Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Will stay on the team

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Gets injured and nothing will change

Votes: 8 25.0%

• Total voters

Paul1355

All Star
So Eddy Curry is back and 40 pounds lighter and hopefully can make somewhat of an impact soon.

What does everyone think will happen with Curry this year?

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
His weight is down so if he can stay in shape there's no reason he can't be productive. It would be immensely helpful for the Knicks to have an inside scoring presence. I think it will take a few game but I'd like to see what Curry and Lee can do playing side by side. A 6'11 guy that can get inside and shoot can' be ignored. He at least should cause some match up problems.

Something's got to give which is why I'm hoping Curry will be productive. If you actually believe the Knicks have a shot at Lebron or Wade with the worse start in franchise history, you are sadly mistaken. Rumor now is that Bosh may re-sign with Toronto. That leaves us Joe Johnson or Michael Redd, maybe?!

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
the thought of paying michael redd 90 mill at this point of his career must really turn isiah on lol....

nd on curry, i really hope he does well. if he somehow becomes what he was supposed to be then keep him. but hopefully he'll do good enough that we could get an expiring contract, and a pick.

ANU

Starter
i think he'll show signs before the all star break, some team will make a big deal to get better and another team pushes the panic button to get him.

not really.

Paul1355

All Star
Joe Johnson and Amare

His weight is down so if he can stay in shape there's no reason he can't be productive. It would be immensely helpful for the Knicks to have an inside scoring presence. I think it will take a few game but I'd like to see what Curry and Lee can do playing side by side. A 6'11 guy that can get inside and shoot can' be ignored. He at least should cause some match up problems.

Something's got to give which is why I'm hoping Curry will be productive. If you actually believe the Knicks have a shot at Lebron or Wade with the worse start in franchise history, you are sadly mistaken. Rumor now is that Bosh may re-sign with Toronto. That leaves us Joe Johnson or Michael Redd, maybe?!
Yea I have been reading all the trade rumors and odds are we get Joe Johnson with a guy like Amare...i could live with those two. We'd definitely be a playoff team.

Paul1355

All Star
i think he'll show signs before the all star break, some team will make a big deal to get better and another team pushes the panic button to get him.

not really.
I agree..hopefully he can make an impact right away due to him being 295 pounds. I mean losing 65 pounds should give him more rebounds, points and blocks.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Yea I have been reading all the trade rumors and odds are we get Joe Johnson with a guy like Amare...i could live with those two. We'd definitely be a playoff team.

We can't afford Johnson and Amare. There isn't enough cap space. Pick one. That's it.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i think curry is hungry, not for burgers but to be successful he wants to save his career, and hes out to prove himself i think he's going to start off slow and become a force down low by mid-december hes lighter moves better and WANTS to play and succeed

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
donchris, once an isiahsexual...always an isiahsexual...

Curry will give this team absolutely nothing we need.

Don't you think we need to trade him? Best way for him to gain value is to play and be productive. Your dumb ass should be rooting him on.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
gotta agree with don, and marrese speights got injured so i picked up...(gulp)... eddy curry from waivers(In ma fantasy bball league). of course no 1 else knew he even played in the league anymore lol. so im hoping for some points and some effort to rebound. i think he averaged less than 4 rebounds one season...and hes 6'11. thats just pathetic

Paul1355

All Star
gotta agree with don, and marrese speights got injured so i picked up...(gulp)... eddy curry from waivers(In ma fantasy bball league). of course no 1 else knew he even played in the league anymore lol. so im hoping for some points and some effort to rebound. i think he averaged less than 4 rebounds one season...and hes 6'11. thats just pathetic

thats why we are hoping that being 295 pounds will put helium in his shoes

I really hope Curry Man can be productive. He's one of my fave players so I might be a little biased towards him, but, if last nights game against pacers is anything to go by, 10 points and 3 offensive boards in about 11 minutes, he's lookin' like the Eddy Curry of a few years back. Hoefully he'll do well and provide us with the inside presence we sorley lack. Prove 'em wrong big man!!

p0nder

Starter
I think Curry comes back and makes an impact. I do not think we willl get rid of him however. So lets keep cheering him on and hopefully he'll give us more positive minutes like last nights game!

mafra

Legend
The Eddy Curry we saw last night was very impressive. Not only does he look in shape but he looks determined to make an impact. Who cares about his defense if he's a force in the blocks on the offensive end? That's what it appears he'll be.

I mean, the dudue actually had a few rebounds last night and pushed somebody! WOW....

I see Curry working his way up to about 28 minutes a night, averaging about 18 points - 6 rebounds. This might be enough to get somebody to bite!

Option #1: An injury or with some team determined to fill a need (interior offense) compels a team to trade for Curry. Heck, he's only going to cost you ONE year. It might get to the point where he's attractive enough to take that risk (again, only locked in to Curry for 2010) that NYK not only get cap relief but might get something of value in return- DRAFT PICK!

Option #2: Curry plays well enough this year that NY is able to deal him before the draft next year for an expiring contract, a salary dump plus a draft selection.

Option #3: Curry plays well enough where he is a contributing starter in 2010. I mean, if Curry is our #3 option on the offense in 2010.... not the end of the world.

THE KEY TO ALL OF THIS IS CURRY. Either way, no matter what happens, if Curry returns to form (where he's scoring 18-20 points a game) he has value- even if that means he's stuck in NY for one more year.

Possible Destinations:

1) HOU - they need a big body in the middle for this year, and probably some of 2010 as Ming works himself back. Would they deal T-Mac for Curry?

2) DAL - I thought this was the perfect marriage. This team is begging for interior offense. Is the addition of Gooden enough? Their window is closing quickly (and DIRK is looking better than ever right now).... Cuban is the sort of gambler who would roll the dice. Curry would give LAL something to contend with - opening up stuff for Dirk, Howard & Marion.

3) CHA- We know Larry Brown was a fan of Curry. Would Augustine-Diaw for Curry be a swap scenario?

ANYWAY.... for now:

Iverson
Hughes
Gallo
Lee
Curry

Rotation: Harrington, Chandler, N8, Jeffries, Douglas, Hill & Darko.

* Deal DUHON to ORL to make room for Iverson;

This team should be exciting enough to compete, maybe even make some noise. Could they get to 35 wins?

Kiyaman

Legend
What's funny is......
Headcoach Scott Skiles never cared if Eddy Curry came to camp out of shape, he played him into shape the first 3 quarters of the preseason games and the 82 regular season games.

It would be nice to see the Curry & Lee tandem that almost got us to the playoffs 3 seasons ago...

Paul1355

All Star
Curry;s aggressiveness and the fact that he has not lost any of his low post game was surprising. He was thinking a different mentality than this Knicks team has for all season. He wanted the ball and wanted to pound his way in and draw fouls if he had to.

If Curry makes most of his foul shots, keeps playing aggressive, and stays in games then he can be good this year and good enough to trade.