The Knicks Solution.

bfab99

Benchwarmer
My first created thread here.

And I'd just like to share what I think we should be doing.

I think as a team, we ARE SOFT! We need to be more athletic as a team. Look at Denver. They got Nene, Martin, Billups, JR Smith, Birdman. All athletic guys who combined, is a dangerous team. The Celtics, last year beat the Lakers because as a team, they were stronger and more athletic. Perkins, Poe, Garnett beat on Odom and Gasol. Rondo, Pierce and Allen, owned Kobe, Fisher and Vujavic??? This is also the same reason why the Celtics is beating Orlando now.

Our team in the recent past have been soft. Eddy Curry?!!! He is lazy! He won't rebound and won't d up. Jamal Crawford who couldn't (wouldn't), attack the basket?! Zach Randolph is soft as well. He CAN'T DUNK! Q Richardson who only shoot threes?

And what are we doing to solve this? We get more soft guys. We get Gallinari (not saying, he's a bad player tho, he could be an asset). We get Chris Duhon (another unathletic, average player) Then, our coach tries to make David Lee a SHOOTING power forward instead of a guy who attacks the basket everytime. We trade for Larry Hughes who is only known for jumshots. WE DON'T play Wilcox who is one of the athletic players we have. Look at our roster. The only athletic guys we have is really Nate Robinson, Wilson Chandler, Chris Wilcox. David Lee could be, but our coach wants him to shoot jumpshots.

And what do I hear, NATE ROBINSON might not be resigned this year, and the Knicks are rumored to get Stephen Curry (if we have 8th pick). Another SOFT, only jumpshooting player.

It's not only that our defense is bad. Our offense too. It doesn't matter if we average 100+ points per game. Our way of attacking is not proper. Only shoot 3's??!!! Cmon. The reason why the Suns were successful when Dantoni coached was because they too had athletic guys. They had Amare, Shawn Marion, Barbosa, Raja Bell, Diaw, etc.

We have to be MORE ATHLETIC. So please, Knicks management, don't get another soft guy with our pick this June.

Dirk

Benchwarmer
i think it all went bad when we get rid of mochie noris and we realy miss jorome james 7feets 2 inches 400 pouns of pure steel muscel on the bench

dave2138

Rotation player
If you want athleticism, Chase Budinger would be a good pick in the draft. Arguably the most athletic player in the draft and great shooter as well.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
What we have to do is build our team with well thought out trades and draft picks. We can't just go out and get rid of everyone in one season.the Knicks should be looking for the best possible deals before we try and get rid of "soft" players.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
What to do?

What the Knicks do will depend in part on what happens next Tuesday in the lottery. The Knicks have needs at center, point guard and shooting guard. We will likely end up with the 8th or 9th pick. We can get very lucky and get a top three pick, or very unlucky and get the 11th pick --this would require three teams behind us all to move up to the top three picks. If we don't get in the top 3, the best we can do is the 8th spot. Griffen, Rubio and Thabeet will certainly be gone by then, probably also Jennings.

Lawson intrigues me, but very few "pundits" put him the top ten. I have a feeling that the Knicks will look for a shooting guard. I think they are satisfied with Duhon, at least in the short run

Otherwise the Knicks future depends on whom they sign to contracts that extend beyond 2010. Those currently so signed include Curry, Jeffries, Chandler and Gallinari. The latter two are keepers. Decisions have to be made about Lee and Nate. I think one of them is likely to go. Perhaps we can do a sign and trade in early July, after the draft, and pick up a young point guard -- perhaps the other team's draft pick -- in the process. Assuming, of course, that we do not take a point guard. If not a point guard in this fashion, perhaps a center such as B.J. Mullens.

The rest of the team are either unsigned for 2009-10 or their contracts will run out before 2010-11. Other than possibly Harrington, who has all the talent but does not appear to be much of a team player, and Wilcox if the price is right, I do not see any one else in ths group on the 2010 team.

Kiyaman

Legend
The best solution this Offseason

First things first
This Thread name should've been

What do u expect us to do this offseason?

1) Sign a defensive coordinator to the coaching-staff.

2) Draft what we need the most....a big-guard (SG-Henderson or SG-Terrence), we must buy a 2nd round pick to get a rebounder. Hughes is a one year stop.

3) Have Curry & Gallo in a bigman camp throughout July & August so both are healthy before training camp. Next season main focus is raising the trade-value of Curry.

4) Resign both Nate & Lee, they are the growth of rebuilding this team future. Plus their talent to help out in two positions make this draft selection less complicated to pick.

5) We need to check the players on the trading block of all teams before we select our draft pick and before the FA market arrive.
We have to grab a strong rebounder that can defend the paint (Tyson Chandler or Sean Williams).

Have Curry & Gallo in a bigman camp throughout July & August

metrocard

Legend
If you want athleticism, Chase Budinger would be a good pick in the draft. Arguably the most athletic player in the draft and great shooter as well.

Not even close.

Blake Griffin
Demarcus DeRozan
Gerald Henderson
Terrance Williams
Brandon Jennings
Tyreke Evans
Jeff Teague
Jrue Holliday
Jerel McNeal
DeMarre Carroll

Budinger hangs on the perimeter...doesnt even use his athleticism.

dre48ny

Rotation player
I guess we must wait til tuesday and then we will kind of know what should happen from that point on. We definitely need an athletic floor general and a defensive presence in the middle. N8's fate will be determined after the draft. Kind of sux to be in this spot this season!!

dave2138

Rotation player
Not even close.

Blake Griffin
Demarcus DeRozan
Gerald Henderson
Terrance Williams
Brandon Jennings
Tyreke Evans
Jeff Teague
Jrue Holliday
Jerel McNeal
DeMarre Carroll

Budinger hangs on the perimeter...doesnt even use his athleticism.

eh, depends on who you talk to I guess..that's why I said arguably.

You have to admit he is a freak..He has something like a 47 inch vertical leap. He is definitely in the same league as those guys you just mentioned, and my opinion he is at the top. He would have been on US olympic volleyball team had he chose that over basketball...However, almost everyone of those guys proved to use their athleticism to their advantage more basketball wise which is why Budinger is a late lottery pick, not top 3. I think he will be a steal though late lottery, because he has all the skills to be great role player..just needs to toughen up some.

TunerAddict

Starter
eh, depends on who you talk to I guess..that's why I said arguably.

You have to admit he is a freak..He has something like a 47 inch vertical leap. He is definitely in the same league as those guys you just mentioned, and my opinion he is at the top. He would have been on US olympic volleyball team had he chose that over basketball...However, almost everyone of those guys proved to use their athleticism to their advantage more basketball wise which is why Budinger is a late lottery pick, not top 3. I think he will be a steal though late lottery, because he has all the skills to be great role player..just needs to toughen up some.

I wouldn't say something as high 47, but Chase can definitely jump out of the gym. I'd say in the 40s.

CoolClyde

Deeeeeeefense Deeeeeeeelee Dirk

First things first
This Thread name should've been

What do u expect us to do this offseason?

1) Sign a defensive coordinator to the coaching-staff.

2) Draft what we need the most....a big-guard (SG-Henderson or SG-Terrence), we must buy a 2nd round pick to get a rebounder. Hughes is a one year stop.

3) Have Curry & Gallo in a bigman camp throughout July & August so both are healthy before training camp. Next season main focus is raising the trade-value of Curry.

4) Resign both Nate & Lee, they are the growth of rebuilding this team future. Plus their talent to help out in two positions make this draft selection less complicated to pick.

5) We need to check the players on the trading block of all teams before we select our draft pick and before the FA market arrive.
We have to grab a strong rebounder that can defend the paint (Tyson Chandler or Sean Williams).

Dream on, Kiyaman.

1) No-D'Antoni will never admit to needing a defensive coordinator, he is an offense first and last coach. one of the main reasons he left Phoenix, as Steve Kerr wanted to force a DC on him

2) we need a center we need a center we need a center... and a true PG

3) have Curry in lose-weight camp from now to next season. good idea for the cock to put some muscle on

4) Lee and N8 playing together next season is another dream. we can't afford both, no matter how you cut it. Walsh would be executive of the year if he can make that happen, either one of them will be bait for ridding Knicks of a 2010 contract, according to PLAN A

5) agreed

I totally agree with this thread, how the Knicks are soft, and need to get tough, but that entire idea is predicated on being a defensive squadron, not the current offensive 7-second No-D'Antoni idea of BS-ball.

where's Moochie Norris when you need him, Dirk?

Kiyaman

Legend
Dream on, Kiyaman.

1) No-D'Antoni will never admit to needing a defensive coordinator, he is an offense first and last coach. one of the main reasons he left Phoenix, as Steve Kerr wanted to force a DC on him

2) we need a center we need a center we need a center... and a true PG

3) have Curry in lose-weight camp from now to next season. good idea for the cock to put some muscle on

4) Lee and N8 playing together next season is another dream. we can't afford both, no matter how you cut it. Walsh would be executive of the year if he can make that happen, either one of them will be bait for ridding Knicks of a 2010 contract, according to PLAN A

5) agreed

I totally agree with this thread, how the Knicks are soft, and need to get tough, but that entire idea is predicated on being a defensive squadron, not the current offensive 7-second No-D'Antoni idea of BS-ball.

where's Moochie Norris when you need him, Dirk?

Now u know why I call him a Celebrity Coach (he is an offense first & last coach, defense is repulsive to his coaching style), after getting swept in the first round he was finished in Phoenix....Donnie Walsh is so far from getting the excutive of the year award in the next 3 seasons of his contract it will be a miracle if he even last through his 4 year contract. Especially if he dont find away to resign Nate & Lee (MSG Fan Favorites).
The Knicks upstairs office dont put the blame of drafting Gallo on coach Dantoni....inwhich young SF-Wilson Chandler and PF-David Lee talents are 100 times better than Gallo at the SF/PF position in the NBA. Donnie Walsh gets that blame personally.

The Knicks cant afford to mess up this 2009 draft pick like they did last year when the last player the team needed was another Foward at either positions....the Knicks cant....and I said cant draft the best available player at their selection in this draft without having a trade proposal first. They have to draft a player that will forefill one of the weak areas inwhich Donnie Walsh (not Isiah) has put so many weak holes in this team trying to do the impossible of lowering a $100M salary cap into a $20M salary cap in two years.
Unloading Curry & Jefferies contracts during 2010-11 season (combined) $18.5M is impossible without getting back the same in return.

How many decent FA will accept a one year MLE contract this offseason?

paris401

Starter
Then, our coach tries to make David Lee a SHOOTING power forward instead of a guy who attacks the basket everytime. .

i doubt di antoni is trying to make lee into a shooter... lee can't hit the broad side of a barn.. on a good day...