• Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nets

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Paul1355

All Star
Options for Wade

• Miami. They have enough money to bring in serious talent around him, and he stands to make the most money if he re-ups with the Heat.
  • Chicago. It's his hometown, they desperately need a scorer and he could be paired in the backcourt with All-Star Derrick Rose -- another Chicago native.
  • New Jersey. The money is there, but it seems like an unlikely destination.
  • New York. If they whiff on LeBron James and others, Wade could potentially come into play.
  • Los Angeles Clippers. The Clips also have the cash for a free agent, but with Eric Gordon at shooting guard, they'll likely be targeting a small forward such as Rudy Gay.
The Heat's season is now over with a loss to the Celtics last night, so for our sake, Dwyane Wade's free-agency period has begun.
Though some have mentioned his hometown of Chicago as a possible landing spot, Wade has reiterated numerous times in recent weeks that his heart is in Miami.
And after the Heat were ousted from the playoffs last night, Wade was again saying similar things to ESPN's Chris Sheridan last night.
"I'm not putting no pressure on myself," Wade said. "I think I put myself in a great situation three years ago to sign this deal to make sure that my team stays competitive. We've got some work to do, the front office has to do it, and there's no pressure on me. I've said where my heart is, and I think any player that's thinking about wanting to come to Miami, they know where my heart is. You just have to see things being done and accomplished."
For now, bet on Wade to remain in Miami. But if they're unable to land another top-tier free agent to couple with him, it's possible he could head elsewhere.

Dwayne Wade hasn't been with a championship contending team since teh Heat won with Shaq years ago...since then Wade has been a one man show with Chalmers having a bad year, Beasly proving to be a bust and Jermaine O'Neal missing open jump shots in every playoff game.

Were will Dwyane Wade go this offseason???

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I think he stays in Miami if they can pair a Bosh or STAT alongside him. If not he probably bolts for Chicago. I honestly wouldn't mind having Wade but I think he is more Dwayne Fade then Wade at this point. Injuries and his hard nosed play style have taken a toll on him.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
he's not leaving Miami.. they'll get some talent this summer to appease him. I don't think he'd leave even if they didn't get someone though..

Bosh would make the most sense.. that'd make them pretty competitive.. which would make James' chances of winning bit less were he to stay in Cleveland too

dre48ny

Rotation player
Dude will get STAT and Felton to play with him.
That team has mad capspace.
They'll probably give Beasley another chance and might resign Jermaine.

I wouldn't mind having Wade @ all, but he seems content in Miami.

Paul1355

All Star
Wade can possibly come to NY or Chicago

I think the 7 years and one championship is now a distant memory to Wade. Like Bosh, Wade has been with a team for a long time and has been a one man show with nothing really to show for it. Yes the Heat make the playoffs but always lose in the early rounds except for when they had Shaq.
Wade's supporting cast was ten times worse than the Knicks team this year.

I personally think Wade is thinking about leaving more often than not. He says he wants to be with the Heat but he also said that he might consider a few teams if he decided to go to free agency. Everyone thinks he is staying where I see a frustrated all star that might take advantage of free agency and pack his bags.

I think The Knicks landing Dwayne Wade is a better possibility than them landing Lebron James. James has a good team with a good supporting but old cast in Jamison and Shaq, along with Mo Williams....Wade has nobody.

I know Wade is injury prone but that's because his style of play is 100% aggressive and drawing fouls...I would take Wade playing 80% of the game in the year and raking up the fouls and playing his heart out than some all star jacking up shots and not playing aggresive on offense.

Wade makes other players play aggressive and if anyone has watched any Knicks games this year, aggressive offense is what everyone on this team lacked.

Wade would be perfect and I do see a 30 - 40% possibility of him packing his bags and saying good bye to Riley and company.

Just watch out the for Chicago...they have Derrick Rose and a hometown that is waiting for Wade. But NY has all the publicity, endorsements, well-liked coach(apparently), and fans that would back him up 10000% to revive the Knicks.

Don't rule Wade to the Knicks out completely.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
Better chance than James?? I hope not.

Wade has spelled it out pretty clearly that he's comfortable in Miami, and that 'Miami is in the drivers seat' or w/e... He enjoys Miami, perhaps more so than his desire to win another championship... though I do think as you said, getting knocked out w ease as he did will def. make him demand some more talent and understand he can not do it alone [if he didn't already know that]..

Wade has a much different mindset than Lebron..he doesn't have that fight and desire to win that championship that James does, given James hasn't won yet.. he'll be over the loss in a few days, and enjoying the beaches..I do think he realizes the situation he's in though as far as talent..

If for some miraculous reason Miami doesn't get any more talent, or even attempts to, Id say there's a chance that he'd consider elsewhere... but I think Reilly is already assuring Wade they'll be some better players come next season by his side..

When you think about it, Wade, as one of top player 3 players in the league, should not be getting basically swept in the first round... just doesn't make sense/add up... if he had a kobe/james/etc mindset, he's be real angry and say that their performance was unacceptable... but it didn't seem like he was all that surprised..or that it'll bug him for all that long.... he did express disappointment, but not what you'd think given the circumstance..

It would be too much of an effort to leave for a more talented team... as i said, he likes Miami... so why not just have the heat sign a star... my thoughts anyway..

so long as he's testing the waters, there's always a possibility i suppose.

*I'll also say that the other scenario i could see him leaving in would be if that dream chance that he and James decide to team up.. I could see them leaving and perhaps signing here together... though that is a dream

moneyg

Starter
wade has to really think about this. even if he gets bosh or amare they dont have any other talent maybe besides chalmers. we have more talent if he came here with another max big. if he leaves i think chi town maybe his fist choice:smokin:

Paul1355

All Star
wade has to really think about this. even if he gets bosh or amare they dont have any other talent maybe besides chalmers. we have more talent if he came here with another max big. if he leaves i think chi town maybe his fist choice:smokin:
I agree with you, that is why we have to lure in more than just big money and publicity...and I think LBJ is just playing games and jerkin our chain we should make Wade just as important.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
I don't think Chicago has any intention on making Rose a 'side' player to Wade, which is what he'd be regardless of how well they'd play together.. if you bring Wade to a team he's going to be the center... I think Chicago is happy with Rose being their star player and would go after a Bosh before Wade...though i agree they probably would still lack the talent to compete... though Noah Bosh Rose wouldn't be too bad..

As for Wade leaving, I don't think the difference in talent is big enough here in NY than it is in Miami for him to come here w talent over bring in some there.. his like of the area probably outweighs any talent the Knicks currently have over the talent the heat currently have..given they get some talent this summer as the knicks hope to..

I think Wade would be a bit nervous about coming to NY too, as good as he is.. Miami press is in love w him and thinks he's king regardless of whether he almost gets swept first round..or misses an entire season w injure or w/e... NY I think would be a bit more brutal if he doesn't produce results... that being said, given the low standards Knick fans have, he could basically do nothing and we'd appreciate it... his constant 'this is my house' bit does make you think though that he enjoys being where he is and the way he's treated.. and how he's loved not for winning tons of championships, but for putting alot of points on the board and having buzzer beaters every so often.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
I don't think Chicago has any intention on making Rose a 'side' player to Wade, which is what he'd be regardless of how well they'd play together.. if you bring Wade to a team he's going to be the center... I think Chicago is happy with Rose being their star player and would go after a Bosh before Wade...though i agree they probably would still lack the talent to compete... though Noah Bosh Rose wouldn't be too bad..

As for Wade leaving, I don't think the difference in talent is big enough here in NY than it is in Miami for him to come here w talent over bring in some there.. his like of the area probably outweighs any talent the Knicks currently have over the talent the heat currently have..given they get some talent this summer as the knicks hope to..

I think Wade would be a bit nervous about coming to NY too, as good as he is.. Miami press is in love w him and thinks he's king regardless of whether he almost gets swept first round..or misses an entire season w injure or w/e... NY I think would be a bit more brutal if he doesn't produce results... that being said, given the low standards Knick fans have, he could basically do nothing and we'd appreciate it... his constant 'this is my house' bit does make you think though that he enjoys being where he is and the way he's treated.. and how he's loved not for winning tons of championships, but for putting alot of points on the board and having buzzer beaters every so often.

Derrick Rose is very good. But if D-Wade comes to Chicago he's the STAR, no questions asked. Wade is leaps and bounds better than Rose. Wade>Bosh. They would go harder for Wade. It would be the best backcourt in the NBA for the next 5-6 years.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Derrick Rose is very good. But if D-Wade comes to Chicago he's the STAR, no questions asked. Wade is leaps and bounds better than Rose. Wade>Bosh. They would go harder for Wade. It would be the best backcourt in the NBA for the next 5-6 years.

That's true.

But would Dwyane Wade want to be the face of a franchise that's built around Derrick Rose as it is? Rose is so good the Bulls should probably focus more on building around Rose than they should trying to get a new franchise player to anchor their team - Derrick Rose IS their franchise player, now they just need to round that team out. The team has been succeeding beyond expectations with Derrick Rose as the #1 option on that team, now what they need to do is surround him with better players like a better center.

I don't see Wade going to the Bulls to play alongside Derrick Rose. I more see Wade sticking around and waiting for Chris Bosh and/or Amare Stoudemire, or possibly going to another team that signs a powerful piece like Bosh and/or Stoudemire

p0nder

Starter
After Wade's 46pt performance in game 4 against the celtics he said "They say a great player can win one game by himself, but it takes the team - it takes other guys - stepping up to win championships. Hopefully they can step it up in Game 5"

He thinks the players they have now are scrubs and he's right. He wants the front office to really shake things up this offseason. Jermaine O'neal sucks. Beasley is too soft to be an effective PF, they need a low post defender, they have holes everywhere.

Dwyane Wade is the only reason that team even made the playoffs and everyone knows it. Management will consult him and try to work with him and the coach to get better players to surround him. If not, you might see wade persuaded elsewhere. I think it's all going to depend on where the other big name FA's go/stay. It's all very fluid at this point and until the season is over i don't think there is any logical way of predicting where the chips will fall.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I think he stays in Miami if they can pair a Bosh or STAT alongside him. If not he probably bolts for Chicago. I honestly wouldn't mind having Wade but I think he is more Dwayne Fade then Wade at this point. Injuries and his hard nosed play style have taken a toll on him.

Did you even watch the Celtics/Heat series????

nyk_nyk

All Star
I don't see Wade going to the Bulls to play alongside Derrick Rose. I more see Wade sticking around and waiting for Chris Bosh and/or Amare Stoudemire, or possibly going to another team that signs a powerful piece like Bosh and/or Stoudemire

Never discount a player taking the opportunity to play for his hometown. If Wade went to the Bulls, it would be because he wants to play where he grew up. That's a dream scenerio for a majority of players.

Billups said it was a dream come true for him to be able to play in Denver and we all know how happy Marbury was to be in NY (despite the results).

knicksin60

Starter
I wouldn't want that ego maniac in a Knick uniform.Anybody that would rather play in front of 5 thousand fans a night in a state that values Nascar above basketball than play in front of sold out crowds in the best city in the world, doesn't deserve to be a Knick.

Let the Heat re-sign him, go after Amare, Bosh, or Boozer as well and go the next 5 years getting eliminated from the second round of the playoffs.The Knicks don't need another player who won't sign with them in his prime but will probably be looking to sign with them after his career is done.

If the Knicks don't sign any free agents this summer, so be it.I could wait until 2020 for the Knicks to get lucky in the draft.Ten years passes by like nothing.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Did you even watch the Celtics/Heat series????

I live in Fla. and have a bunch of Heat fans as friends. He played well in the playoffs but held back during the season and looked old during a shit load of games. This led the Heat to a 1st round matchup with Boston and the rest is history.

I am not saying the guy is over the hill or done but I think he is starting to fade.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I live in Fla. and have a bunch of Heat fans as friends. He played well in the playoffs but held back during the season and looked old during a shit load of games. This led the Heat to a 1st round matchup with Boston and the rest is history.

I am not saying the guy is over the hill or done but I think he is starting to fade.

Well if he's starting to fade while still being able to put up monster numbers then he must be even better than you think. In no way do I think he's on a decline. This dude can still do some amazing things whenever he wants.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Well if he's starting to fade while still being able to put up monster numbers then he must be even better than you think. In no way do I think he's on a decline. This dude can still do some amazing things whenever he wants.

Because he held back and played "safe" during the season. Had he gone balls out for 82 games he may have not had the same vigor...obviously speculation but again...I am friends with many knowledgeable Heat fans.