Rubio's Dad: Ricky likely staying in Spain for 1-2 years.

Scribbles

Rotation player
Oh shit, does that mean he can hold himself hostage and ask for a trade otherwise it was a waste of a pick?

Hmmmm.......

JayJ44

Starter
I think they're trying to do whatever it takes to get traded here. You can't blame him for not wanting to go to Minnesota...

NYKnicks15

Starter
all a ploy. Rubio is taking the high road in the media saying he and his son arent staying yadda yadda.. he wants to force a trade to New York and more than likely from what i hear it is a strong strong possibility... when Nate is involved

portega1968

El Cacique
all a ploy. Rubio is taking the high road in the media saying he and his son arent staying yadda yadda.. he wants to force a trade to New York and more than likely from what i hear it is a strong strong possibility... when Nate is involved

Nate? with Johnny Flynn in the same backcourt?

hell, if someone would do it is this crazy frikin GM from Minny... like a frikin kid in a toy store wtf.

but, that just seems too far out there.

I dont think Minny will trade Rubio to the Knicks... we dont have shit to give them, unless the guy wants Eddy Curry by some miracle of the holy father.

I think Rubio will not play in the NBA for a couple of years.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
hahaha wow i love it.

EFF Minn. they don't deserve Rubio with the amount of picks they had in this draft.

Oh how i'd love us to have leverage on making them trade Rubio to us or watch Rubio walk out.

Manuel23

Rookie
Ricky needs to pay the buy out clause in his contract with DKV Joventut. That's why he may stay in Spain, without a Top 3 contract he needs to go to a bigger market so he can get the money to pay it (It's 4.75 million euros)

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I think Rubio's side is doing as much as they can to try to get the Timberwolves to trade him to the Knicks. The Timberwolves could use a small forward, we need a point guard and have two small forwards...I dunno, you think Wilson Chandler + Nate would net us Rubio? It's very clear that he doesn't want to play in Minnesota and the Timberwolves made a stupid move by drafting him

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
The Wolves GM made the worst moves in draft night by getting 2 point guards back to back. Why would he do that? How stupid is this guy? Rubio doesn't want to play for a small market team, he didn't even visit the Wolves or work out for them. I thought Sacramento should of drafted him or the Thunder but Russell Westbrook was againts it. Now they **** everything up making Rubio have to stay in Europe for two more years possibly. Had it been the Lakers in the mix of the lottery they would of gotten Rubio and Stern would of done anything possible to help them get him. Did you see Stern's face announcing the Lakers 15th championship? What an idiot...

smokes

Huge Member
And the really stupid part is they could have had Flynn and Curry. Unless they thought Curry might pull the same kind of move.

2 PGs at 5 and 6. Idiots.