• Hell Yeah!

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Hell No!

Votes: 17 81.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

____I♥NY____

Benchwarmer
Wait ... will Madison Square Garden actually be filled with cheers on Draft Night? Newsday (via Canis Hoopus) reports Stephen Curry has canceled all but one workout after a splendid visit with the Knicks. New York picks No. 8 in the June 25 draft. The cancellations include ... Minnesota, who picks No. 6. Gulp!

Curry obviously has confidence he will not fall below the Knicks, and he obviously would rather Minnesota keep its grubby paws off him. The kid did keep his date with the Wizards (who pick No. 5), presumably because he thinks it'd be swell to be in playoff contention next year. Minnesota had planned to work out Curry with three point guard prospects who came together in Sacramento Friday afternoon: Jrue Holiday, Jonny Flynn and Brandon Jennings. Jennings used the workout as an opportunity to tell the world that Ricky Rubio is "all hype." (You must watch that video.)

Done Deal. Curry is ours. The kid will bring some hype out in Gotham City!!!!

Not another bust like Danilo!

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Washington will draft him before us. Doesn't matter to me though. I just hope we don't trade up to get him. I don't think he will be a good NBA PG. He will be a scoring spark off the bench, like Ben Gordon or Nate Robinson.

Funny that Jennings thinks Rubio is all hype. Even after Rubio heavily outplayed him when they went head to head. And Rubio had a fractured wrist then too. He's just jealous.

skelos

Rookie
____I♥NY____;94516 said:
Done Deal. Curry is ours. The kid will bring some hype out in Gotham City!!!!

How can u say he will not be a bust b4 he even played in a single game. Danilo looked ok last season given his back situation and coming from someone who had chronic back problems i had a hard time getting out of bed somedays becasue my back killed me. So u have to hold off on the judgement until he gets a full run

TunerAddict

Starter
I find it funny to see all these "knick fans" who are rooting against our lottery pick from last year.

Hey guys, go **** yourselves.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
____I♥NY____;94516 said:
Done Deal. Curry is ours. The kid will bring some hype out in Gotham City!!!!<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
I haven't been following the draft closely, and I'm not very knowledgeable, when it comes to college players, so I can't comment on some of these guys. All I can say is, after seeing him play, Rubio is all hype; and, by the way, don't listen to tuneraddict's flaming (a bad habit of his): Gallinari was a bust, in many people's eyes. In my opinion, he was a bust before he was even a bust, because he should have never been drafted so high. <br />
<br />
5hit, I just got home from Applebee's, and it was disgusting. I'll go have an entire course of that "food," next season, if this guy comes back and plays well. I have a strange feeling that I won't have to.<br />
<br />
The guy can't jump, lacks athleticism, he's stiff, slow and can't even dribble the ball. So, unless he had a back problem that affects the legs, feet, neck and arms, he showed us that he sucks. We missed out on a chance to draft Brook Lopez, Dwight Howard's future #1 rival... but D'Antoni had to draft his nephew. Oh well...<br />
<br />
And it's not about rooting for him to fail: we've had other busts and no one got upset about them being selected by the Knicks, it's about Gallinari's arrogance, demanding to be drafted by a New York area team. It's about D'Antoni signing a guy with family/friend connections. And it's about passing over better talent for a guy that, at best, is raw talent. Our highest pick, in a long time, and in a deep draft, should not have been wasted like this.

Last edited:

____I♥NY____

Benchwarmer
Biggest Bust in Knick History.

Don't even lie about Gallo showing promise. Have you seen him on defense? Are all of you guys blind. Just stepping into a three and chucking it up doesn't show one bit of promise. Name 10 positives that he had this year. I can name ten of Brook Lopez heck, I can name 10 of Robin Lopez.

Gallo will never be a starting PF in his years as a Knick. He can at best be a 6th man Small Forward.

Don't get me wrong, I never said he is a bad player. He isn't 6th pick material. More like a 10-15 pick. Brook Lopez, Jerryd Bayless, Eric Gordon, and DJ Augistin had excellent rookie seasons.

We could have also pick Anthony Randolph and no one would have been crying right now for a shot blocker.

If Gallo makes next year's rookie sophomore game I will stop complaining but for now in my eyes I see bust written over him.

Anyways if Curry is drafted I'm sure he will have 10-17 points and go on to have a great career.

JayJ44

Starter
____I♥NY____;94537 said:
Don't even lie about Gallo showing promise. Have you seen him on defense? Are all of you guys blind. Just stepping into a three and chucking it up doesn't show one bit of promise. Name 10 positives that he had this year. I can name ten of Brook Lopez heck, I can name 10 of Robin Lopez.

Name ten positives? That's a pretty stupid way to judge a player but ok.
1. Shooting- Self explanatory.
2. Passing- The ball moved much more efficiently while he was on the floor.
3. Defense-If you watched the games, you would know that his defense was pretty impressive, considering he was playing on a bad back. He picked off a lot of passes, and just played smart defense.
4. Basketball IQ- He made smart decisions on the court. He always made the right play. The difference in watching Gallo's b-ball IQ, and guys like Chandler and Nate is astounding.
5. Leadership- Even as a rookie, you could see the way he lead the team. He encouraged our guys, he was calling out plays, he was directing guys on defense.
6. Versatility- Throughout the year, he played the SG, SF, and PF. He can play PG too, if need be.
7. Creating his own shot- Gallo was able to create his own shot pretty well. You people say that all he did was shoot open 3's, which is inaccurate. Most of his shots came off the dribble, or came through his superior use of the jab step.
8. Ball-handling- For a 6'10 guy, his ball handling was very impressive. He's able to execute crossovers, behind the back dribbles, hesitation moves.
9. Maturity- For a 20 year old, he's extremely mature on and off the court. This comes from him being a professional since he was 15 years old.
10. Energy- Whenever he came off the bench, the whole team was energized. The crown got into the game, and we played better. I remember that after he was shut down for the season, we played much worse, and lost more games.

Look at the way he can make shots off balance. His jab step that he uses to create space. Look at the defense he plays on Amare and Shaq.

Look at the use of the behind the back dribble, then makes a tough shot. The look away pass, fooling the defense. His confidence and ability on the court is amazing. Look at his use of the head fake after the rebound. David Lee has been in the league for years, and he still can't figure out how to use a head fake.

____I♥NY____;94537 said:
Gallo will never be a starting PF in his years as a Knick. He can at best be a 6th man Small Forward.

Do you have anything to support this, or are you just spewing crap with no information to back it up? Gallo will be a starter, possibly as soon as next year. He's the smartest player we have and our best shooter. I would be surprised if he wasn't a regular starter by February of next year.

____I♥NY____;94537 said:
Don't get me wrong, I never said he is a bad player. He isn't 6th pick material. More like a 10-15 pick. Brook Lopez, Jerryd Bayless, Eric Gordon, and DJ Augistin had excellent rookie seasons.

We could have also pick Anthony Randolph and no one would have been crying right now for a shot blocker.

Jerryd Bayless hasn't done anything in the NBA yet. He couldn't get playing time over Sergio Rodriguez and Steve Blake. Eric Gordon is a cancerous chucker. We've had enough of those guys the past couple years. Lopez and Augustin are good players, but I would rather have Gallo. Anthony Randolph is like 12 years old, he's the biggest project that went in the lottery.

____I♥NY____;94537 said:
If Gallo makes next year's rookie sophomore game I will stop complaining but for now in my eyes I see bust written over him.

I'm not sure why the rookie-sophmore game matters to you. He'll probably make it, but it seems weird that you make judgments on who some random NBA officials decide are worthy of playing in a rookie-sophmore game. I would think you can make judgments by yourself from watching the games.

____I♥NY____;94537 said:
Anyways if Curry is drafted I'm sure he will have 10-17 points and go on to have a great career.

Maybe, but I think he's more likely to be a bust. He's too weak to play SG. It's yet to be seen whether or not he has the passing ability and court vision to play PG in the NBA. At best, he'll probably end up as a scorer off the bench like Nate, Ben Gordon, etc.

Last edited:
yeah if gallo got 20 shots a night he would average 20 pnts a night easily.

he can get any shot he wants on the court, but has enough poise to know when to shoot and when to pass. when to penetrate and when to give the ball up

im pretty happy with our pick last year

none of the other rookies picked ahead of him had to play with as many other scorers as he had to,

I mean your telling me oj mayo would avg 20 a game on this team

not with harrington chandler, nate, lee, duhon, hughes, and q rich to share the ball with.

dre48ny

Rotation player
t's unfair to call Gallo a bust.
This season he will show why he was drafted 6th. I still have faith, he looks like he has a lot of potential.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
3. Defense-If you watched the games, you would know that his defense was pretty impressive, considering he was playing on a bad back. He picked off a lot of passes, and just played smart defense.
4. Basketball IQ- He made smart decisions on the court. He always made the right play. The difference in watching Gallo's b-ball IQ, and guys like Chandler and Nate is astounding.
5. Leadership- Even as a rookie, you could see the way he lead the team. He encouraged our guys, he was calling out plays, he was directing guys on defense.
6. Versatility- Throughout the year, he played the SG, SF, and PF. He can play PG too, if need be.
7. Creating his own shot- Gallo was able to create his own shot pretty well. You people say that all he did was shoot open 3's, which is inaccurate. Most of his shots came off the dribble, or came through his superior use of the jab step.
8. Ball-handling- For a 6'10 guy, his ball handling was very impressive. He's able to execute crossovers, behind the back dribbles, hesitation moves.
9. Maturity- For a 20 year old, he's extremely mature on and off the court. This comes from him being a professional since he was 15 years old.
10. Energy- Whenever he came off the bench, the whole team was energized. The crown got into the game, and we played better. I remember that after he was shut down for the season, we played much worse, and lost more games.

Look at the way he can make shots off balance. His jab step that he uses to create space. Look at the defense he plays on Amare and Shaq.

Look at the use of the behind the back dribble, then makes a tough shot. The look away pass, fooling the defense. His confidence and ability on the court is amazing. Look at his use of the head fake after the rebound. David Lee has been in the league for years, and he still can't figure out how to use a head fake.

Do you have anything to support this, or are you just spewing crap with no information to back it up? Gallo will be a starter, possibly as soon as next year. He's the smartest player we have and our best shooter. I would be surprised if he wasn't a regular starter by February of next year.

Jerryd Bayless hasn't done anything in the NBA yet. He couldn't get playing time over Sergio Rodriguez and Steve Blake. Eric Gordon is a cancerous chucker. We've had enough of those guys the past couple years. Lopez and Augustin are good players, but I would rather have Gallo. Anthony Randolph is like 12 years old, he's the biggest project that went in the lottery.

I'm not sure why the rookie-sophmore game matters to you. He'll probably make it, but it seems weird that you make judgments on who some random NBA officials decide are worthy of playing in a rookie-sophmore game. I would think you can make judgments by yourself from watching the games.

Maybe, but I think he's more likely to be a bust. He's too weak to play SG. It's yet to be seen whether or not he has the passing ability and court vision to play PG in the NBA. At best, he'll probably end up as a scorer off the bench like Nate, Ben Gordon, etc.

In the words of Metro, this is a crisp ass post.

Anthony Randolph WAS a prospect. And he is a good talent i'd love to have. The bad thing is, he plays for GOLDEN STATE. and what the hell do they do? They have so much talent, and can't utilize it. One day, randolph gets 7 and 8 with 2 blocks. The next game, he would play 6 or 7 minutes. He is consistent when he gets playing time.

Jerryd Bayless has a bright future. He did break out in one game. Also, he cant do much cuz of his playing time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PANPIaDZ7ZQ

Gallo had mad potential, you can't deny it. He had an injury, he will come back healthy next season.
I'd like to see what he can do if he plays 70+ games.

____I♥NY____

Benchwarmer

With all due respect Jay, the ten that you gave don't happen a whole lot. I went to 19 court side games this year. He has the slowest rotation you will ever see. Fans are tired of it, people are yelling at him to play defense, he just looks at the man dribbling unaware that his man is rotating. I've only see him pass like twice a game. He just chucks up a wild three. IQ? If he had IQ I'm pretty sure he wouldn't watch people dribbling. The only leadership on the defensive end of the court was done by Larry Hughes. He was the one directing all players on defense. And Energy, is just absurd. Look at the difference between Nate and Gallo. When Nate enters, that's whats called energy. People are chanting, waving their hands, that's energy. The only game that Gallo was good in this year was the one against the Hawks and that's about it.

You call that defense? Getting help from your Team is not defense at all. And you're talking about the Grizzlies. THE G-R-I-Z-Z-L-I-E-S. A team that recently been ranked as the worst NBA franchise.

Spewing Crap. You're the one spewing crap. You are like a hose that spews crap instead of water. He will not be a starter for sure. You're sucking him way tooo much.

The rookie-sophomore game is the best rookies and sophomores from the league. That's why Chandler was in it. He is a great sophomore! He can shoot and he can drive.

And Stephen Curry are you crazy? He is an excellent player. I'm sure you read where Mike D'antoni didn't allow him because Allan Houston didn't want to be the 2nd best shooter.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
____I♥NY____;94537 said:

I agree. Gallinari was a player the Knicks should not have drafted, because the team already had 5 small forwards, prior to drafting him. One of those small forwards was a good role player(Renaldo Balkman) and one of those small forwards proved to have a solid offensive and defensive game(Wilson Chandler).

I do not know if Gallinari is going to play well in the future, but from what I have seen, he seems to be a bad defender and a below average rebounder. His only strength appears to be his 3 point shot. He might get better, but even if he does, the Knicks did not need a small forward, when they drafted him, and the Knicks are still not in need of a small forward. Al Harrington and Wilson Chandler are talented enough to fill the small forward spot.

The Knicks should have drafted Brook Lopez, because the Knicks do not have a shotblocking center. Eddy Curry proved he was a one dimensional scrub, and Jerome James proved to be an overpaid bum. The Knicks clearly needed an improvement at the center position, more than any other position.

Hasheem Thabeet might be a good pick for the Knicks, but he is clearly not as versatile as Brook Lopez. Stephen Curry would make a good shooting guard, to replace Larry "Mickey Mouse" Hughes and Quentin "Q-Hitch" Richardson.

JayJ44

Starter
____I♥NY____;94551 said:
With all due respect Jay, the ten that you gave don't happen a whole lot. I went to 19 court side games this year. He has the slowest rotation you will ever see. Fans are tired of it, people are yelling at him to play defense, he just looks at the man dribbling unaware that his man is rotating. I've only see him pass like twice a game. He just chucks up a wild three. IQ? If he had IQ I'm pretty sure he wouldn't watch people dribbling. The only leadership on the defensive end of the court was done by Larry Hughes. He was the one directing all players on defense. And Energy, is just absurd. Look at the difference between Nate and Gallo. When Nate enters, that's whats called energy. People are chanting, waving their hands, that's energy. The only game that Gallo was good in this year was the one against the Hawks and that's about it.

You call that defense? Getting help from your Team is not defense at all. And you're talking about the Grizzlies. THE G-R-I-Z-Z-L-I-E-S. A team that recently been ranked as the worst NBA franchise.

Spewing Crap. You're the one spewing crap. You are like a hose that spews crap instead of water. He will not be a starter for sure. You're sucking him way tooo much.

The rookie-sophomore game is the best rookies and sophomores from the league. That's why Chandler was in it. He is a great sophomore! He can shoot and he can drive.

And Stephen Curry are you crazy? He is an excellent player. I'm sure you read where Mike D'antoni didn't allow him because Allan Houston didn't want to be the 2nd best shooter.

I didn't say his defense was perfect. But he gave a lot of effort, and was improving as the season went on. He's a rookie, he needs to get used to NBA defense (which he will). Also, his back hindered his movement a lot.

You've only seen him pass twice a game? Did you watch the games? He was really the only guy on our team besides Duhon that looked to pass before shoot.

"Chucks up a wild three" None of his threes were "wild." He's not like Crawford. He shot 45% from 3 pt range, so why are you complaining about him shooting 3's?

Anyone who knows about basketball, knows that Gallo has a high b-ball IQ. He always took advantage of mismatches, for himself and his teammates. I remember one play against the Hawks, where he had Zaza on him. Knowing that he could take him off the dribble, he pulled a hesitation dribble and created space for a 3. There are many, many other examples but that's just 1.

Gallo directed the players a lot too, both on offense on defense.

Every time Gallo got on the floor, the crowd got excited. Every time he made a 3, the crowd went crazy. You can't deny this.

Considering he was guarding Amare Stoudemire, that was pretty good defense. He blocked Shaq's shot, so yes, I call blocked shots defense. Who gives a shit if it's against the Grizzlies? Being able to pull off that move against any NBA team is impressive.

No, I don't spew crap. But good job repeating the exact same thing I said to you. Very creative. Gallo will most likely be a starter, who would start over him, Q-Rich? :lol: Gallo will prove himself next year, and work his way into the starting lineup.

Actually Chandler can't shoot. He shot 30% from 3 pt range. He can drive, but he doesn't do it nearly often enough. Considering how athletic he is, he shoots way too many jumpers. He's just not aggressive enough. But my point was that the rookie-soph game shouldn't be your criteria for his performance. It should be how he plays.

As for Stephen Curry, we all know he can shoot. But can he handle the PG duties of an NBA team? Is he strong enough to compete at the next level? Is he a defensive liability? These are all concerns about him. He might end up to be a good player, but I'm not a fan personally.

Streetdreams, thanks. I like Randolph and Bayless too, I think that they will have good careers. But neither of them have done anything yet to warrant acting like we missed out on picking them.

skelos

Rookie
____I♥NY____;94551 said:

I'm not sure what game you were at but everytime gallo entered i could sense the energy rise in the building. everytime he shot a three everyones at the tip of their seats ready to explode. Gallo has done much more than i expected him to do on his back. Maybe you never had back problems but i could tell you that you will be a step slower especially trying to guard someone driving at you its hard to turn. I've had it for years before I got it fixed and i could tell u i have a quicker first step. we should reserve judgement on gallo until we see him at 100%.

Curry is a talented player but he played against weaker competion excepth for their ncaa tournament run but he played off the ball so until he's a pro we don't know what kind of player he would be.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
It's true that the guy might turn out to be a solid roleplayer, or even a good supporting star for some team's primary player. However, chances are it's not going to happen, based on how easily he got injured and the fact that, though he was successful at creating shots a few times, he mostly became a liability, whenever he tried to move with the ball: dude was stripped so many times it's not even funny.

He eventually figured that out and stopped driving. After that, he mainly concentrated on shooting threes, mainly while left open. After a while, teams started to figure out that this was what he was good at and started to get up on him, as a result he had some bad shooting nights, even from three. I think you all know that.

As for defense, he definitely showed no aptitude for the PF position. I think many of us remember him being called out, after teams would just go at him, often with success. At most, Gallo's a 3. I really think that, even the 3 is not a great position for him, because many 3's are just slightly taller guards, with foot-speed that could blaze past him. Other 3's can outmuscle him.

I'm going to wait. Maybe he'll become a better player, but my biggest issue is with how he got here: arrogance: making demands on wanting to be here, which, when taken into account with D'Antoni's relationship to his father, seems f'd up. If that's how he gets here, then you better play good to make up for it. Had he just been some guy who got picked for some other reason, even a stupid one, I'd have just left him alone, blamed D'Antoni and would have accepted the mistake.

Ewing, Jr. is better than this guy, and screw the videos. You can find videos of Shawn Bradley that make him look like the GOAT.

This is a move you can't find Gallinari doing...

Ewing, Jr. > Gallo
amd_ewing-dunks.jpg
Foghorn%20Leghorn%20logo.gif