Calderon available?

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Jose Calderon has been injured and the Raptors have been playing very well with Jarrett Jack. Calderon is healthy now and he's not been in the starting lineup.

Chad Ford of ESPN said this:

I don't think it means that at all -- though I'm sure their recent success helps. Unless the Raptors are legit contenders, I don't see Bosh sticking around. The Raptors are another team I think will be very active at the trade deadline. I think they'll try to see if they can swap Calderon for a starting two guard.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/30208

Should we pursue Calderon? I think he would be the perfect PG for D'Antoni's system. What would it take to get him? What would you be willing to give up?

NYKChevy

Benchwarmer
The money he makes is disgusting, he still has 4 years left on his contract. MAYBEEE a trade of Jared Jeffries and Wilson Chandler but I don't think the Raps would bite on something like that, nor do I think Donnie wants to trade jeffries for anything other then an expiring. I mean Calderon known as the worst defender in the league, we have enough bad defenders

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
chandler is better than calderon, and 4 more years on his contract?? helll nooooo to calderon. even if we cant get rid of jeffries now he'll be a hot commodity next year unlike calderon. calderon had his hot streak, and made a lot of ppl fall in love with him, he just hasnt been the same since two years ago. and with each passing game im seeing to much improvement from chandler to trade him yet. im really hoping this isnt just a "streak" for chandler. he finally seems to have stopped chucking, and attacking the basket. i wasnt a chandler believer before so im hoping he keeps proving me wrong.

p0nder

Starter
As a note calderon is back in the raps lineup and got 8 assists and 5 points last night in limited minutes in a win against orlando.

Jose is a great competitor and ball handler. He has good vision on the court and has a way of getting the ball to the right people.

However I don't think his contract or his game play would be a great fit for the knicks. i'd pass if i was donnie.

Ewing

Benchwarmer
They would probably want either Chandler or Gallinari in return, they'd love to have the 3 italian studs there.
But I think we can get better and younger than Calder?n.

metrocard

Legend
chandler is better than calderon, and 4 more years on his contract?? helll nooooo to calderon. even if we cant get rid of jeffries now he'll be a hot commodity next year unlike calderon. calderon had his hot streak, and made a lot of ppl fall in love with him, he just hasnt been the same since two years ago. and with each passing game im seeing to much improvement from chandler to trade him yet. im really hoping this isnt just a "streak" for chandler. he finally seems to have stopped chucking, and attacking the basket. i wasnt a chandler believer before so im hoping he keeps proving me wrong.

8.8 assist per 36 minutes
50% FG shooter
88% FT Shooter
38% 3pt shooter

Pure PG....

Chandler is very limited, his best games in comparison with other NBA players aren't anything special.

Chandler is a fake SG who's a three.
We have our 3 in Gallinari.

PG is our weakest position, Calderon would make us a .500 team easily.

Earlier in the season if you asked me about this trade im saying hell yeah.. But we're playing well right now and Chandler is coming into the player everyone projected before the season started. I can't say I'm too crazy about this trade right now.

p0nder

Starter
Calderon is a good player but his contract is not a fit for donnie and i do not see it happening. His defense is also an issue.

Now they did just release Pops M.-Bonsou who was actually a pretty decent option off the bench with a LOT of intensity. I'd like to see us pick him up as a jordan hill type of impact player.