2010 Option 2

Is it worth losing Wilson Chandler to get rid of Curry?

• Yes

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Circumstancial

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Don't be stupid

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Osiris80

Benchwarmer
Hello!

First thread for me here. And you can create a poll! That's cool!
I've seen a lot of talk lately re alternate options for the 2010 off season, and some of it's interesting and really thought provoking.

There's a lot of talk about trading with the Wizards, Rockets and Mavs circulating and I thought I'd dedicate a thread solely to trade ideas.

My trade scenario isn't really an alternate option to the 2010 FA race, clear cap madness, but it will be beneficial going in to the off-season.

~Curry, Chandler and David Lee for:

~Josh Howard, Drew Gooden, Greg Buckner and Tim Thomas (which would make Thomas a Knick for the 3rd time) with Dallas.

The reason I favour this trade, is because Howard comes with a team option on his contract for next year. It also gives Dallas the option of playing Dirk at the 3 with Lee involved, and they (unlike we) have the opportunity to play Lee with a decent 5.

That to me is the bait for Curry.

Dallas becomes an immediately better team (which as a post season team is great for them), but in this scenario, we force some much needed action in the Lee stakes and still keep Donnie's one track 2010 mind appeased.

We'd also have a very decent/under rated PF in Gooden as well and can renounce his rights if necessary at the end of the year. I think?

Our season would suffer of course and that's the other side of the blade.

-Duhon
-Howard
-Gallo
-Harrington
-Gooden

Crap team. 3 SFs in the starting 5 and Duhon.

Way more opportunity for Hill and Douglas. Douglas > Duhon.

Nate gets a chance to implement some consistency.

Way more cap space.

Get something in return for Lee's inevitable exit.

Thanks.

Osiris80

Benchwarmer
I've gotta say BTW that it's hard to make a trade scenario like this and know that what's become a good season for the Knicks, will be completely compromised with a trade like this.

That's if this kinda trade is even likely in the first place anyways.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Welcome to the site mate.

I reckon that's a pretty decent effort actually... But as you say, what's been a pretty sweet year thus far gets completely fisted.

But losing Fats Curry is key to turn what's looking like a flailing 2010 master plan into something more probable. As we all know too well.

I agree that Gooden's under rated too...

But I'll stick with trying to get Butler and McGee from the Wiz and skipping the Lebron sweepstakes and resigning Lee.

And depending on what you prefer for this season, yes, Chandler is worth trading for Curry.

But as for next year, we go in to the season with one less player if Chandler is traded, leaving only 5 signed Knicks.

Risque.

dave2138

Rotation player
good season for the Knicks? Competing with 6 teams to get swept by the Cavs or Celtics does not mean you are having a good season. Any trade where you can get rid of Curry/Jefferies using Lee, Nate, Harrington, Hughes is an excellent trade.

Using Gallinari/Chandler/Hill in order to unload those bad contracts is where its debatable.

If we do see a trade like this where it takes Lee + Chandler in order to lose Curry, at least we will know that there was no other way to lose Curry without giving up those 2. So, I would have no problem with this trade. Trading Lee + Chandler for nothing to get rid of Curry is better than not making any trade in my opinion.

I would decline Howard's team option and just use that extra 10 mil to spend elsewhere. You can sign James + Bosh + Tyson Chandler and still be under the cap in this scenario.

I wonder if Dallas would do this...maybe they will since they are over the cap next year anyway so getting Curry won't hurt as much. They will also be able to use Lee's bird rights to sign him to a long term deal.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Yeah, but you have an extra 12 mil to go out and replace Chandler + fill other holes.

I'm aware of that but it comes down to what happens first. Do we load up our roster first and then make an offer to James? Why should he have to wait for us to put together a favorable squad? And could we even do so? Coulds, woulds.... Don't like em.

Osiris80

Benchwarmer
I'm aware of that but it comes down to what happens first. Do we load up our roster first and then make an offer to James? Why should he have to wait for us to put together a favorable squad? And could we even do so? Coulds, woulds.... Don't like em.

Hey Crazy8s.... I see you've got some kanji down there on your sig... Is it Chinese or Japanese? I studied Japanese for a few years as a hobby and even had a laptop posted to me with Japanese characters on them so I could email etc. in hiragana.....

If it is Japanese, then let's see if you can read this.......

あなたは おぱいが 好きですか? ははは!!!