this Knick roster....which u dont want on the court longer than 20 mpg.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

JayJ44

Starter
The Knicks have two PG's in Duhon & Nate....if we dont resign Nate than we have to select a run n gun PG in this draft for Dantoni.
The majority of Bigmen in this draft are project-bigmen that may take 3 to 4 seasons to develope.
The Knicks wing-players are all SF with bad ball handle and weak in their passing-game.
Larry Hughes is the only ledgit SG on this Knick roster....which u dont want on the court longer than 20 mpg.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
Whether we sign Nate or not, we need a true PG who can create his own shot. Ty Lawson would be perfect, since he's excellent in an uptempo style like ours. Duhon is a scrub, he has no future on this team. He's just a stopgap.

Gallo is an excellent passer and ball handler. We're set in the wing positions. Although, you're right, we don't have a true SG besides Hughes (who sucks).

dave2138

Rotation player
Just out of curiousity, what are the negatives of Lawson besides being only 6 ft tall..Everything I read about him sounds like he is the next star PG coming into the league, yet he is still in the 10-15 pick range on most mock drafts. What are we missing?

Kiyaman

Legend
Why are so many Knick-Fans sleeping on Nate Robinson PG skillz?
We seen Marbury, Crawful, and now Duhon hogging the PG position where Nate had to play a SG to get some playingtime.
Plus we been lacking a SG and SF in our rotation throughout Nate's 4 year term with us (Wilson Chandler prove to be the right player for the SF position, it's to bad he had to play alot of the PF and SG position this season.).
Resign Nate and give him SG-Harden (if we get the 1 to 5 pick), or SG-Henderson, or SG-Terrence Williams, along with SF-Wilson Chandler to hold down the 30 mpg fort for two seasons so we could have 41 wins or more each season.

Kiyaman

Legend
I would LUV to get Harden.....but I'm a realist and sticking with the 8th to 10th pick until the "Lottery-Balls" say differ. Harden is a top 3 to 5 pick.

Harden is the SG the Knicks been in need for the last 6 seasons....Straight up B-Ball.

I believe the Knicks have to answer their SG problem with this Lottery pick, anything else is mind-boggling to our situation.
Rebuilding this Knick team around a "NBA-Ready" SG-Harden, or SG-Henderson, or SG-Terrence Williams, would set the tone of the type of future PG needed, and the role of the Bigman center.

This is why we have to hold on to hard hustling winning young players such as PF-Lee, SF-Chandler, SF-Gallo, and PG/SG-Nate for the growth of this Knick team.
The 2010 Plan would mean nothing without these hard working "role-players" putting in their part.

Kiyaman

Legend
Kiyaman...what would you do with 8, a SG or PG?

We have Duhon and Nate as our PG for the next 2 to 4 years untill we can find better (which we wont find any PG better with our 8th pick).
So getting our future SG with the 8th pick would be the best solution for us in this draft. Buying a pick or two would also be a great move along with signing a shooter or rebounder from the D-League.

We need a 3 to 4 guard rotation that can hang with the Eastern Conference best guards. Duhon and Nate did very well this past season and will only show improvement next season.
Larry Hughes is not in our future but could be a great learning tool for our rookie SG this season.

Kiyaman

Legend
It is June 20th

And still the best prospect for the Knicks in this draft class is:

1) Griffin
2) Thabeet
3) Hill
4) Harden
5) Terrence Williams (moving up in draft)

The rest of the HYPE draft products are for the next team, this is a WEAK-DRAFT for more than just one reason...<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message -->

TunerAddict

Starter
It is June 20th

And still the best prospect for the Knicks in this draft class is:

1) Griffin
2) Thabeet
3) Hill
4) Harden
5) Terrence Williams (moving up in draft)

The rest of the HYPE draft products are for the next team, this is a WEAK-DRAFT for more than just one reason...<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message -->

:teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

oh Kiya, you slay me