Knicks @ Heat Game 1 Discussion

jpz17

Starter

UNOFFICIAL GAME THREAD. JUST FOR DISCUSSION. TAKEN FROM PROSPORTSDAILY:barf:

OFFICIAL THREAD TO BE UP BY MONDAY NIGHT. LOTS OF JPZ WORK.

(0-0)
.............. (0-0)

------------

Date: October 28, 2009
Time: 7:30 PM EST
TV: SunSports

----------

HEAT
PG...........SG..........SF..........PF...........C
3419.jpg
1987.jpg
3418.jpg
2184.jpg
615.jpg

CHALMERS---WADE---BEASLEY---HASLEM---O'NEAL

KNICKS
PG...........SG..........SF..........PF...........C
2377.jpg
3194.jpg
1717.jpg
308.jpg
2772.jpg

DUHON---CHANDLER---JEFFERIES---HARRINGTON---LEE

----------

Code:
HTML:
                         Miami HEAT                   NY Knicks
     Rebounds:           Udonis Haslem - 8.2          David Lee - 11.7
     Assists:            Dwyane Wade - 7.5            Chris Duhon - 7.2
     Blocks:             Jermaine O'Neal - 2.0        Wilson Chandler - 0.9

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks problem lies in a healthy "Dwayne Wade" who took a 16 win team to a 43 win team. The man is a Super-Star Winner!
The NBA have no defender for Wade yet.

Nate & rookie Douglas offensive depth off the bench has to be at the top of their game giving Charmer & Arroya big problems to defend either of them, this way Wade will have to concentrate on defending Nate's speed.

Beasely is unpredictable b/c we are not sure what position he will play the majority of the game SF or PF? and I'm sure he improved his talent in other areas from last season. So the best defender we have for Beasely all game is Wilson Chandler.

David Lee will have his hands full with Haslem & O'Neal, but if he stick with the same performance he used last season on Bosh & O'Neal we wont get beat on the boards.

Our weakness may give us away when our big's 7.0 Darker, 6.11 Jefferies, 6.11 Gallo, 6.9 Harrington all show they dont have any scoring in the paint (back to the basket downlow moves) by each of these big's taking all their shots close to the 3 point line.
Maybe Herb Williams will finally be Fired after the first game....just a hope.

tiger0330

Legend
I'm hoping the Knicks can get off on the good foot and beat a pretty good Miami team in an away game. It will show we can win on the road and have the players to beat someone besides the Nets. Looking for Lee and Darko to play some D and stop Jermaine. Lets get it started.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
The Knicks should pull out the W if they continue to play D with some intensity. JJ looks to be playing hard and can defend many positions. Look for Harrington to be a beast and Nate to go nuts.

I will be representing NY as I have tickets to the game and will be rocking the Frazier throwback. (just bought it! :) )

KBlack25

Starter
D-Wade is obviously the guy to stop here. Can Douglas stick him? I don't know, but I think it might be a good test for Douglas, he's been our top guard defender in pre-season...If TD can stick him I have high hopes...

I'm really high on this Toney Douglas kid, I think we've gotten a great draft steal here.

CoolClyde

Dee-Wade Dee-Fence

who will defend Dee-Wade, that is the question? I'm still stinging from Wade's performance end of last season,
where he TORCHED the Knicks in the 4th quarter. Can Chandler get it done? I don't think N8 or Duhon stand a chance...
Douglas has his work cut out for him, if he's on court same time as DW.

the Knicks figured out how to guard Rajon Rondon and beat the Celtdicks,
can they figure out how to defend one of the best SG in the NBA?

:smokin:

jpz17

Starter
sorry guys.. delay alert. I won't be able to get it up tonight. Tomorrow night. The game isn't until Wednesday so It should be fine. I take pride in my threads and do not want to rush it. I'm having problems getting all my images hosted lol.

Sage

Rotation player
If the Knicks don't punch him (Wade) in the face like last year we might just be able to hold the Heat. But if he does catch fire at all I doubt we'll be able to do much to stop him doing whatever he likes.

metrocard

Legend
Predicted statline:

Eddy Curry: 0 minutes
Robinson: 18 points, 4 turnovers
Duhon: 9 points 6 assist....mad ordinary.
David Lee: 22 points 15 rebs
Chandler: 12 points
Gallinari - 15 points
Harrington - 20 points on 30 shot attempts
Darko - 2 blocks

Carlos Arroyo - 82 points 31 assist 15 steals 2 blocks 0 turnovers 100% FG
Trillion - eating 15,000 grams of saturated fat and a lot of beer for another pussyless night for the win.

Paul1355

All Star
We can win.

Hey JPZ heres my opinion...

This is our second best line up at the moment....THE ONLY REASON I am not completely against starting Jeffries is because honestly he was one of the most improved players on this team. He has developed a consistent outside shot which he never had. That to me is impressive and hopefully that can ship him to another team.

I think Duhon is on thin line and if he starts off bad we might see Nate start some games. Chandler should be the starting SG because Hughes has just been horrible on offense. Harrington and Lee will obviously start but I really think Darko should replace Jeffries because of his height, rebounding, blocking, and good passing.

Goal to win:
Shut down the middle....we have to use Darko alot and stick Chandler on Wade the entire game. When he gets tired then only play Hughes to defend Wade. Then we can have a shot in winning this game.

Lee has to box out O'Neill and have a normal David Lee rebounding field day.

I am also a big fan of Toney Douglas after seeing him this preseason...he should and will get some minutes in a combination with Nate at SG.

And somehow limit their transition on offense which might kill us on wednesday if he fall behind.

Kiyaman

Legend
D-Wade is obviously the guy to stop here. Can Douglas stick him? I don't know, but I think it might be a good test for Douglas, he's been our top guard defender in pre-season...If TD can stick him I have high hopes...

I'm really high on this Toney Douglas kid, I think we've gotten a great draft steal here.

I would let Larry Hughes defend D.Wade in the first quarter, Douglas defend him in the 2nd & 3rd, and let Jefferies defend D.Wade in the 4th.
Whomever defend D.Wade is going to get into foul trouble, so Douglas could learn alot defending D.Wade after watching Hughes in the first quarter.

The old Refferies will be back so D.Wade's first-step tricks will have him on the foul line with D.Wade starting the season off scoring 40 points on the Knicks. It is not uncommon for Kobe, Lebron, or D.Wade to score 50 points on the Knicks...

GetRealistic

Starter
I would let Larry Hughes defend D.Wade in the first quarter, Douglas defend him in the 2nd & 3rd, and let Jefferies defend D.Wade in the 4th.
Whomever defend D.Wade is going to get into foul trouble, so Douglas could learn alot defending D.Wade after watching Hughes in the first quarter.

The old Refferies will be back so D.Wade's first-step tricks will have him on the foul line with D.Wade starting the season off scoring 40 points on the Knicks. It is not uncommon for Kobe, Lebron, or D.Wade to score 50 points on the Knicks...

I'm actually agreeing with Kiya i feel dirty... But i think the guy to defending Wade is throwing a lot of different bodies and body types on Wade. Not that any of these guys can or will stop him but we can throw Chandler, Duhon, Douglas, Jefferies, and even Nate for small spurts at him. The key to me is make him shoot jumpshots and keep him off the line.

When Douglas and Nate are in the game i'd love to put some full court pressure on this team. Chalmers will break under pressure and despite the fact that Arroyo is PR he can be had with solid pressure.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Trillion - eating 15,000 grams of saturated fat and a lot of beer for another pussyless night for the win.
Damn! Mustafacard is on my dick! He claims he is ignoring me yet my name comes out of his mouth in almost every thread! How do you sound kat? Do you have enough functioning braincells to see how foolish that makes you look? Chumps who want a rematch with the champ yet can't talk to me directly are too cute! My silly little nukka feels inferior because his girl got a Sam Cassell exterior! Don't be mad because your wifey is the ugliest dude to ever play ball.

I must have really hurt him bad since he can't help but to obsess about me. It's quite flattering that my eating and sexual habits are running through his mind but dude really needs to get a life! I aint even mad at ya...I pity you at this point.

Mustafa is like a little child who says something and then quickly plugs up his ears with his midget fingers...squinting his eyes chanting nah nah na nah nah! Great debate tactics! :thumbsup:

Live Webcam footage of Mustafa trying to take potshots at the champ:

monkey_fingers_in_ears.jpg

You aint fooling anyone with that contrived forced smile...we all know you hate yourself more than I ever could!

You got spanked, humiliated and played on a site you cherish...get over it dude! It's time to get my dick out of your mouth and me out of your mind and go back to living you meager sorry existence.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Damn! Mustafacard is on my dick! He claims he is ignoring me yet my name comes out of his mouth in almost every thread! How do you sound kat? Do you have enough functioning braincells to see how foolish that makes you look? Chumps who want a rematch with the champ yet can't talk to me directly are too cute! My silly little nukka feels inferior because his girl got a Sam Cassell exterior! Don't be mad because your wifey is the ugliest dude to ever play ball.

I must have really hurt him bad since he can't help but to obsess about me. It's quite flattering that my eating and sexual habits are running through his mind but dude really needs to get a life! I aint even mad at ya...I pity you at this point.

Mustafa is like a little child who says something and then quickly plugs up his ears with his midget fingers...squinting his eyes chanting nah nah na nah nah! Great debate tactics! :thumbsup:

Live Webcam footage of Mustafa trying to take potshots at the champ:

monkey_fingers_in_ears.jpg

You aint fooling anyone with that contrived forced smile...we all know you hate yourself more than I ever could!

You got spanked, humiliated and played on a site you cherish...get over it dude! It's time to get my dick out of your mouth and me out of your mind and go back to living you meager sorry existence.
Damn homie, that was straight child abuse. SMH

nyk_nyk

All Star
I actually think the Knicks win tomorrow but will learn nothing from it and proceed to lose the following 2 games. Until the team develops defined roles for everyone then thats what its gonna be.

No primary or secondary scorer. JJ may end up takinig 10 shots tomorrow.