O/K, calm down!

CLYDE

Benchwarmer
Yes, I'm the guy who posted the thought of maybe getting a B. Roy yesterday.

And yes, maybe "out on the ledge" suggesting that, but I'm not as crazy as you think. I did say "would they do this?" (probably a bad example in Roy), but I'm thinking of the economy of today's NBA also.

MSG is nearly packed each game for the crappy Knicks, but that world does not fit in a lot of cities. I've seen recent TV games in Miami, Wade, and the stands are half empty it looks like.

Take the Hornets, am I wrong that they are just dumping quality players to cut costs? Maybe C. Paul at some point just wants out, and if he does then the owner might be open to a deal.

So, can C. Paul be had easily? Of course not, but maybe the first GM to call with an offer that combines some decent talent and money savings gets listened to. Just a thought as in today's world strange deals might happen.

And, I've been a Knick fan longer than most of you guys have been alive, so I may come accross odd to you at times.

So, enjoy the Knicks, maybe they can make something out of this year and attract a big time player in 2010. :beer:

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
^
WTF..........

You got murdered yesterday for the pipe dream trade you proposed and now you make a thread to cry that some guyz here whipped ur azz and gave you no respect. You coulda posted this in your original thread and let it go.

Please Clyde stop making non sense threads one after the other just because your ego was bruised.

SMFH..........:thumbsup:

Kiyaman

Legend
whatup Clyde.....the 2010 FA superstars and star-players will be looking for teams that have all their positions covered except for their position, with a decent coaching staff and decent players that get along on and off the court. That is not the Knicks.

my first Knick game was 40 years ago, the same season the Bullets traded Earl the Pearl Monroe to the Knicks. Earl was a 30 point scoring star on the Bullets, the Knicks needed a PG to be able to advance in the playoffs.
Walt Clyde Frazier was to much like a combo-guard needing a tandem leading guard. Once the Knicks got Monroe the team were set at every position.

The Knicks spending money (back then) each offseason to add a certain part to the team to make it better than the previous season is where I got my philosophy on building a top contender team.

O.K. this salary-cap thing makes it hard to do that each season, so u have to add colege scouts and a huge developing coaching staff to develope your young players into "Team-Players". Not Stars!

This is where Donnie Walsh and Dantoni is a BIG-JOKE.....rather than build a decent .500 record team that gets along with each other and the staff with two offseasons they build a wreck that losses 15 of their first 20 games.

CLYDE

Benchwarmer
^
WTF..........

You got murdered yesterday for the pipe dream trade you proposed and now you make a thread to cry that some guyz here whipped ur azz and gave you no respect. You coulda posted this in your original thread and let it go.

Please Clyde stop making non sense threads one after the other just because your ego was bruised.

SMFH..........:thumbsup:

Whatever ego I had was bruised & battered years ago, and I tried to admit my post missed the mark. But your remarks are o/k with me. :beer:

As to non sense threads I don't think I'm wrong is suggesting in today's economy there may be deals available that would have been out of the question a few years ago.

Relative to the Knicks, they probably just don't have enough spare talent and / or draft picks to put together an unusual deal.

But, Donnie should keep his eyes open. Too bad the NBA does not have the rules like MLB, otherwise Dolan could just buy off mistakes of the past.

As to 2010 FA market, only a few IMO will get serious money, the real game changers; LeBron, Wade, maybe Bosh.

A wake up call is coming I think. Only in a fantasy world could Kobe and someone like Arenas have "same ballpark money" pay checks.

Paul1355

All Star
Yes, I'm the guy who posted the thought of maybe getting a B. Roy yesterday.

And yes, maybe "out on the ledge" suggesting that, but I'm not as crazy as you think. I did say "would they do this?" (probably a bad example in Roy), but I'm thinking of the economy of today's NBA also.

MSG is nearly packed each game for the crappy Knicks, but that world does not fit in a lot of cities. I've seen recent TV games in Miami, Wade, and the stands are half empty it looks like.

Take the Hornets, am I wrong that they are just dumping quality players to cut costs? Maybe C. Paul at some point just wants out, and if he does then the owner might be open to a deal.

So, can C. Paul be had easily? Of course not, but maybe the first GM to call with an offer that combines some decent talent and money savings gets listened to. Just a thought as in today's world strange deals might happen.

And, I've been a Knick fan longer than most of you guys have been alive, so I may come accross odd to you at times.

So, enjoy the Knicks, maybe they can make something out of this year and attract a big time player in 2010. :beer:

Your post can show fact with Pau Gasol being traded to the Lakers for a bum in Kwame Brown with an expiring contract.

Gasol was on a Grizzlies team that was bad and had no fans, so the team went into rebuilding mode and traded him to a big time place like LA.

I can see someone really good being traded because a team wants to rebuild everything from scratch. It is one of the worst moves to do and riskiest but it happens.

The only problem is that the Knicks dont have any attracting players to even get a good player that a team wants to dump.

Only the young crop in Gallinari, Hill, Douglas can attract any deal for an aging star and it would be hard to accomplish.

And Chris Paul would only get traded if he demanded it and the Knicks have nothing to match his value.