Legend
I really want to know.

Both 88' babies.
Both PG/SG
Both 6"3
Both have same standing reach at 8"1
Both have same exact wingspan at 6' 3.5"
Both have same bench press at 10 reps

Bayless has superior agility, sprint speed, body fat, vertical leap and weights 204 pounds.
While Curry is inferior in those aspects and weights only 180 pounds.

Lets check out their weakness via draftexpress

Curry
- Not a true point guard
- Out of control at times
- Shot-selection
- Stuck between 1 and 2
- Ability to defend position at next level?
- Lateral quickness
- Versatility to defend multiple positions
- Limited upside?
- Backup/Fringe Starter?
- College system makes him difficult to evaluate
- Average athleticism
- Average size
- Average wingspan
- Frail frame
- Relies too heavily on outside shot

Bayless
- Decision making
- Dominant ball-handler
- Not a true point guard
- Shot-selection
- Stuck between 1 and 2
- Left hand
- Ability to defend position at next level?
- Ability to fight through screens
- Did not win in college
- Not ready to contribute immediately
- Average wingspan
- Size for position

Bayless' first year in the NCAA wasn't bad at all for a freshman
20 ppg
40% 3pt
4 assist
that was in the Pac-10 also where he had to go against elite competition so his stats are more valued.

It took Curry 3 years of college to even get over the 4 assist mark...

They say Bayless' downfall would be his inability to lead an offense.
You could say the same about Curry.

So why is Curry so hyped up in this draft?
What makes him so different?
If Bayless stayed another year, what pick in this draft would he be? Behind Griffin?

Honestly, its all hype due to lack of superstar talent in the draft.
Gurantee Curry wouldn't be getting this much hype if more freshmen stayed in their college for their sophmore year from last yrs draft.

JayJ44

Starter
Good point metro. Curry has been extremely overrated for awhile now. Last year, Curry probably wouldn't go in the lottery. I wish Monroe, Warren, Aldrich, etc stayed in the draft. This draft is weak, so players are getting hyped who don't really deserve it.

mafra

Legend
Well, for one thing, Lebron likes Curry.... "text" buddies. LOL!

Anyway, to be fair.... Curry has a lethal jumpshot.... gets it off qucikly as well. Bayless isn't even in the same league as Curry in that regard.

With Danillo & Curry on the perimeter, and Lebron driving and kicking, well I think that is the plan....

I would say, it would be REALLY smart to grab Terrence Williams if we draft Curry. He's big, strong, can handle the ball, defend, do the dirty work.... All that stuff. Would compliment Curry very well.

All I know, if Newsday-Daily News care correct.... if we draft Jrue Holiday.... I'll be sick! That is one MAJOR reach.

At the very least, Curry will be a perfect perimeter scoring threat, knocking down 3-pointers.

BUT, I do think his size might be a problem.

Still, I watched him shred the Duke defense, and they basically tried to let anyone else beat them.... He scored 27 points. They tried everything to stop him, and Duke has a solid defensive team.

AND, finally.... Curry has NO PROBLEM taking/making the last-second shot.

metrocard

Legend
Bayless shot 40% in Arizona...Curry has a great jumpshot, but why do people act like Bayless can't become a great 3pt shooter also? The potential is there.

IMO...Bayless is better than Curry. Curry is made hyped, dude has a good game and no one can forget about...like he's not suppose to be good, like he's some autistic miracle child balling his ass out and everyone is praising him.

mafra

Legend
So Bayless can improve his game but Curry can't?

The one quality Curry has over Bayless.... RIGHT NOW.... he does something really well, almost better than anyone else in the world (and certainly better than anyone in this draft)- he can flat out shoot the rock.

In basketball, in case you forgot, shooting the ball helps you win.

Bayless is fast.... WOW.... he's an athlete they want to convert into a basketball player. Wake me when that happens.

Curry, at the very least, can come off the bench and drain 3-pointers.... even clutch shots. This isn't Jamal Crawford.... Curry is a Reggie Miller type....

I'm not saying Curry is the best player to come out of college in eons, but he is one of the better shooters.... He wont be a bust.

AND, he can dribble, he is quick, he has good court vision, comes from a basketball family.

SO, I'll take the word from guys like Larry Brown, and coaches who played against Curry (like Capel).... over the word of people on this message board.

metrocard

Legend
IMO...Curry is really at his peak, type of guy who won't change much from his freshman season in the NBA to his 7th; but thats just my opinion.

Yea yea...Curry is the greatest shooter to ever touch a basketball...thats what they said about Reddick.

If you were a true Curry supporter, you would bring up his ability to get to the basket rather than shoot.

But then again, that came to an end when Curry got owned by Patty Mills, who will be a better NBA player than Curry.

Curry even hasn't a lick of summerleague minutes...but is being compared to a hall of famer? Who played a different position?

Eh, pretty stupid to me.

We will look back at this time, and laugh at people like you(as we do now) for overhyping such a one dimensional prospect like Curry.

Curry's best attribute is scoring.
Thats it.
He isn't going to win you games with his passing, defense, boards, etc etc etc.

Score and shoot.
Good bench player, at best.

Eddie House 2.0

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
IMO...Curry is really at his peak, type of guy who won't change much from his freshman season in the NBA to his 7th; but thats just my opinion.

Yea yea...Curry is the greatest shooter to ever touch a basketball...thats what they said about Reddick.

If you were a true Curry supporter, you would bring up his ability to get to the basket rather than shoot.

But then again, that came to an end when Curry got owned by Patty Mills, who will be a better NBA player than Curry.

Curry even hasn't a lick of summerleague minutes...but is being compared to a hall of famer? Who played a different position?

Eh, pretty stupid to me.

We will look back at this time, and laugh at people like you(as we do now) for overhyping such a one dimensional prospect like Curry.

Thats it.

Score and shoot.

Eddie House 2.0

Good post

He compared a 6'8 guard (Miller) to a 6'3 guard (curry)? :lol: That's some bullshit. Curry will have a difficult time getting his shot off against the bigger and stronger defenders that play in the NBA. He will definitely get blocked on a consistent basis.

Blas

Benchwarmer
You are probably right, will get Curry.

I think we will be ok though. He is a Curry and his family has had a lot of success in Bball... kind of like the Mannings in Football =).

nyk_nyk

All Star
I have no problem with Curry. I've watched him play alot and he's clutch with his shot. What makes him good is that he can still score under pressure even when teams are sending two and sometimes 3 guys at him. He was moved to the PG spot in his last season and he did well distributing the ball and still scoring. I don't think mafra was comparing Curry to Miller in terms of physical attributes. He clearly was describing the way in which they score. Miller was a deadly shooter who could get to the ft line as well, just like Curry. If Curry is selcted by the knicks it won't be the worst thing in the world. He would thrive in D'Antoni's offense.

metrocard

Legend
Curry from my perspective seems to fit in the college game more than the NBA game.

Guys like Curry, Hansbrough, Reddick etc...all work in the college system.
Just my opinion, which always turns out to be correct.

mafra

Legend

Eh, pretty stupid to me.

Thats it.

Score and shoot.

Eddie House 2.0

First of all, I just knew a few of you would jump at the size disparity between Curry & Miller.... LOL; I was referring to their ability to shoot (take & make the big shoot). I realizes it helped MIller to be 4 inches taller- BUT FOLKS, the NBA was different back then.

Ever hear of HAND CHECKING?

NBA was way more physical then. NOW, you can barely touch a guy.... SO, Curry will be able to put the ball on the floor and blow by a guy if he gets too close.

PLUS, he doesn't just have a good jumper, but he shoots it QUICKLY. This will help him avoid getting stuffed.

ANYWAY, I'm not hyping Curry up or saying he'll be a HOF player, or even a viable productive starter.... All I am saying is this:

Curry will have his role in the NBA, even if it's just being a sharp shooter.

Redick was always an under-achiever. He was a bust his first 2 years at Duke, was too much into partying and all that, had a BIG ego, and wasn't willing to work. He turned it around, but you cannot even compare Curry's heart & work ethic to Redick. IMHO, which isn;t always right like yours, of course, but has gotten me this far in life.

SO, when it comes to Curry.... I would prefer getting something, than risk taking a bust. WE DO NOT NEED CURRY TO BE A STAR.

If the plan works, we'll have Lebron, Danilo, Bosh, Chandler.... we need Curry to hit the 3.... THAT'S IT.

Sure, I guess I take Rubio.... Other than that, EVEN EVANS is no lock. AND, in case you didn't notice- Eddie House plays an important role on a championship team.

As for your opinion.... well, not for nothing, but if Larry Brown raves about Curry's passing game.... Well, forgive me if I take his word over yours.

JayJ44

Starter
First of all, I just knew a few of you would jump at the size disparity between Curry & Miller.... LOL; I was referring to their ability to shoot (take & make the big shoot). I realizes it helped MIller to be 4 inches taller- BUT FOLKS, the NBA was different back then.

NBA was way more physical then. NOW, you can barely touch a guy.... SO, Curry will be able to put the ball on the floor and blow by a guy if he gets too close.

PLUS, he doesn't just have a good jumper, but he shoots it QUICKLY. This will help him avoid getting stuffed.

ANYWAY, I'm not hyping Curry up or saying he'll be a HOF player, or even a viable productive starter.... All I am saying is this:

Curry will have his role in the NBA, even if it's just being a sharp shooter.

Redick was always an under-achiever. He was a bust his first 2 years at Duke, was too much into partying and all that, had a BIG ego, and wasn't willing to work. He turned it around, but you cannot even compare Curry's heart & work ethic to Redick. IMHO, which isn;t always right like yours, of course, but has gotten me this far in life.

SO, when it comes to Curry.... I would prefer getting something, than risk taking a bust. WE DO NOT NEED CURRY TO BE A STAR.

If the plan works, we'll have Lebron, Danilo, Bosh, Chandler.... we need Curry to hit the 3.... THAT'S IT.

Sure, I guess I take Rubio.... Other than that, EVEN EVANS is no lock. AND, in case you didn't notice- Eddie House plays an important role on a championship team.

As for your opinion.... well, not for nothing, but if Larry Brown raves about Curry's passing game.... Well, forgive me if I take his word over yours.

Curry can't blow by anyone because he's slow and has very little athleticism. He has no blow by ability.

We can draft Curry, because we might get Lebron? Why the hell would we base our draft decisions on a guy who isn't on our team?

With the 8th pick, we need our pick to be more than Eddie House. Why should we waste it on a spot up shooter?

mafra

Legend
Curry can't blow by anyone because he's slow and has very little athleticism. He has no blow by ability.

We can draft Curry, because we might get Lebron? Why the hell would we base our draft decisions on a guy who isn't on our team?

With the 8th pick, we need our pick to be more than Eddie House. Why should we waste it on a spot up shooter?

OK, what player left at 8 is a lock to be a very good player? That's the issue here. Would I take Curry over Griffin, Thabeet or Rubio? NO. I probably even take Flynn or Evans (although Evans has ZERO athleticism).

Jrue Holiday is a lock to be better? Jennings? C'mon...

What I like about Curry is he does have ONE NBA skill.... He also fits into out system. I WOULD'T trad eup for him.... BUT, again.... who else is a better fit for NYK?

JayJ44

Starter
OK, what player left at 8 is a lock to be a very good player? That's the issue here. Would I take Curry over Griffin, Thabeet or Rubio? NO. I probably even take Flynn or Evans (although Evans has ZERO athleticism).

Jrue Holiday is a lock to be better? Jennings? C'mon...

What I like about Curry is he does have ONE NBA skill.... He also fits into out system. I WOULD'T trad eup for him.... BUT, again.... who else is a better fit for NYK?

Evans has no athleticism? Robert Vaden begs to differ:

Lawson>Curry, I would much rather have Lawson. He's a winner and lead UNC to the championship. When Lawson didn't play, UNC didn't win. He's strong, fast, and has great PG skills. Unlike Curry, who's just a shooter.

metrocard

Legend
Miller was in the NBA not too long...you're acting like Miller played in the 70s.
Curry is nothing like Miller, even in terms of shooting. Really a sad a comparison only a stan would do. Only thing sadder than it is your love letters to Stephy Curry.
Miller is the greatest shooter of all time, Curry was a great shooter in college, but you need to hold your dick and don't bust a nut yet for Curry until he proves he can be clutch in the most elite basketball association in the planet. When Curry produces in the NBA...thats when you make the comparisons.
You seem like one of those simple minded people who easily fall into the hype and get really hard headed and stubborn when you hear the opposite, as if you can't handle you was lied to you. Don't worry, there are MANY of you...your just going to have to think for yourself once and don't rely on what another man states.

And how do you make the big "shoot" I know you were probably nervous in replying to me, but next time read before you submit what you text up in here. You're the vulnerable type.

Hand checking won't make a difference, Curry's foot speed isn't really up there.
But I said Curry will be a scorer/shooter in the NBA. I mean if Mo Williams can do it, so can Curry. But a passer? No. Curry will get to the basket I believe at an okay rate, definitely not 10 free throws a game like he did in Davison, thats unrealistic.

Yes, I notice Eddie House plays an important 20 minute role.
On a championship team.
I guess the Knicks are a championship now.
And we're going to waste a lottery pick on a 20 minute rotation player.
Great...mafra has this amazing plan all set for the Stephon Curry 20 minute a game Era...FTW...

We dont know yet if we'll have Lebron and Bosh. Why do you like to talk about things you don't know?

**** Larry Brown.
He said Trevor Ariza was delusional.
Now Trevor Ariza is a world champion...established NBA player
Think for yourself...the "experts" aren't right all the time.

I was referring to their ability to shoot (take & make the big shoot). I realizes it helped MIller to be 4 inches taller- BUT FOLKS, the NBA was different back then.

mafra

Legend
Evans has no athleticism? Robert Vaden begs to differ:

Lawson>Curry, I would much rather have Lawson. He's a winner and lead UNC to the championship. When Lawson didn't play, UNC didn't win. He's strong, fast, and has great PG skills. Unlike Curry, who's just a shooter.

I've HEARD people say Evans is big and REALLY strong, but not that quick & athletic. We'll see. If he can handle the rock, I would prefer him over Curry.

AND, if given the choice.... sure, let's go with Evans.

I like Lawson a lot, but Lawson is also like a half-foot smaller than Curry, no? He doesn't really play defense. From what I've saw from him.

He's a great floor general.... REALLY fast... As he went so went UNC. Sure. He also hits the big shot.... He is a winner!

My issue with Lawson is his foot (or toe). I believe he was hurt at some point the last 2 years. Will his body handle the NBA? His whole entire game is his quickness.... IF that goes- see Williams in CHI.

SO, while I do admit Lawson would be a sweet pick, and would probably be a perfect fit for the Knicks.

Again, there is a bust factor. And if he is injury-prone, or cannot cover anyone, what good is he?

At the least, Curry can shoot.

SO, while you might be correct, that Lawson would be better.... It's still not a lock he will be. Still, I can't argue with this pick.

Just remember: 5"11' with toe injury. Do you honestly see Lawson handling Rose?

BUT, based on their last 2 years- you would have to want Lawson over Curry. Yes, I admit that.

mafra

Legend
Miller was in the NBA not too long...you're acting like Miller played in the 70s.
Curry is nothing like Miller, even in terms of shooting. Really a sad a comparison only a stan would do. Only thing sadder than it is your love letters to Stephy Curry.
Miller is the greatest shooter of all time, Curry was a great shooter in college, but you need to hold your dick and don't bust a nut yet for Curry until he proves he can be clutch in the most elite basketball association in the planet. When Curry produces in the NBA...thats when you make the comparisons.
You seem like one of those simple minded people who easily fall into the hype and get really hard headed and stubborn when you hear the opposite, as if you can't handle you was lied to you. Don't worry, there are MANY of you...your just going to have to think for yourself once and don't rely on what another man states.

And how do you make the big "shoot" I know you were probably nervous in replying to me, but next time read before you submit what you text up in here. You're the vulnerable type.

Hand checking won't make a difference, Curry's foot speed isn't really up there.
But I said Curry will be a scorer/shooter in the NBA. I mean if Mo Williams can do it, so can Curry. But a passer? No. Curry will get to the basket I believe at an okay rate, definitely not 10 free throws a game like he did in Davison, thats unrealistic.

Yes, I notice Eddie House plays an important 20 minute role.
On a championship team.
I guess the Knicks are a championship now.
And we're going to waste a lottery pick on a 20 minute rotation player.
Great...mafra has this amazing plan all set for the Stephon Curry 20 minute a game Era...FTW...

We dont know yet if we'll have Lebron and Bosh. Why do you like to talk about things you don't know?

**** Larry Brown.
He said Trevor Ariza was delusional.
Now Trevor Ariza is a world champion...established NBA player
Think for yourself...the "experts" aren't right all the time.

Shallow men judge merit by noise- you can mudsling all you want pal.... Says more about you than whomever you're crying foul against. I mean, what does it state about your character that you enjoy picking verbal spats with complete strangers, all the while flipping complete generalizations out into thin air that suggest nothing and connote even less.

Go on shouting about with your absolute proclamations, b/c they mean as much as a North Korean threat, totally devoid of any credibility.... full of hot air & signifying nada mooch. I wont even deem it necessary to stamp this w/ an exclamation point.

You don't like Curry- we get it. Go post another 1,00 times, and create 5 more threads about the same thing. While you're at it- keep role playing with yourself in front of the mirror, act tough & pretend to be the oracle you see yourself as.

The funniest part of all this- I wouldn't dare waste a minute to read your thesis about my shortcomings.... After the first 7 words, it was time to move on. However, I imagine you read and savored this entire post- and you're actually enjoying that bitterness building within your intestines and picturing your retort (which I wont read).

Thank you for showing your true colors so i wont have to bother engaging you in dialogue ever again. Tah-tah!

JayJ44

Starter
I've HEARD people say Evans is big and REALLY strong, but not that quick & athletic. We'll see. If he can handle the rock, I would prefer him over Curry.

AND, if given the choice.... sure, let's go with Evans.

I like Lawson a lot, but Lawson is also like a half-foot smaller than Curry, no? He doesn't really play defense. From what I've saw from him.

He's a great floor general.... REALLY fast... As he went so went UNC. Sure. He also hits the big shot.... He is a winner!

My issue with Lawson is his foot (or toe). I believe he was hurt at some point the last 2 years. Will his body handle the NBA? His whole entire game is his quickness.... IF that goes- see Williams in CHI.

SO, while I do admit Lawson would be a sweet pick, and would probably be a perfect fit for the Knicks.

Again, there is a bust factor. And if he is injury-prone, or cannot cover anyone, what good is he?

At the least, Curry can shoot.

SO, while you might be correct, that Lawson would be better.... It's still not a lock he will be. Still, I can't argue with this pick.

Just remember: 5"11' with toe injury. Do you honestly see Lawson handling Rose?

BUT, based on their last 2 years- you would have to want Lawson over Curry. Yes, I admit that.

Not to beat a dead horse, but Evans can really handle the ball.

Killer crossover, hesitation moves; ball handling is actually one of his main strengths. He's going to be a special player.

Half a foot? More like 3-4 inches. Lawson plays great defense, not sure what you're talking about. He's a pest, he had 8 steals in the championship game.

He never missed a lot of games, and he played through an injury in the championship game. If any player gets seriously injured, they're career is bascially over. It's not like Curry can play on one leg and Lawson can't. There's just as much of a chance that Curry gets injured than Lawson. In fact, there's a better chance Curry gets injured, because he's so weak. The toe injury isn't serious, it was just bad luck, it doesn't mean he's injury prone.

mafra

Legend
Not to beat a dead horse, but Evans can really handle the ball.

Killer crossover, hesitation moves; ball handling is actually one of his main strengths. He's going to be a special player.

Half a foot? More like 3-4 inches. Lawson plays great defense, not sure what you're talking about. He's a pest, he had 8 steals in the championship game.

He never missed a lot of games, and he played through an injury in the championship game. If any player gets seriously injured, they're career is bascially over. It's not like Curry can play on one leg and Lawson can't. There's just as much of a chance that Curry gets injured than Lawson. In fact, there's a better chance Curry gets injured, because he's so weak. The toe injury isn't serious, it was just bad luck, it doesn't mean he's injury prone.

I've been hearing the same thing.... Michael Kay was just talking to Fran, and he was ga-ga over Evans.

I'm starting to get that Evans itch.... You people have convinced me... He has size & strength, is a leader.... A bigger version of Lawson.

I doubt he falls to us, but he would be my target.