All our eggs in a RUBIO basket............

umynot

Benchwarmer
I know this will be criticized by a bunch of you but hear me out........

Who was the last talent that you knew would be a Superstar?

Not a great player but a Superstar.... Who since HS did everyone know would be better then most?

Lebron is the answer and we want him really bad!! Well Ricky is the next great PG and everyone who has followed him knows it!! Walsh must know it!! MDA has to know it!! I know all of Europe knows it!! Know Jason Kidd and Chris Paul knows it!!

Here is a Kid who has playing PRO ball since 14............

He has more highlights then most NBA players and yet he is only 18

He has played with NBA talent.......... Gasol ( Both brothers are in NBA ) Rudy Fernandez ....... Sergio Garcia and as a KID he played along side these players and have made them much better players!! @ 15 16 17 and 18 years of age!!

He obviously wont play in Minny and honestly who the **** would leave Barcelona for Minnesota ? What kinda recognition is this KID gonna get there? Lebron gotta to stay home when he was drafted even though Cleveland did suck enough to earn first pick! ..... NY has sucked too long now!!

Should Stern not interfere here? Should he not get involved and call both Kahn and Walsh and demand it gets done?

Would Rubio in NY not be the greatest thing for Sterns NBA? Would that not do the same as Yao does for Houston .......... Ten times the exposure if you ask me!!

His talent is unmistakable and so should his value in the NBA....... Find a fair way to give Minny more then enough to justify drafting him!! What is he worth? Would 2 starters not be enough?

Harrigton and Hughes and throw in Mobleys contract!!......... Take back Cardinal and his trashy contract!! Chandler? Something should make this happen!! Get a 3rd or Fourth team involved!!

Lee and Nate as bait?

Something!!

Just please for the LOVE of the game get us RUBIO!!!

johnstarky

Rotation player
I know many Knick fans want to see this guy play in a Knick uniform but I don't see this guy coming here.Minnesota wanting Hughes and Harrington over anything else that the other teams in the NBA can offer them seems a bit unrealistic.I see Walsh resigning Lee and Nate and bringing back the same roster from last season.Maybe Duhon gets a contract extension after the 2009-2010 and Walsh brings in Nash to be our future back up PG after 2010.

Hopefully Bosh or Amare end up signing with the Knicks after this season.I don't believe that Lebron would leave heaven to come to the Knicks.

mafra

Legend
If Walsh can employ the lose-for-2-year plan, in NY, then why can't his understudy do it in Minny? In the WEST where nobody is beating the Lakers for the next 2 years anyway!

Al Jefferson will turn 25 next season. He's a REAL big.... not like David Lee. He'll turn 27 in the middle of the 2011 season.

Kahn is actualy pretty smart here; wise; sound logic, and is being safe.... Think about it. He has Jefferson & Love. He just drafted Flynn & Ellington. He has draft picks next year; those picks will net better players if they stink. Better to win 15 games than 40 and miss the playoffs anyway, right?

SO.... sprinkle in 3-4 more first round picks.... probably lottery picks to go with his young core.

MIN will be positioned to really compete come 2011. That's Kahn's plan, no? He just took over the team. He's doing exactly what Walsh is doing- and peopleare applauding Walsh for his vision. Walsh is taking a bigger chance b/c he's banking on something really out of his control- up to Lebron & Wade, right?

So... Kahn sits back and lets his young core grow together.... He sprinkles in talent the next 2 drafts, and then can bring over a highly-touted PG in two years, or trade Rubio for some serious talent.

Given that Jefferson is young and locked up through 2013; Kahn is doing the exact same thing Walsh is doing. I think he wont give Rubio away, regardless of what David Stern wants.

I don't even think Walsh likes Rubio enough to give MINNY the farm anyway.

dave2138

Rotation player
The only trade that makes sense for both teams, but I don't think I've ever heard anyone mention it is Gallinari - Rubio.

Minnesota could use someone better than Ryan Gomes at SF..and safe to say Gallinari would interest them more than Chandler having more upside and guaranteed to stay for 3 more years. I don't see how Minnesota can turn that down.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Yes, Walsh does want Ricky.
No, Walsh will not give up Gallo.

I stopped dreaming about Rubio playing for us a while ago.

Btw...
h8eb9swq.jpg

is it just me or does this pic make hill look like the lead singer from Gym Class Heroes?

dave2138

Rotation player
Yes, Walsh does want Ricky.
No, Walsh will not give up Gallo.

I stopped dreaming about Rubio playing for us a while ago.

Thats probably the only way though we will have a shot at Rubio now. Otherwise Minnesota holds on to him for the knicks for another 2 years.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I don't get Khan's thinking behind the whole Rubio thing. Rubio doesn't want to and probably never will put on a Twolve's uniform. So why lose him for nothing? Take Lee and who ever else and get it done.

But on the other hand. I've always liked Harrington. Seems like most of the board has turned on him. It's what Knicks fans do best. I think Harrington may have a future with us. Harrington, Gallo, Chandler aint a bad core to build around. I think Walsh or D'Antoni landing Darko was a huge flop but I'm hoping for the best. All we need is an in shape Curry that can put up 18 and 7. If Gallo's back doesn' fail him we should be playoff bound. Chandler will only get better, Robinson will only get better and Harrington should know his role now.

dave2138

Rotation player
because Minnesota can't lose him..they own his draft rights. The only risk is when is the best time to trade him. Now, next year, 2011, 2012..

Harrington has no future with the Knicks. Trade him for the highest draft pick available or in a deal with Jefferies or Curry for another expiring contract. That would be a win-win, get rid of 1 of those 2 plus get Gallinari and Hill more playing time.

im still not convinced the guy will be a promised superstar until he atleast plays one game in the NBA. I, sorry, its easy when in NY you have "thee" market, and your team sucks to fall in love with a proposed star, but in reality no one in the NBA becomes a star before they prove themselves, lebron had soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many doubters before he took off in his second yr, I watched the 1996 draft on NBATV a few weeks ago where kobe was taken 13th, and each pick before him analysis wise and timing wise made sense, we can say now damnnnn can u believe the nets took kerry kittles over kobe, gtf out of here, can you believe potapenko was picked before kobe r u kidding me.....can u believe that..

todd fuller
erick dampier
samalki walker
lorenon wright

all before kobe a pure super star, my point issss is this....

stop sweating something before its even ran a lap.

I refuse to go crazy over rubio ide rather him play a yr or two in minny and see if hes for real, the fact he entered the draft to be picked by the wrong team then bailed on them also says allot about his ego, his immaturity, and his lack of professionilism..

ANU

Starter
kahn thought he was gonna have all these offers coming in,yet, i haven't see any. the guy is expecting a king's ransom for a player who's never played a game in the nba.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Why are some of you giving Gallo so much credit as a player when he's hardly done anything thus far in his short NBA career??? Harrington and Chandler right now are better players than Gallo, PERIOD. Until he proves anything over an extended amount of time, let's stop making him out to be some great SF who automatically trumps guys who have already produced in the league.

I'm not saying he won't be good, but let's see it first.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
What are we doing about a Pont Guard?

I have all but given up on Rubio, but our apparent lack of a search for a viable point guard beyond Duhon makes me wonder.

We do not have a draft pick next year. The stars of free agency in 2010 do not include young point guards, other than perhaps Rondo. I do not see Douglas as a point guard for any heavy duty minutes. Nate is likely gone and he has not been much of a point guard. Duhon is hardly as good as D'Antoni expected.

It does not appear we were terribly serious about Kidd and even if we were to get Nash next year, he is not a long term solution.

We have addressed our front line depth with Hill and Darko. I think Douglas is a promising combo guard, particularly defensively. Our most glaring current weakness is at the point.

Something has got to happen.

jpz17

Starter
actually guys the chance of landing him is very high. Rubio isn't that good though. You talk about him beating US, but forget guys like the Gasol brothers were getting all the attention. With his weak body he will be beaten up in the NBA.

He knows he is not good enough for the NBA yet, why do you think he doesn't want to play yet???

He is not good enough.

I plain don't want him.

Next.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Rubio isn't that good though.

He knows he is not good enough for the NBA yet, why do you think he doesn't want to play yet???

He is not good enough.

I plain don't want him.

Next.
Where are you getting this information??? Rubio isn't that good??? Rubio doesn't want to play in the NBA??? RUBIO DOESN'T WANT TO PLAY FOR MINNESOTA. If Rubio isn't that good in your opinion then I don't know how much you actually know about his game.

jpz17

Starter
I don't know much you know about his game.

I really hope we don't land Rubio. I'm all for Curry, but no Rubio.

smokes

Huge Member
Yeah taking an 18 yr old future star who wants to play in NY, has been playing professional basketball since the age of 14, has played on the Olympic stage, when we need a PG desperately, would be a horrible move imo.