Robinson to Greece?

Blas

Benchwarmer
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Suicide-lines-Childress-headed-back-to-Greece-;_ylt=Ah6p.hrd17n1dN_Pe5z1Fxe8vLYF?urn=nba,176319

Alan Hahn, Newsday: "Apparently Olympiakos is targeting Nate Robinson(notes) with a boatload of cash (use your Google translator to read it). As they did a season ago with Josh Childress(notes), the Greek team is hoping to sign Robinson as another ticket-seller, who would easily be a bigger star there. According to the story ? loosely translated ? Olympiakos may also consider a run at Ramon Sessions(notes), who is a restricted free agent with the Bucks. European teams can sign restricted free agents from the NBA with no compensation. But the NBA team does maintain the player's rights. The Knicks might actually have no problem with Robinson taking the Greek offer, mainly because not have to pay him and still could use him as a trade asset. Coincidentally, Robinson has been in Europe making appearances at basketball camps. He is an immensely-popular NBA player who might be the type to strike it rich in Europe as a fan attraction. But he is also the type that would likely prefer to remain in the NBA."

That would be interesting...

JayJ44

Starter
Dude would get benched and play like 5-10 minutes a game. Kinda like Brandon Jennings, his game doesn't fit their style. Nate is all about individual scoring, Euro teams are team oriented.

It would be great for us though. We hold the rights to Nate, but we don't have to pay him. He can come back in a year or 2 and we can resign him then.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
**** that!

I'm not a big fan of N8's game, but better here than there. He'd been the decisive game changer in a handful of games last year. If this kid could learn to run the point properly, he'd be great for us.

I'm fully aware that it's all about money, but seriously, he's not worth a great deal more than $6m/year, so why not offer him a 4 year $24m contract and pay him $10-12m next season?

I'm not a contractual genius, but that's doable right?

**** Greece.

the portable man

Benchwarmer
i would, considerin he's prolly the 3rd most dynamic player in the league right now

pay him or win less than 30 games next season, its simple...he's the guy u build around, not sit around and look at FA pg's all day like a ****in video game lunatic

find a shooter, get rid of chandler, he hangs out in the gutter all day, that would explain his low shootin %..... i cringe watchin him play, he actually looks like a built potato head..... guy has 0 entertainment value, WGAF if he can lay down a tomahawk on a fastbreak...... where is the offensive awareness and defensive hustle

either way N8 takes, hes gonna make his presense felt

its either 18ppg for the knicks next season or 35ppg in Greece playin with a bunch of kyle korvers and college has-beens

shit is ****in ridiculous

eddy curry would be wilt chamberlain in euroleague

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
i would, considerin he's prolly the 3rd most dynamic player in the league right now....wtf??

pay him or win less than 30 games next season, its simple...he's the guy u build around:td:, not sit around and look at FA pg's all day like a ****in video game lunatic

find a shooter, get rid of chandler:td: , he hangs out in the gutter all day, that would explain his low shootin %..... i cringe watchin him play, he actually looks like a built potato head..... guy has 0 entertainment value, WGAF if he can lay down a tomahawk on a fastbreak...... where is the offensive awareness and defensive hustle

either way N8 takes, hes gonna make his presense felt

its either 18ppg for the knicks next season or 35ppg in Greece playin with a bunch of kyle korvers and college has-beens

shit is ****in ridiculous

eddy curry would be wilt chamberlain in euroleague :td:

I know this is your opinion, that's cool, but what are you talking about?

Seriously.

Especially Nate being the 3rd most dynamic player in the NBA? And someone you build a team around?

So you're rolling with say:

1. Kobe
2. LBJ
3. Nate Robinson

As the most ambitious and forceful people in the league? That being what dynamic means in relation to a person?

Something like that?

And Nate as a franchise player?

And Curry being Wilt in Euroleague.

Shit is ****in ridiculous.

Last edited:

nyk_nyk

All Star
Yeah Portable I respect your opinion but you were reaching pretty hard on that comment.

Nate is freakishly athletic I'll give him that but he does not rank 3rd in most dynamic (not that there's an active list or anything)

Curry/Chamberain ---- The Euroleague isn't that bad man.
Nate is not a player you build around. He's a valuable role player though.

metrocard

Legend
Dude would get benched and play like 5-10 minutes a game. Kinda like Brandon Jennings, his game doesn't fit their style. Nate is all about individual scoring, Euro teams are team oriented.

It would be great for us though. We hold the rights to Nate, but we don't have to pay him. He can come back in a year or 2 and we can resign him then.

Good post...Nate's passing always been handicapped with his style

Doesn't make sense.
Plus Nate should stay in the NBA
Doesnt he have to defend his slam dunk title?

CoolClyde

N8 questions... greek to me

will N8 go greek, and forego his NY endorsements and slam dunk crown?
what do name NY players really get re advertising dollars?
does NBA team have to match a foreign offer to keep a restricted free agent?

i don't know these answers, but I'm hoping N8 don't leave, or we get
something in return via sign and trade...
:crossfingers:

Well hello to all,

As you can realise from my avatar name, i am a greek fan of Olympiakos

I was led here by a couple of links on Google...

Well i would like to say a couple of things here.
1st of all Olympiakos is trying to make a team that will have a lot more showoff ( Soz for my bad english :)) and not so much zone-type defense or offense. In a few words Olympiakos is trying to make an NBA quality team.

2nd I think (and most of Olympiakos fans) that Nate is going to fit in our team cause we need a dynamic player that goes up to 1vs1 and beat up those jerks over to Panathinaikos, who have swept all the titles that there are here in europe by all means with the help of Refs... We must do something about that and we thought that NBA style staff would make the difference, but as it seems we need more, not only Josh Childress, to overwin Refs and the other stinkies.

tiger0330

Legend
**** that!

I'm not a big fan of N8's game, but better here than there. He'd been the decisive game changer in a handful of games last year. If this kid could learn to run the point properly, he'd be great for us.

I'm fully aware that it's all about money, but seriously, he's not worth a great deal more than $6m/year, so why not offer him a 4 year $24m contract and pay him $10-12m next season?

I'm not a contractual genius, but that's doable right?

**** Greece.
Why would you/they want to do that? You could give him front loaded contract that includes a signing bonus, the bonus for cap purposes is not absorbed in the first year but is spread over the 4 years of the contract.