LeBron's Mom Speaks, Against move to Knicks

____I♥NY____

Benchwarmer
The Saga hasn't ended yet and will not end until July 1st 2010 at 12:00 AM when Donnie Walsh makes an official offer to James. However, LeBron's mother, Gloria James stated that LeBron will not move to New York. However, various opinions of those close to LeBron say he will. It's an official debate as mixed thoughts and reviews come in but ultimately the solo man that will make the decision is LeBron James.

LeBron James will not be with the New York Knicks next season, his mother, Gloria, said at a book signing Thursday in New York.
"He's a hometown boy," she said. LeBron grew up in Akron, Ohio, but his home now is Cleveland.
The James family was at the Monkey Bar for a book party that Graydon Carter threw for "Shooting Stars", the story of LeBron's team at St. Vincent-St. Mary and their coach, Dru Joyce II. James authored the book with Buzz Bissinger. It is subtitled, "A Poignant, Thrilling Tale of the Power of Teamwork to Transform Young Lives and Make Dreams Come True."
Bissinger, who wrote "Friday Night Lights," recently said, "If you mess with LeBron around Gloria James, you better be in a witness-protection program."
Gloria's comments came after a Knick fan waved an arm around the elegant surroundings saying, "You don't have anything like this in Cleveland."
--~Source Sporting News

Webpage Link: http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/article/2009-09-11/lebrons-mom-says-hes-not-going-be-knick

Truth or just another Rumor?

Paul1355

All Star
Seriously if Lebron is going to have his mother still make career decisions for him then he should pack up his lunch box and stay home.

His mom can say whatever she wants and it is OBVIOUS that everyone that lives in Ohio and is a Cavs fan and will say that he won't be in NY....the fact is that Lebron wants fame, the spotlight and he thrives under it. He knows if he went to NY that his fame would double and he'd be the basketball Derek Jeter of NY.

Anyone in Lebron's spot is tempted to move to the big apple knowing that he can change this team single handedly.

He has been in Cleavland for what...six years? I think he might be tired of his hometown and not getting a ring.

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
Wait until Lebron's Mother see's all the department stores, and all the shopping, and the bright lights.. She'll change her tune really fast...

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
July 1, 2009. Manhatten, New York.

Lebron: Hey Momma, you stay at Macys. I gotta go..uhh.....do something.

Momma: Ok son...

-Lebron proceeds to go to a MSG Press Conference-

Donnie: It is my pleasure to Introduce LEBRON JAMES AND CHRIS BOSH as New York Knicks!

And the rest, as they say, will be history.

Dirk

Benchwarmer
I think Walsh should try and sign Lebrons mom to a minimum contract first, give her some minutes here and there as a PG, see how she runs the floor, then focus on attracting Lebron

johnstarky

Rotation player
I think Walsh should try and sign Lebrons mom to a minimum contract first, give her some minutes here and there as a PG, see how she runs the floor, then focus on attracting Lebron

I'd take her as my point guard over Marbury any day.